Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport Review

I actually like they have gone more realistic with the sense of speed. That might mean handling getting little bit more serious than in the first Grid, and It actually feels that way while watching those last HQ videos

hola said:
I actually like they have gone more realistic with the sense of speed. That might mean handling getting little bit more serious than in the first Grid, and It actually feels that way while watching those last HQ videos
yeah it does  I've got to say looks like they've done a fantastic job with Yas Marina again looks awesome at night when watching F1 an it looks like they've recaptured that again for the Endurance love racing that track whoever put the Abu Dhabi track together deserves a pat on the back it looks awesome. I just hope my driving skills measure up would have had my team mate on the attack a bit moer in that vid but only because I'd have wanted a 1-2 :p

hola said:
yeah it does  I've got to say looks like they've done a fantastic job with Yas Marina again looks awesome at night when watching F1 an it looks like they've recaptured that again for the Endurance love racing that track whoever put the Abu Dhabi track together deserves a pat on the back it looks awesome. I just hope my driving skills measure up would have had my team mate on the attack a bit moer in that vid but only because I'd have wanted a 1-2 :p
Bit of further info on Yas here http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/05/the-vfx-of-yas-marina/

i want to upload some of the best gameplay videos i found on utube...
Game seems really good , and although i like normal cars more ( street , touring etc) the open wheels look amazing in this game ... Add some more open wheel Loore plz ! 
Plus there is a track called 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b9Pv2RcrPY

Look how better looks to race in Barcelona with good handling-physics ... Also i noticed that the kerbs now are not red - white but 3 colors red white yellow... i like this catalunyan colors..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pI189TQotg

In this video is shown a track i have not ever ehard called GRID Autosport Raceway that must be no reeal track , but watcyhing a lap you can understand that is better that any real track ahahha ok exepting SPA and some more ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs4U1NuHym4
Touring cars in Malaisya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHxuubH1p2k
Dubai city track 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iTbdUg5To8

Game looks very close to Grid 1 and even better as it has better graphics more tracks- cars , upgrades etc...
Only we want is text chat and spectate mode and all cars all tracks possibility...
What about this Loore??Is it possible all cars all tracksin GAS?? Tell me yes cause if it like that the game will last so long even without any DLC....

We're talking Open Wheel next week, I think it's a discipline that'll take a lot of people by surprise. I'm a Touring fan at heart but even I find myself wanting to jump into the open wheelers. Open Wheel on Mont Tremblant is superb fun :)

Yeah Loore i am suprised about how good they  seem to be...Also the GRID Autosport raceway is amazing track...
I love also that MONSTER sponsor is in GAS .( you know how much i like custom car's skins..) i will upload mine ionce i have created many of them as i did with Grid 2)
Many clasic cars and all cars all trackjs it would be great too..

Monster are more than a sponsor, they are a team. They'll be ones to join if you like Tuner and Street racing :) Autosport Speedway is great, we'll be bringing you a behind the scenes look at that shortly.

Yes i will join in Momster team for sure so.... Ok Loore i wait to watch this...Thanks i am excited about GAS...

Loore said:
We're talking Open Wheel next week, I think it's a discipline that'll take a lot of people by surprise. I'm a Touring fan at heart but even I find myself wanting to jump into the open wheelers. Open Wheel on Mont Tremblant is superb fun :)
yeah open wheel is probably  my main discipline  with touring and Endurance my secondary ones although having said that I'm thinking as a starter I'll probably open my account with the touring cars but I got to say I'm really looking forward to this

Yeah Miatakias the more i watch them open wheeler vids the more excited i get,its getting to the point that i feel im looking forward more to the open wheeler than touring and thats just wrong!!!
[-X

mcnab said:
Yeah Miatakias the more i watch them open wheeler vids the more excited i get,its getting to the point that i feel im looking forward more to the open wheeler than touring and thats just wrong!!!
[-X
yeah man me too i was more in touring and street cars but after watching videos i am a lot into this discipline...
i would like to see som e demolition derby footage too..;D

Touring cars in Malaisya

P.S i wont be adding that Andrew Stevens to my friends list anytime soon... hes a ramming S**T lmao
=))

Yeah, I watched about two of his videos before his driving made me stop watching. I was tempted to tell him he 'wasn't going to get far' online driving like that but ... hmmgh.

There's a line to draw between being aggressive, and deliberately ramming.

@Loore Do the street circuits appear much in the Touring, Open Wheel and Endurance sections much? Or do those circuits just appear in the Street category?

@Loore Do the street circuits appear much in the Touring, Open Wheel and Endurance sections much? Or do those circuits just appear in the Street category?
Street tracks do move across discipline, you can race it with Open Wheel for example. Generally Touring and Endurance are more circuit based though, as you can imagine.

mcnab said:

Touring cars in Malaisya

P.S i wont be adding that Andrew Stevens to my friends list anytime soon... hes a ramming S**T lmao
=))
I agree he is somewhat aggressive isn't he.  I was watching a vid of NFS Shift 1 of somebody driving like that last night as well they won the race but were a little overaggressive while doing it and it almost cost them. Personally although I'm quite a slow driver which is why I play on the lower level I am quite precise in that I generally can follow the racing line without spinning out too often Although I do recognise that when racing those cars you are going to need to need to do a bit of bumping and grinding to get through the races as the pro's do touch a few times in a race too so an elbows out approach I think will sometimes be needed but he did take it a touch too far I think.

Loore said:
Street tracks do move across discipline, you can race it with Open Wheel for example. Generally Touring and Endurance are more circuit based though, as you can imagine.

I'm sure that'll spice the action up a bit then again I'm sure. :D As long as thje street tracks don't become to intrusive then I think that's OK as I think the disciplines should stick to what is largely their type of venue. I think we'd only really want them appearing every now and then

Thanks for the previews - nice to see more gameplay.

Couple of comments I have:
     - contact sounds can really get annoying (to me). I think it was from one of the touring cars video but you could hear contact sounds (like a big Boom or pawf or whatever) from everywhere....front....back.....Boom, boom, boom. Seemed a bit too much for me. Maybe just to hear your own contacts would be enough, or maybe much toned down levels.
     - damage looks very forgiving to me, especially the open wheelers. If I compare it to Grid 1 (not saying that Grid 1 is a bentchmark for that tho), it seems that you can crash (or get heavy contacts) many times with no particular damage. If you combine that with 5 flashbacks, I'm not sure this is calling for considerate racing.....

muckymu said:
Thanks for the previews - nice to see more gameplay.

Couple of comments I have:
     - contact sounds can really get annoying (to me). I think it was from one of the touring cars video but you could hear contact sounds (like a big Boom or pawf or whatever) from everywhere....front....back.....Boom, boom, boom. Seemed a bit too much for me. Maybe just to hear your own contacts would be enough, or maybe much toned down levels.
     - damage looks very forgiving to me, especially the open wheelers. If I compare it to Grid 1 (not saying that Grid 1 is a bentchmark for that tho), it seems that you can crash (or get heavy contacts) many times with no particular damage. If you combine that with 5 flashbacks, I'm not sure this is calling for considerate racing.....
I think in the vid you were talking about I think it was set to visual only if that's the case then it was turned down to minmum levels so I wouldn't panic just yet

Loore said:

cool Loore i love to race with open wheels in city tracks!! one mistake and you are wrecked .. b-(

Panic?
I'll turn that down to minimum levels too :)

If it's only visuals then it's a bit worrying still, cause I remember quick flying parts and broken windshields from the original Grid.
Made the openwheeler races (F3000?) a nightmare for whoever wasn't careful......and whoever got in the mess.
Being careful is all part of the race.

Goonertez said:
Yes, indeed it does mean what you thinkin.
I did change my signature elsewhere indicating the fact...or was that a dream lol!

I was gonna order last night, but its not available on steam from what i could see...but i gotta be honest, i didnt look too hard [was feeling kinda ill ya know]

I am still totally in the dark [as are we all i guess] on how the MP side works tho....which is what these games are all about for me.
SP is a non-event, unless its linked to online unlockiness and so forth.

But Loore has said this is not the case with GAS, the only SP ill be doing is TT.
Or if the TT dosent exist, then some career, but only to setup the wheel.
Becaue we are in the dark about the MP I wasn't expecting you changed youre mind already.   :)
So I believe it is only me then left undecided.
I'm not undecided, no text chat, no buy on release day, no demo, no pre-order. Those my rules I try and live by these days when it come to buying PC racing games. I will put money up for an alpha\beta that I get to test, if I feel the Devs are worth trusting, like Bugbear.

I do most my racing online, so multiplay a key part of a racing game for me.

Goonertez said:
Yeah nice read, will watch when at home kudos to Rastus and CM.

Assie...the hardest level will be online....and always will be 8D

Flowa...Cant wait to meet you on SPA!! 8D
Not everyone likes to play with a bunch of wreckers. Or has the time to put into the game to be good enough for (or even have the time to race in) a league. So offline is very important to some.

Goonertez said:
Yeah nice read, will watch when at home kudos to Rastus and CM.

Assie...the hardest level will be online....and always will be 8D

Flowa...Cant wait to meet you on SPA!! 8D
Not everyone likes to play with a bunch of wreckers. Or has the time to put into the game to be good enough for (or even have the time to race in) a league. So offline is very important to some.
Indeed offline is very important o me as that the focus of my efforts and will be on this game too.