Sign in to follow this  

Astro C40 and F1 games?

I'm thinking on buying a new controller. I was looking to buy the Astro C40 but I wanted to know if someone has any experience racing F1 games with it? I used to have a Nacon revolution 2 that didn't play nice with F1 games. The Nacon Unlimited Pro however did a good job after some adjustments but the Dpad is not working properly anymore. I noticed the Astro C40 is modular so in an event of a Dpad not working I just replace them. 

I probably will be playing F1 2020 for the coming months so I wanted to know if someone has any experience with this controller and the previous F1 games. Does it steer like the DS4 of will I need to do a lot of adjusting to make it feel right with racing games like F1 2020.

Yes I considered a wheel but I need a new controller.

18 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

I'm thinking on buying a new controller. I was looking to buy the Astro C40 but I wanted to know if someone has any experience racing F1 games with it? I used to have a Nacon revolution 2 that didn't play nice with F1 games. The Nacon Unlimited Pro however did a good job after some adjustments but the Dpad is not working properly anymore. I noticed the Astro C40 is modular so in an event of a Dpad not working I just replace them. 

I probably will be playing F1 2020 for the coming months so I wanted to know if someone has any experience with this controller and the previous F1 games. Does it steer like the DS4 of will I need to do a lot of adjusting to make it feel right with racing games like F1 2020.

Yes I considered a wheel but I need a new controller.

£189 for a controller. Sheesh. 

Let me reframe that....£189 for a....pad.

2 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

£189 for a controller. Sheesh. 

Let me reframe that....£189 for a....pad.

Or €1700 for a wheel sheesh 🙄

43 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Or €1700 for a wheel sheesh 🙄

Well, it's true I wouldn't buy the Podium wheelbase. I have a humble CSL Elite to run the F1 rim on. It's a nice bit of kit. 

I think it's a value proposition seeing as I've owned both Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels. You can get cheaper and you can get arguably better.

I have a terrible wired MadCatz X360 controller, it's probably worth the £5 I paid for it. But I struggle to see how the official XB and PS controllers are north of £50. That kind of reframes the £189, but I have seen people pay more than that for a keyboard. 

A controller is a toy. A game is a game. But the wheels are simulation quality hardware and I get that much more from a wheel and pedals that I could possibly for a controller.

It's true Esports and not just racing games are becoming serious business. But I feel almost £200 for a single controller is not value, it's my opinion. You are welcome to yours.

Thanks for your input but I'm looking for a controller. I can't play other games with a wheel, I'm not planning on investing in sim racing so buying a wheel for me would benefit me less than buying a new controller. I don't care for the pricing or if it's a toy. I just want to know if this specific controller works fine for the F1 game.

2 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Thanks for your input but I'm looking for a controller. I can't play other games with a wheel, I'm not planning on investing in sim racing so buying a wheel for me would benefit me less than buying a new controller. I don't care for the pricing or if it's a toy. I just want to know if this specific controller works fine for the F1 game.

I think you will be in a category of one. I should hope it plays every game perfectly for that price.

Nacon revolution 2 did worked perfectly here, astro c40 tr works perfect too. 1 of the best controllers I ever used. 

• Thanks 1