Fake sponsors as track advertising

The real sponsors advertising around the track do they pay to be added to the game? Did they pay for all the billboard space around the track? Wouldn't it be cool in My Team career to have the sponsors also advertising on the billboards around the track? Track advertising always looks so empty with only a few real life sponsors but with all those fake sponsors it would look less empty. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

The real sponsors advertising around the track do they pay to be added to the game? Did they pay for all the billboard space around the track? Wouldn't it be cool in My Team career to have the sponsors also advertising on the billboards around the track? Track advertising always looks so empty with only a few real life sponsors but with all those fake sponsors it would look less empty. 

You mean the fake sponsors we get to use for our cars in My Team, similar to those in multiplayer in F12019?     I assume that's what you mean anyways, and yes, I'd have to agree.  That would be a welcome addition.  Licensing issues I'm sure prevent Codies from using more than the handful of legit sponsors they do have licensed so it would be a nice way to create some variation.  Even better though, I'd like to see them use the REAL sponsors on the current F1 cars first, then fill up other track signage boards with the fake sponsors.   I'd assume licensing wouldn't be an issue there since they're already in the game on the cars.    Do agree though, it would be a nice feature to add to make the advertising around the track not so bland and stale.

Yes that's what I mean. There is a lot of advertising space around the tracks that is hardly used. There is a lot of Rolex and Pirelli around the track but because there is almost no other advertising around the track it always looks like something is missing. Fake sponsors could fill these empty advertising spaces. On asian tracks they could use the fake Chinese sponsor, In France and Monaco the fake French sponsors and so on. I don't know if it would work for the normal career mode but in My Team and online it would fit nicely.

• Agree 1

They are probably mandated to use the official sponsors. They pay rights to have their brand exposed on all F1 media including TV broadcasts, YouTube, social media and the games. The only exception seems alcoholic beverages (Heineken), which get in conflict with the game age rating, so they are removed and replaced by generic "F1 2020" boards.

Even in Brazil, where Globo TV (the sneaky event promoter) has somehow gotten rights to put their own sponsors on track, is reproduced by Codemasters without changes.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I'm not suggesting to remove the real sponsors that are already in the game. There is a lot of advertising space left that is not used by official sponsors or that has the F1 2020 banner. 

Not sure how the license for the tracks been done but I guess they are part of the F1 package and we've seen now that Liberty does not mind that fantasy elements are added to the portrayal of F1 in video games. 

Edited by BelgiumDude

Considering they have added Fanatec signs to the game that aren't there in real life there must be some flexibility.

However, personally I strongly dislike the Fanatec signs and the idea in this thread - I think as the official game the track adverts should be as authentic as possible. It's a shame the Heineken non-alcohol signs seem to have been removed in the final game though.

Why they have removed the Heineken advertising ? In the GPs in the Corona time with the F1 stars they bring the advertising into the game and in the preview gameplays and now its removed 

49 minutes ago, Pxtte said:

Why they have removed the Heineken advertising ? In the GPs in the Corona time with the F1 stars they bring the advertising into the game and in the preview gameplays and now its removed 

It'll be alcohol advertising as it's a PEGI 3 game. I work for a brewery and we're really strict on advertising in places that are targeted at under 18s (Although our Tribute logo is on Plymouth Argyles shorts in FIFA so I've just contradicted myself! 🤣) Gotta be something to do with that I'd imagine though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 9:40 PM, kenuf said:

It'll be alcohol advertising as it's a PEGI 3 game. I work for a brewery and we're really strict on advertising in places that are targeted at under 18s (Although our Tribute logo is on Plymouth Argyles shorts in FIFA so I've just contradicted myself! 🤣) Gotta be something to do with that I'd imagine though.

If they can’t add Heineken sponsoring can’t they just have the f1 2020 logo against a green board to make it more realistic  

Edited by Kyle244242

Posted (edited)

Would be nice if they could change the white boards to green. But why are the "When you driver never drink" signs in F1 Mobile Racing, and why have they been removed from F1 2020? They were in the game in the first gameplays and in the BETA

Edited by Baki2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Baki2 said:

Would be nice if they could change the white boards to green. But why are the "When you driver never drink" signs in F1 Mobile Racing, and why have they been removed from F1 2020? They were in the game in the first gameplays and in the BETA

Because it is still advertisement for alcohol I guess. It's like the Marlboro barcode liveries. Subliminal marketing

Edited by BelgiumDude

4 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Because it is still advertisement for alcohol I guess. It's like the Marlboro barcode liveries. Subliminal marketing

So they can advertise alcohol in mobile games, but not on console/pc. Interesting

In regards to alcoholic sponsors they could take an approach the nascar games did a while back is have an age restrict dlc for those packages.  The age restriction is regulated by an age appropriate gamer tag.  But other than I am cool either way with sponsors on the tracks.  Even I am a sucker for authenticity.

On 07/12/20 at 5:24 PM, Kyle244242 said:

If they can’t add Heineken sponsoring can’t they just have the f1 2020 logo against a green board to make it more realistic  

i played mexico for the first time and they already do it for the paddock club stands why can't they add this to the other sponser boards they already do it as well for jonnie walker