General graphics quality reduced?

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, 

I received my copy of F1 2020 this morning and directly noticed that the general graphics quality seems to be worse compared to F1 2019. 

To me the cars are much pixelated and the Anti-Aliasing is worse. same applies to the buttons and the HUD

Anybody else noticed that too? I play on PS4 Pro and a 2020 OLED TV

Edited by SAL_LippiArsenal

I only watched streams so far. Remember you are not playing the release version yet so Improvements could still be on the way.

• Haha 1

They added split screen so they had to reduce the graphics to get it running like it should. 

If they really sacrificed the overall graphics quality to implement a split-screen, it would be a bad decision in my opinion. Games like COD MW2019 also offer split-screen MP and only reduce the graphics when you play together. Here it seems that the graphics is worse overall, it's not specific to the split-screen mode. 

• Agree 2

Well seeing that the game isn't actually officially out yet I'm sure there will be some updates still need to be added f1 2019 came out I think in like version 1.04 I think

I got the impression they simplified some assets when watching some tracks. Some trees looks weird and more pixelated, but might just be an impression, I didn't look side by side.

Posted (edited)

I made comparisons with F1 2019 and other games last night, they all look sharper than F1 2020. This is noticeable especially when you compare the buttons on the wheel, the PS-buttons in the bottom right. I assume, just like someone else already said, they sacrificed graphics to achieve a higher frame rate.

I really enjoy the new physics and handling model of the game, but still graphics are also important to me. 

Edited by SAL_LippiArsenal

I guess some of the detail could have been dialled back ever so slightly to account for the extra content this year with MyTeam being added but I’m pretty sure it looks on the same level to me on PS4.  I know some of the earlier videos of the work in progress builds that the youtubers were showcasing were probably before the finishing touches were added and the final polish.  Will have to wait until the full game arrives for me to have a deeper look but to me this video doesn’t look too bad at all ... 

On the Xbox One X the quality/assets looks a little less than F1 2019.

Maybe @BarryBL can help shed some light on this?

10 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

On the Xbox One X the quality/assets looks a little less than F1 2019.

Maybe @BarryBL can help shed some light on this?

Sure, I think that's fair. 

So, to elaborate a little, we haven't sacrificed graphics quality because of Split-screen. We haven't sacrificed anything on the graphics front at all, and should perform to at least the same standard. Examples here when the game has been released @SAL_LippiArsenal would be useful.

Split-screen runs at 30FPS to accommodate for 2 players, but that is the only area of the game to do so. All other areas of the game are unaffected.

• Thanks 2

From what I've seen, it looks like an LOD thing.

As in, it can take longer than it would in older versions for car textures to load into maximum quality, so you might get some fuzziness for a few seconds when, say, first loading into a game.

It's absolutely not a problem as far as I'm concerned, because it always eventually loads the textures at full quality and everything looks as 2019 did.

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

So, to elaborate a little, we haven't sacrificed graphics quality because of Split-screen. We haven't sacrificed anything on the graphics front at all, and should perform to at least the same standard. Examples here when the game has been released @SAL_LippiArsenal would be useful.

Split-screen runs at 30FPS to accommodate for 2 players, but that is the only area of the game to do so. All other areas of the game are unaffected.

Of course, I will do it as soon as the game is officially released. 

Without commenting for sure before I get my copy, it did seem from the previews that there was a slight decrease. I know it's very minor but the detail on the trees on tracks like Austria seemed to give it away for me. Seems like the LOD makes it look like the same asset repeated over and over.

19 hours ago, BarryBL said:

The Deluxe Edition is finally available on Xbox and I immediately notice that it's lacking A LOT of the On-Screen Display screen settings compared to 2019/2018.

Please, please and please, tell us this is an issue and will be fixed!

Players who use cockpit camera like me usually disable everything in order to improve immersion. I'm so frustrated right now. Can't believe we are now forced to see screen info everywhere!

20200707_030155.jpg

The Schumi Helmets looks so poor on xbox:(

very pixelated

Wait for the official release and then see what its like is what I would say. Would be unusual for it to take a step back they usually manage to squeeze stuff onto thr consoles although I imagine xbox one original struggles afair whack now.

If theres a reason I would say adding 2 more cars in my team may effect things.

3 hours ago, viniciusrsouza said:

The Deluxe Edition is finally available on Xbox and I immediately notice that it's lacking A LOT of the On-Screen Display screen settings compared to 2019/2018.

Please, please and please, tell us this is an issue and will be fixed! 

Players who use cockpit camera like me usually disable everything in order to improve immersion. I'm so frustrated right now. Can't believe we are now forced to see screen info everywhere!

20200707_030155.jpg

Can you show a comparison @viniciusrsouza. Also, remember you have the OSD Customisation where you can disable everything on console if needed.

44 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Wait for the official release and then see what its like is what I would say. Would be unusual for it to take a step back they usually manage to squeeze stuff onto thr consoles although I imagine xbox one original struggles afair whack now.

If theres a reason I would say adding 2 more cars in my team may effect things.

Today ist official release

Ah right i had it down as the 10th which I now see is the normal version.

I really hope those graphical issues to be eliminated before 10th July... 😞

I'm experiencing a lot of graphical issues like I was playing on my grandpa's computer... Content that doesn't appear properly (like my badge on my team), extremely poor and pixelated graphics on cars, suddenly the narrator starts speaking German, the mirrors are super Nintendo like graphics, drivers don't appear on starting line cinematic...

Also, there's a new version for Xbox? Mine still in 1.01 I think...

(Xbox one S)

1 minute ago, SgtRoberti said:

I really hope those graphical issues to be eliminated before 10th July... 😞

I'm experiencing a lot of graphical issues like I was playing on my grandpa's computer... Content that doesn't appear properly (like my badge on my team), extremely poor and pixelated graphics on cars, suddenly the narrator starts speaking German, the mirrors are super Nintendo like graphics, drivers don't appear on starting line cinematic...

Also, there's a new version for Xbox? Mine still in 1.01 I think...

(Xbox one S)

@BarryBL could you explain these issues? Thanks a lot!

Just now, SgtRoberti said:

@BarryBL could you explain these issues? Thanks a lot!

If you have issues with graphics, log a complete bug report please