Seeing as my last post has been removed I would just like to say that there are still people streaming over on twitch, how is this fair on the YouTubers and beta testers (I am neither of these) who have helped you develop the game. In my opinion these people have put alot of time and effort into helping create a game not just for themselves but the entire f1 community. In my opinion you should lift the embargo placed on youtubers and any beta testers who have bought the game online should be allowed to play, this in no way benefits me due to myself purchasing a hard copy so I still won't be able to play until Tuesday. 

You don't know how they received their copy. Could be a store that sells them under the counter, some copies delivered too early? If I would buy a copy today if a store would allow me and stream it on Twitch what could codemasters do? Nothing!

Codemasters could do the right thing and lift embargo and allow testers who have paid for the game online to play, these are the people who have been making the game more enjoyable for the rest of us, how is it fair that these people have to wait when they are the ones we should be thanking 

• Disagree 1

@BarryBL with all these videos being put out there online what are the chances of the YouTubers embargo being lifted early or is that not and option? 

2 minutes ago, Shaun933744 said:

Codemasters could do the right thing and lift embargo and allow testers who have paid for the game online to play, these are the people who have been making the game more enjoyable for the rest of us, how is it fair that these people have to wait when they are the ones we should be thanking 

We have other stakeholders to satisfy, and confirmed release dates have to be adhered to from our official sources. Streaming and broadcasting the game does come under NDA and we can appeal to platforms to have it removed.

Just now, Shaun933744 said:

@BarryBL with all these videos being put out there online what are the chances of the YouTubers embargo being lifted early or is that not and option? 

Chances of embargos lifted? None to be honest. The NDA is there for a reason and sets a precedent.

• Agree 1

So your NDA basically says it's ok for people who end up with the game early to post videos and clips online but youtubers who do this for a living and have bills like the rest of us to pay aren't allowed and are being made to wait @BarryBL

• Disagree 1

Well it seems that my post too was removed...maybe saying too much the truth before release has hurt someone .

and yes, there are ppl around with a copy doing videos freely.....

• Disagree 1

Last year youtubers were allowed to release footage 5 days before the early release but this year with everything going on and people being at home codemasters decide to push this back, I don't understand this logic behind it because have we not suffered enough 

Exactly these are the people who put the game out there for everybody to see and enjoy and codemasters are doing them and everybody dirty by only allowing them to release a day before 

I just watched a race where the guy got disqualified for not using two different tyre compounds.

however he did a two stop. Medium - soft - medium.

its clear there are bugs in the game that day 1 patch will resolve.

Makes sense that they dont want videos out there of the pre patch game.

Yeah I understand they won't want videos out but there are videos out and in my opinion youtubers not only do they showcase the game they also educate and offer tips to viewers watching, last year we all had plenty of time to see and figure out what we wanted to do but this year we don't, at the end the day this is there livelyhood and codemasters are stopping them from earning money while others put videos out there 

I understand your point, but the game is effectively ‘broken’ until day one patch. Whats the point in playing & streaming until codies get the correct version out on the 7th?

i’m sure everyone can wait couple more days 😀

Yeah but why change from other years then, there just taking money from them, other years they have released videos earlier than a day before release 

Are you kidding or being serious? YouTubers make money off other people's product, they have no "right" or "entitlement" to get it early. CM do them just fine by giving them the game and a product they can make money off.

Also they're embargo lifts 4days before official release (10th), 7th is early access for those that have PAID for the right to get access to the game before launch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

here we go again folks a, new game gets released and everyone want's to play it now

i have only just bought 2019 this week thinking it was fully patched and working only for it to crash every time i exit the game..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, audacious said:

here we go again folks a, new game gets released and everyone want's to play it now

i have only just bought 2019 this week thinking it was fully patched and working only for it to crash every time i exit the game..

True.

Yeah they make money because its there job, do you make money at the job your at off other peoples products?? Because I think that's what everybody in this world does 

• Disagree 3

People bought the game, not their fault it was released to the public. People getting banned should be streamers, people that were given a code, etc because they should have signed a NDA.

And they are doing it: reporting and taking down infringing material.

The other option you're proposing is not feasible at all. There are reasons for embargoes and content restrictions, people have already explained it all for you here but you're simply not budging. 

Sorry bro, content creators are not the suffering pitying minority without money to put bread on the table because of evil corporations like Codemasters.

You can't even say they're all imbued with good faith, too. I have no problem with people making money from content based on other people's IP, there is creativity and value in what youtubers and streamers do. I'm referring to those who just want to stir **** with clickbaiting and bloated videos. It is in the best interest of developers and playerbase alike that people outputting content out there have bonds tying their work to a minimum quality standard.

• Agree 3

What I am proposing is feasible youtubers have been given access early because they have spent years creating a channel and a fan base that codemasters themselves make money off due to youtubers creating content that doesn't just benefit themselves but also benefits people who want tips towards the game, I think the embargo releasing one day early isnt fair on just youtubers but everybody as a whole, 2020 has been bad enough with everything going on in the world so why punish people and make them wait longer than previous years 

What do you have to say about:

• Content being made about the game in its current state, which is not the one that the general customer will get on release day;
  • Said content being made by people not bound by NDAs and mandatory disclaimers of "final product", "in-development" and so on;
  • Other shareholders and partners which interest resides on a quality product being released or, to put it more bluntly, in no subpar quality and glitchy content being revealed. Think of investors, license owners like Ferrari and Liberty Media. You know, people that have a bigger impact on Codemasters revenue than a youtuber with a sub 10k;

Or to boil it down: marketing 101. 

I am not playing the devil's advocate here, mate. Please realize that even the most pro-gamer, pro-consumer minded developer and publisher do have to take those things in consideration as they all align with the player best best interest of not having a fluke of a game. Nobody wants to have the next pre-overhaul No Man's Sky. Not even us, players.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1