Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport Review

Still seems to be one track missing unless my maths is wrong (22 announced).  May as well tell us what it is Loore.

*IGNORE*  There are 22 :).  Shame about Donington's omission.  I'd have gladly traded a street 'track' for that.....  like maybe Paris which we already paid for once with Grid 2.

Nice work Rastus!  Thanks for the link.  Good review and clips.  Washington looks great fun (and the AI seems much improved for those offline days.)  Touring class and mini coopers will be awesome, though i'm still not convinced by the open-wheeler in your clip, but 'wheel' see. :D

Talking with Miatakias he was like an excited kid waiting for Christmas, so much so that even I felt his nervousness and anticipation waiting whilst those parcels trekked across Europe.  I'm glad Loore appreciated your generousity and community spirit.

Glad you both have your systems in place up and running ready for us all to enjoy GAS next month!  :ar!  [Can't see the clapping emoticon, so you can have a Cptn Jack instead!]

I would love to have an early version! Why do they have an early version and some others don't?
You did read the whole post by Rastus that explain how he came about getting his hands on a press preview?

Thanks for the review Rastus. It nice to hear how a real player of racing games and who has many hours on GRID 1, feels about GRID Autosport. :)

Looks great, definitely will preorder soon but is the AI good?

I saw another video where the AI seemed to constantly ram the back of the player's car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIVTzkOfDmk

This video also shows how the career starts and also difficulty options. Grid Autosports seemed like the sequel to Grid that I am waiting for.

Strange, are there Car Upgrades for single players too? It doesnt make sense to have upgrades for cars like SLS GT3 as they are performance regulated cars

thanx for the review...this sounds and looks really amazing. got my preorder today :-)

This was the press preview and was made so the game could be tested out and played by a lucky few at a meet and greet, come play games event at CM HQ. 

It's also been playable at various selected PR public and press review events where members of the public got to have a go as well.

Many others (Purple44 and FlashStealth spring to mind here) asked specifically for a demo but this was as close at we got, All the vids you'll now see are from this.

Got a couple of new drift vids myself as it happens, and at a more viewable perspective., set like this in windowed mode i was pushing the 100-110fps ranges so set fraps to 60 fps and I had a go another go at a live in race recording ;)

http://youtu.be/I4M0PYsZpBw

And another replay from another race, same lap but 3 different views :D

http://youtu.be/nuWe8y2luWQ

Been trying to max out Tuner class (for drift mainly) but, there are also time attack events in this class, I need to record or 2 of these as well soon.l

I would love to have an early version! Why do they have an early version and some others don't?
can you not read? OP clearly says why he got a copy early

Wow big applause to u guys (Rastus and Loore) and yeah ty for posting me the link Rastus on steam.

The story from Miatakias i knew ofc that u guys (Rastus and Captain Jack) helped him allot, but that u got a copy from Loore ^:)^  not..

Great reviuew and vids and gesture from Loore (CM).

ps great drifting ^:)^

The only thing that worries me is with the endurance races that they don't let you finish the lap you are on when the time finishes, otherwise looks great and can't wait to preorder on steam.

Gooner ... i think we'll see us in GAS :P

I think i will go start practicing Bathurst then :)

Thats great news doode, lets hope we can re-create those grid1 days...well, evenings....well, no, late late nights sometime soon eh.

And do feel free to join us on TS should you feel the need.

But that invite to flowa does this means what I think it means?
And you gonna pre-order or is state of mind the same as the last time we spoke about it.  :)
Yes, indeed it does mean what you thinkin.
I did change my signature elsewhere indicating the fact...or was that a dream lol!

I was gonna order last night, but its not available on steam from what i could see...but i gotta be honest, i didnt look too hard [was feeling kinda ill ya know]

I am still totally in the dark [as are we all i guess] on how the MP side works tho....which is what these games are all about for me.
SP is a non-event, unless its linked to online unlockiness and so forth.

But Loore has said this is not the case with GAS, the only SP ill be doing is TT.
Or if the TT dosent exist, then some career, but only to setup the wheel.

Nice to see plenty of positivity about the game although I really wish they could just release this demo to the public, or at least any demo. I really don't feel comfortable buying a game without trying it, so I guess I'll be waiting for a friend to buy it or for it to get cheap sadly.

Sound is great, handling looks ok, etc. However, I'm afraid this game will again fall short on tracks, like It has been happening to every single CM tittle developed under EGO engine.

Also, the many different disciplines could make each of them feel lackluster once more. Precisely, the lack of tracks has always had a lot to do regarding this issue.

Do we have an offical track list available yet, specially for each discipline?

hola said:
Sound is great, handling looks ok, etc. However, I'm afraid this game will again fall short on tracks, like It has been happening to every single CM tittle developed under EGO engine.

Also, the many different disciplines could make each of them feel lackluster once more. Precisely, the lack of tracks has always had a lot to do regarding this issue.

You've got the biggest track list in a GRID game to date, more circuits than Race Driver: GRID and GRID 2 combined. With 22 locations in the game you won't be getting bored any time soon.

Out of interest, how many tracks would you be wanting in a game?

Each track is used across various disciplines, just like in the real world.

I think the number of tracks is great.  But at the same time, its a shame CM chose to recycle some very recent ones like Paris, instead of adding some we haven't seen for a long time.....Donington for instance.

I think the number of tracks is great.  But at the same time, its a shame CM chose to recycle some very recent ones like Paris, instead of adding some we haven't seen for a long time.....Donington for instance.
True, I would want to see Donington in Autosports. That track means a lot to me.

Loore said:
hola said:

You've got the biggest track list in a GRID game to date, more circuits than Race Driver and GRID 2 combined. With 22 locations in the game you won't be getting bored any time soon.

More than Race Driver and GRID 2 combined? I assume you mean Race Driver GRID, not the ToCA Race Drivers, as the last one of them boasted something like 70 tracks on the back of the box... (okay so many were variations)...

Loore said:
hola said:

You've got the biggest track list in a GRID game to date, more circuits than Race Driver and GRID 2 combined. With 22 locations in the game you won't be getting bored any time soon.

More than Race Driver and GRID 2 combined? I assume you mean Race Driver GRID, not the ToCA Race Drivers, as the last one of them boasted something like 70 tracks on the back of the box... (okay so many were variations)...
Yup, that'll be GRID :)

the acceleration of the touring car off the line at the start in the first video is extremely unrealistic. it's like an F1 car!

Guess no one wants drifting modes to be realistic, but it's getting closer. I wish there was only 3-4 turns rather than a full lap. I'm glad that they do have specific lines laid out. I'm disappointed in the lack of emphasis on tandem drifting. Your crew chief says ok switch it up your chasing. You then jump out in front and can still score points. I'd rather see the lead run be scored by line, angle, and fluidity. The chase scored by proximity, angle, and fluidity. Even if it was still full lap courses. Maybe their AI wasn't good enough or maybe they didn't want to make that leap. Question for you though. Is constant counter steer required for drifting? I went back to GRID after doing drifting irl and Forza 4 and was disappointed to see you could do most drifts with the wheels pointed straight ahead. It was the game that got me into drifting and at the time was amazing. Just hoping they've tweaked how the cars behave in a little more realistic way.

Looks great, definitely will preorder soon but is the AI good?

I saw another video where the AI seemed to constantly ram the back of the player's car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIVTzkOfDmk

This video also shows how the career starts and also difficulty options. Grid Autosports seemed like the sequel to Grid that I am waiting for.

Strange, are there Car Upgrades for single players too? It doesnt make sense to have upgrades for cars like SLS GT3 as they are performance regulated cars
yeah seems llike the ideal racer for me sa well makes me glad I've already put my preorder in just need the game now :D

Goonertez said:
Yes, indeed it does mean what you thinkin.
I did change my signature elsewhere indicating the fact...or was that a dream lol!

I was gonna order last night, but its not available on steam from what i could see...but i gotta be honest, i didnt look too hard [was feeling kinda ill ya know]

I am still totally in the dark [as are we all i guess] on how the MP side works tho....which is what these games are all about for me.
SP is a non-event, unless its linked to online unlockiness and so forth.

But Loore has said this is not the case with GAS, the only SP ill be doing is TT.
Or if the TT dosent exist, then some career, but only to setup the wheel.
Becaue we are in the dark about the MP I wasn't expecting you changed youre mind already.   :)
So I believe it is only me then left undecided.