F1 2019: PlayStation 4 in Game Purchases and Internet Connection

Posted (edited)

I have two questions about the F1 2019: The Official Videogame.

Question 1:

I was looking on eBay and saw used PlayStation 4 copy. The rear of the case read in a white box ‘IN GAME PURCHAES’. What does that mean? Does that mean the player has to buy things with real money, or money in the game awarded from races?

Question 2:

Is an Internet Connection required to drive in any races. I do not want to play online, hence why I don’t want games that require online play.

Please feel free to answer one of, or both of the questions. 🙂

ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1
Additional information added to the title of this post.

There are in-game purchases, but they're all cosmetic. And you can earn credits by weekly events to buy them.

• Like 1

there are microtransactions which you use real world money to pay for but these are only microtransactions you will need an internet connection to download any updates which have been made for the game but once that is done you should be able to play on all offline gamemodes

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

@Nightfire1964, what do you mean by microtransactions?

Does the player have to use real world money to play the game? What do you get for these transactions?

ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1
Additional information added and additional cursor space removed.

Posted (edited)

Microtransactions in the game is when you can buy custom liveries to use in multiplayer but I can see you you will not be fussed by that also you may be interested by updates as if you don't install there will be possibly more bugs in the game as updates fix them usually in f1 games there is a thing called the day 1 patch this is a huge patch which is added on when the game is released so most importantly this must be downloaded . I must clarify you don't need to pay anything to actually play the game. 

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yep this is in the assists in the game. Also no problem glad to have helped answer your questions

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Like 1