Jump to content Jump to content

Classic Icons

adroduke

On the Dirt timeline, there's another update that comes after the 'Tarmac Terrors' update (which looks amazing by the way) which is called 'Classic Icons'. There was 5 cars that came out with the Tarmac Terrors update, are those 5 cars the cars for the Classic Icons update?  
At least Renault 5 Turbo and Alpine A110 should be in that pack, as they appeared in the wrong update earlier this month along with the 5 cars that were released today. It'll have more cars, for sure.

austinb said:
No I believe they are separate, we can hope for some more cars to be added soon :)
I hope so too, the cars they just added are awesome, but if that was the Classic Icon update, I was kinda expecting more to be added, like the Alpine A110. And the funny thing is to that in the latest dirt rally show, there was no indication or a mention of the update, they said their next priority is the rallycross pack, so I don't know.
TPJP said:
At least Renault 5 Turbo and Alpine A110 should be in that pack, as they appeared in the wrong update earlier this month along with the 5 cars that were released today. It'll have more cars, for sure.

Oh awesome, that's good to hear.
http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/barnestah1/media/volvo%20480_zpsbxehngza.png.html
Probably even less relevant would be the Volvo 480. But that was my second car and would love to see that on here. 

Sorry the link seems to work but I cant get the pic showing??

Barnestah said:
http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/barnestah1/media/volvo%20480_zpsbxehngza.png.html
Probably even less relevant would be the Volvo 480. But that was my second car and would love to see that on here. 

Sorry the link seems to work but I cant get the pic showing??

Funny thing, as im actually looking out for a 480 to buy atm, but yes it is probably a bit irrelevant for this game tbh

edit: if you get the source url for the image, then paste it in the "attach image/file" button next to the link button 
Yeah sure did that but nothing  showed. It's probably due too to heavy download maybe. 

My 480es was a great car for the time. I even got a scrapped turbo version to switch engine's with but chickind out and sold both for another car. After some years tho it did get a funny tendency to wink one of it's pop up light which was quite funny but annoying at the same time. 
I imagine that the two packs were combined, but I could be wrong. I guess that the licensing with Renault hasn't been sorted in time though, hence the Renault/Alpine (owned by Renault) omissions. Pity, and both cars would have fit the 'tarmac terror' theme well too, but hopefully it will be sorted and a nice addition later down the line.

It would be nice to have it acknowledged though, even if it's something vague like "you may have seen us working on other cars but they weren't in this pack for x, y or z reason". Pretending we didn't see it doesn't feel right.

That said, plenty of new content to try for when I'm next able to load up my machine :)
According to the timeline on the game's official site, both the Tarmac Terrors and Classic Icons packs are marked as released on June, so I assume that those 5 cars were the Classic Icons pack. I'm a bit confused at to what will be of the Renaults. Are they scheduled for later? Did the licensing go wrong? It would be nice to get some clarification on this.
Didzis said:
adroduke said:
I would Love to see Cars from the 1999 WRC Championship
Don't forget the original Ford Focus

How can you not, Colin Mcrae was one of the first drivers to drive these when they made their debut into the WRC, there's a lot of iconic cars from that era that I hope to see in this game.

Archived