Diabolical lobby access

Just venting as I'm pretty fed up but I've spent almost an hour this evening attempting to get into an unranked lobby. Every one I've gone into either the race/quali has started or it tells me it's full. I've never experienced it this bad before though I've found this year's to be pretty rubbish to get into.

Got 2020 on order just hope to god the online access is better than this.

Off to play FIFA!! 🤬

• Agree 1

I really hate the lobby system since 2014. It just returns results of races that are in progress. 
I want to race! Not spectate! 
f1 2010-13 had a great lobby system 

Yeah, the game population probably dipped in F1 2019, people are eagerly waiting for the new title. You'll probably get more lobbies to connect to with the new game.

35 minutes ago, Des0xyN said:

Yeah, the game population probably dipped in F1 2019, people are eagerly waiting for the new title. You'll probably get more lobbies to connect to with the new game.

That's really not the problem. There's plenty of lobbies in F1 2019 still, but it's just so hard to either find or get into them. There's too big of a delay in the display of race progress. I refresh the list and within seconds open a lobby that says "in lobby", only to find out the race has already progressed 3 laps. Some glitched out lobbies can stay in the list for hours on end and so on.

• Agree 3

33 minutes ago, janbonator said:

That's really not the problem. There's plenty of lobbies in F1 2019 still, but it's just so hard to either find or get into them. There's too big of a delay in the display of race progress. I refresh the list and within seconds open a lobby that says "in lobby", only to find out the race has already progressed 3 laps. Some glitched out lobbies can stay in the list for hours on end and so on.

Yep, absolutely. It's so frustrating, I've not come across another game that is so difficult to join an online match.

• Agree 1

I used to race exclusively online up until F1 2015. Now it’s just a ball ache to get into a decent lobby, and an even bigger one to find a decent grid of drivers. It just put me off and now I race offline. 
Most search results are “in progress”. I don’t want to spectate for 20 minutes before I can race. 
it’s almost impossible to find anything other than a 5 lap race, too. 
I want strategy and dynamic weather in a 50% race! 
bring back the old lobby system from 2010-14