July 6th or 7th?

Even though the PS Store and F1 2020 website says the Deluxe version will be available on july 6th, the codemasters social media says it will be playable only on july 7th? When will I get to play the game after I pre-oreder it: on July 6th or 7th??

I've pre ordered the Schumacher Edition on PS4 and am looking at the countdown as I type this. It says playable in 4 days 0 hours 48 minutes. It appears that the game will download before this timer runs out as I chose auto download but it looks like July 7th at 12am is when you will be able to play it

It depends on where you live I guess. If he lives in Australia it might unlock on the 6th for him

I pre-ordered the Schumacher Edition but Steam says it releases on the 10th... Which one is it then?

14 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

It depends on where you live I guess. If he lives in Australia it might unlock on the 6th for him

If he lives in Australia then it will unlock at 12am on July 7th in Australia. Not the 6th. Just because it's July 6th in the western part of the World doesn't mean it's July 6th in Australia.

8 hours ago, Costa said:

I pre-ordered the Schumacher Edition but Steam says it releases on the 10th... Which one is it then?

If you pre ordered it, you get the benefit of having 3 days early access so you will be able to play it at 12am on July 7th

3 hours ago, Mike5500 said:

If you pre ordered it, you get the benefit of having 3 days early access so you will be able to play it at 12am on July 7th

I'm in Australia & "pre-ordered" yesterday but my Steam is saying it'll be available to play on the 11th.... Make of that what you will 😅 

1 hour ago, Guga_Cyr said:

I'm in Australia & "pre-ordered" yesterday but my Steam is saying it'll be available to play on the 11th.... Make of that what you will 😅 

Yes Australia is ahead of the uk time wise, the count down is off to on steam. Last year I was able to play at 10:00Am AEST

2 hours ago, Maffoom007 said:

Yes Australia is ahead of the uk time wise, the count down is off to on steam. Last year I was able to play at 10:00Am AEST

🤞🏽

I preordered the Schumacher edition from CDKeys - I’m hoping that they will send over the code to me Monday and let me pre-download the majority of the game so that I can get on early on the 7th.

Has anyone had experience of CDKeys and preorders? I’d just like to settle this in my head about what is happening 

EDIT: They sent it through to me as I was typing the email. And it doesn’t look like a date restricted thing - I may have very early access to the game. Woop!

Edited by nothere270

I wouldn’t  advertise you bought it from there. Not sure how legal those platforms are.

very much doubtful you will get the key early

I’ve bought what must be getting on for 20 games from them without even a hint of there being anything illegal in the whole process. And as per my edit To my earlier post I’ve just received the code and 2GB of the game is downloaded. 

I honestly wouldn’t have a problem downloading it today and getting a screen saying ‘nope, wait until Tuesday’, but of course it would be fun to grab the game today if possible too.

in the event of the second scenario, I’m not going to be posting content on here or anywhere else. Even though I’ve never signed an NDA, I’ll stick to the spirit of things and avoid making waves on that front 

Fair enough pal 👍

just something about paying half price doesn’t quite fit.

would rather pay full price in the hope that more cash goes to codies

From my understanding, these codes are bought direct from code masters or through an intermediary who has bought them - either way Codemasters has made what they wanted to on the purchase and nobody has been messed about