F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

F1 2020 - Tracklimits

You know what? I think that this "strict regulation" about track limits in F1 2020 is not the same for everyone. I've done some time trial in Melbourne and then I did a comparison with these videos

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0J4ZWFmJ-c
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I_8XBVLCbM

Let's see the line taken in Turn 1, 4, 6 (entry and exit) and 10 (exit), but also in Turn 11 and 12 when you have to change direction: if I do the exact same line, I guarantee that I get an invalidation. Why in these videos James and TRL (just to mention two well know Youtubers) can do that line without having their laptimes invalidated? If I do that on my legit copy of F1 2020, every time I put only half a wheel (or even less) outside a kerb the game spoils my attempt. Not only in Australia, but in most of the track I've tried (Austria, Great Britain, Canada, Brazil ecc...). There's something strange (and unfair) about it, for sure.

Had my first race in Australia. Wonderful atmosphere, great fighting AI and lots of fun. Good job so far.. but if it comes to the penalties, it's a joke -.- I was 9th in the race, had NO information about a penalty in round 9 before and the endresult was I was 16th and I didn't get a warning, information or whatever before the end of the race! THIS is not funny, this is ****! Penalties are good, no question, but the player must be informed right at this moment, the stewards ;) punish him! Otherwise you can't make the replay and don't make the mistake.

The track limits are awesome. If you concentrate a little bit you can get it.  The track limits are great, because you now drive lines similar to real ones and drive fast, not consist of curves.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:45 PM, GiulioS93 said:

You know what? I think that this "strict regulation" about track limits in F1 2020 is not the same for everyone. I've done some time trial in Melbourne and then I did a comparison with these videos

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0J4ZWFmJ-c
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I_8XBVLCbM

Let's see the line taken in Turn 1, 4, 6 (entry and exit) and 10 (exit), but also in Turn 11 and 12 when you have to change direction: if I do the exact same line, I guarantee that I get an invalidation. Why in these videos James and TRL (just to mention two well know Youtubers) can do that line without having their laptimes invalidated? If I do that on my legit copy of F1 2020, every time I put only half a wheel (or even less) outside a kerb the game spoils my attempt. Not only in Australia, but in most of the track I've tried (Austria, Great Britain, Canada, Brazil ecc...). There's something strange (and unfair) about it, for sure.

Only saw video 1 but that was clean. The inside tyres stayed on track and at times very close to going off but appears on the line. If you get an invalidation while being on track, no point moaning about in a non-evidenced post. Report a bug report with your video evidencing as such and it will be looked at. 

I'm really sorry but I cannot believe what you say without that proof. I have had no issues with the strict limits and only when I am 4 wheels off track do I get a warning/penalty/invalidation. You need to check the replay as from your normal driving view, you cannot see the outside of the tyres and therefore cannot confirm if you are on track.

1 minute ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Is the option only available for races? I haven't found it in TT at all.

TT is as strict as it gets. You can't choose in TT.