Think I’m gonna wait for a patch to start my team.

Because obviously Ferrari doesn’t have the best engine anymore....

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, faldon3005 said:

Because obviously Ferrari doesn’t have the best engine anymore....

Codies will mess around with performances during the season but yes its clear that whatever changes were forced by the fia investigation have put them well on the backfoot.

That probably won't change, Ferrari is very restrict on licensing contracts and it's heavily rumored that their demands includes not being portrayed worse than competitors.

It would be nice if only the engine were too slow. The car has no grip and oversteers extremely. On a single lap they are just somewhere in the middlefield...

Posted (edited)

Is too early to tell.

If you look at the official speed trap, Giovinazzi is 4th and Kimi 6th and both are top speed in sector 1, that's the long straight before turn 3, and both are using Ferrari engines 

tzels596qu851.png

So the Ferrari debacle might not be the engine but the car being draggy as hell

Edited by Erudain

Impressed by RP & Mclaren today after qualifying.   Surprised how far Ferarri appears to have fallen as well.

I wish Codies had the ability to provide updates more frequently than they do for team/car performance & driver ratings.    Hopefully down the road we can even get the ability to edit ratings ourselves through the career modes.  Curious to see how the game has them progress through the My Team mode from a ratings standpoint.  Hopefully they're not always static.

It also to me ties back to the greatest flaw with Career mode too, & that's the performance caps.  Example, Williams will always be worst on the grid when all teams are maxed out.  That kills the mode IMO, especially if you want to drive for one to rebuild them to the best team on the grid.

Ill probably do what I've always done though, start one career (or my team this year) mode right away to feel it out, then after the performance update hits I usually start a second one that becomes my primary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Impressed by RP & Mclaren today after qualifying.   Surprised how far Ferarri appears to have fallen as well.

I wish Codies had the ability to provide updates more frequently than they do for team/car performance & driver ratings.    Hopefully down the road we can even get the ability to edit ratings ourselves through the career modes.  Curious to see how the game has them progress through the My Team mode from a ratings standpoint.  Hopefully they're not always static.

It also to me ties back to the greatest flaw with Career mode too, & that's the performance caps.  Example, Williams will always be worst on the grid when all teams are maxed out.  That kills the mode IMO, especially if you want to drive for one to rebuild them to the best team on the grid.

Ill probably do what I've always done though, start one career (or my team this year) mode right away to feel it out, then after the performance update hits I usually start a second one that becomes my primary.

Yeah, just yesterday this discussion came up in a topic here. I can’t make up my mind. In a way I understand Codemasters decision if you look at the cars in the Career – and now My Team – as singular cars, and not a continuous reiteration of models from a given constructor. This way there will be different caps to their hypothetical full performance state as there are different potentials to each model. There is only so much you can do to circumvent design flaws on the chassis or PU.

This doesn't feel satisfying or even fitting though, as we are in for the long haul. Multiple seasons. And cars get retired and replaced over the years with new models, with new wholly different design approaches.

Maybe this could be resolved if by the end of a season you were prompted to take a gamble on a handful of developing pathways to each department – or to choose to simply keep on the present design for a given one. They could have a potential adjustment baked in like -5% to +7% with varying result probabilities depending on how much you invested in that department along the game.

This could shake things up over the seasons as you could pull a Haas and bulldoze your performance with poor choices or McLaren your way around your car limitations with a pondered/lucky streak of good decisions.

Imo, if they do a last minute patch before release they should make Williams about level with Alfa and drop Ferrari down to midfield behind McLaren and Racing Point at least till Ferrari can prove that they have the car to be in the top 3 again. Judging by how the Ferrari seems tho, they may struggle massively during the race compared to the other teams causing tires to go off really easy ect and driver error.

38 minutes ago, THEGHOST345111 said:

Imo, if they do a last minute patch before release they should make Williams about level with Alfa and drop Ferrari down to midfield behind McLaren and Racing Point at least till Ferrari can prove that they have the car to be in the top 3 again. Judging by how the Ferrari seems tho, they may struggle massively during the race compared to the other teams causing tires to go off really easy ect and driver error.

I agree that the teams' performance need to be adjusted and this should not come as a surprise to anyone, but that Ferrari downgrade to behind McLaren and RP is a tad too soon. From what I could gather from the media coverage, Ferrari is in such a mess right now that nobody can say whether it is a flaw with their aero, PU, or just a bolt that needs to be screwed tighter. They may come in hot(ter) in Hungary or even in the double leg.

Bumping RP up though seems a safe bet. They look more promising than Renault even. 

Goddammit I don't know what I am the most hyped about, this game or this season! 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Erudain said:

Is too early to tell.

If you look at the official speed trap, Giovinazzi is 4th and Kimi 6th and both are top speed in sector 1, that's the long straight before turn 3, and both are using Ferrari engines 

tzels596qu851.png

So the Ferrari debacle might not be the engine but the car being draggy as hell

The Engine seems like to play a big part in it. Top Speed can be enhanced by putting less Wing on the car, or having a less draggier car in general. When you look at the Difference in Laptimes to 2019,

you will see that everyone got faster....except for Red Bull, who´s time was almost identical to last year and the 3 Ferrari-Engine Teams which got slower by quite a margin.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCOyNxqo295/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 hours ago, esdee85 said:

The Engine seems like to play a big part in it. Top Speed can be enhanced by putting less Wing on the car, or having a less draggier car in general. When you look at the Difference in Laptimes to 2019,

you will see that everyone got faster....except for Red Bull, who´s time was almost identical to last year and the 3 Ferrari-Engine Teams which got slower by quite a margin.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCOyNxqo295/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

It might be or it might just be an awful aero setup, that's why it's still too early to tell....if in 3-4 races they are still a mess, sure, go for that nerf on the engine, but 3 practices and 1 qualy hardy makes for a big enough sample or data to be making adjustments, more so if you count that in winter testing the didn't seem to be any issue.

4 hours ago, marioho said:

I agree that the teams' performance need to be adjusted and this should not come as a surprise to anyone, but that Ferrari downgrade to behind McLaren and RP is a tad too soon. From what I could gather from the media coverage, Ferrari is in such a mess right now that nobody can say whether it is a flaw with their aero, PU, or just a bolt that needs to be screwed tighter. They may come in hot(ter) in Hungary or even in the double leg.

Bumping RP up though seems a safe bet. They look more promising than Renault even. 

Goddammit I don't know what I am the most hyped about, this game or this season! 

Ferrari have said that they are completely on the wrong path they wanted to be on they were given false data from their wind tunnel ect. But yeah really hype for this season, only Mercedes have kept that gap. 

Austria Qualifying

Group A
Mercedes                      4-5 tenths faster then Red Bull 

Group B
Red Bull
McLaren 
Racing Point
Ferrari                           1.2-1.3 second ish difference from Red Bull to Haas
Renault 
Alphatauri
Haas

Group C
Williams                         4-5 tenths slower then Haas
Alfa Romeo  

• Like 1

You're wanting to adjust performance based on two days at one track? 🤣

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

You're wanting to adjust performance based on two days at one track? 🤣

it was already obvious at testing that ferrari will not have the best engine 😄

• Agree 1

Quite interesting to see how poor the world Ferrari is on the straights. That investigation clearly hit them hard on the performance front. Honda does need a buff though.