Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport Review

If its was just possible to buy part with online without career...dreams...
Games with career was interesting 2005 and earlier, now its boring, can be used only for training or when i-net do not work.
Time going forward, we have a lot of changes to race, physics, graphics but career mode change nothing for all this time.
Coz you understand, against you just scripted pixels and nothing interesting with this. Scripted interior even more annoying.
For me career will be interesting when there will be some nice movie story or for game like GRID something with history moments, pics, rare videos, interesting facts about racing etc. etc.

Tbh its about all game genres for me, cant play to the end something, bored quickly. Maybe i am old ? :D

Don't know if you are old or not, gor, but I am.  I'm still playing SP exclusively and enjoying it.  And paying full price + offshore delivery costs for my GRID A disc.  So pretending like SP doesn't really matter is pretty uninformed.  I reckon there are quite a few of us, still.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player - GRID since 2008.

well, i got $300-350 per month so $25 is not cheap
What is SP?

RubyRuby said:
Don't know if you are old or not, gor, but I am.  I'm still playing SP exclusively and enjoying it.  And paying full price + offshore delivery costs for my GRID A disc.  So pretending like SP doesn't really matter is pretty uninformed.  I reckon there are quite a few of us, still.

Frank
there are as I'm in that club too I sometimes play games with others but mostly with family at Christmas we might play a few games of Fifa against each other or a quiz game like Who want's to be a Millionaire generally with computer games though I compete against the AI because my disability kind of prevents me from being able to compete competitively online as I play with only 1 hand on the controls. |That's why I play low level AI as it gives you a chance to adapt to the changing circumstances whenever things like that happen in games. That's why I argue to try to make suer that the slower difficulties aren't forgotten ahbout as I felt happened with F1 2013

For the roadster's lovers here gameplay video with HONDA S2000 in Redbull Ring...
I love this car   =P~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBSCzCeDs-U

@ sjsharp2010:

Kudos, man.  Using two hands I'm mediocre at best.  You must have some pretty nimble fingers.

Frank

RubyRuby said:
@ sjsharp2010:

Kudos, man.  Using two hands I'm mediocre at best.  You must have some pretty nimble fingers.

Frank
I try but generally I keep al the buttons configured to one area of the keyboard for example on F1 I use the arrow keys to drive the car keypads 0 and 1 for controlling Kers and DRS and the Pg up pg down Delete and end for the quick menu will probably use this configuration for Autosport as well. Doing this way does certainly make it a bit easier for me.

Rastus can you check this post drunkengrandpa and see if you can answer him as you have that wheel aswell..

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/642/voice-attack-with-autosport#latest
Just did that dude :D Got some new vids coming. added 1 already and another ones uploading now, it failed 1st time due to my net connection from the stone age, 

So I've been up all night making sure this one doesn't stall (that the youtube hamsters not died on his wee upload wheel, YAWWWNnnn, been busy doin overtime but managed to get a bit more time on the track to put em together.

http://youtu.be/nN_7nz1cwg8

RubyRuby said:

Frank
Exactly, I would be 99% sure there would be at least 3x or 4x the amount of players who only play offline only compared to those play online and I'm one of those. It is a personal choice, not because of skill or internet connection but those are deciding factors for many others. I play plenty of other games online and some competitively but I think the AI in racing games is getting to a point where you don't need to race online for a challenge and I'm sure it will only improve.

@sjsharp2010

I agree as well, all the focus is on trying to make the AI harder at the higher end (I admit to being in favour of that) and forgets about the other side. There must be a better way to balance it.

Well Ruby and Andi for me the SP is the most important to (hope its realy long and hard)  but i realy hope there something like the Global Challengers to bcz that i enyoy i to verry much, mp isnt that important to me just something to jump in or out, and at the evenings/night iam playing mostly other kind of games if i am online, shall not mention names (again) of the game(s) but 1 is only on xbox and ps3 and yeah there are alot of cars in it that u can steal B-)

and ps, nice vids Miatakias and Rastus, especially Rastus u put alot of work in it, think u drink alot strong black coffee? ~O)

Single player is quite lengthy, if you're doing everything in the game then it'll eat a lot of hours. You've also got custom cup where you can setup your own events. Worth noting that in single player you've also got the likes of the GRID Legends events, which take place across multiple disciplines. Global challenge has turned into RaceNet challenge this time around, will feature six events each week - one per discipline and one random extra. Will have global leaderboards in the game too, not just friends.

@Loore

I have a question about the custom events

How many races can we plan in the custom cup.
Will we be able to save the custom cup, exit the game and continue later >

Loore said:
Single player is quite lengthy, if you're doing everything in the game then it'll eat a lot of hours. You've also got custom cup where you can setup your own events. Worth noting that in single player you've also got the likes of the GRID Legends events, which take place across multiple disciplines. Global challenge has turned into RaceNet challenge this time around, will feature six events each week - one per discipline and one random extra. Will have global leaderboards in the game too, not just friends.

That sounds realy great, makes me hungry for 27-29 June
:-SS

Excited to see some old race friends back in grid :D Sounds promising from all the reviews I've read so I've gone and preordered my first ever game!

I did tweet codemasters regarding the text chat and was told it may not be in the game. Apparently, it was something that was discussed but not implemented. Can't begin to express how much of a massive omission this is for a 2014 PC title.

One of the fun things in grid was that you could chat mid race if you joined half way through a session. Not everybody wants to talk on VoIP and I can pretty much say I mute everyone other than friends. The only problem with this is that I made my racing friends through text chat on grid, so with it being missed off again, I can't see me making any more friends in GAS either!

C'mon Codie's, get text chat implemented, and please let us pick our cars if we join mid session.

superchmip

HoiHman said:
@Loore

I have a question about the custom events

How many races can we plan in the custom cup.
Will we be able to save the custom cup, exit the game and continue later >
3 races, each with practice and qualifying (if you want) if I remember rightly. Keep in mind that they could be 20 lap races if you wanted.

Will double check on the save and exit, will let you know once I've had my afternoon play, Sunday mind blank.

@Loore

Love the tyre wear feature, but is it restricted to endurance racing only? And if so, why have the tyre wear indicator in the HUD for all the other disciplines?

I'd like tyre wear to be in all disciplines, expecially open wheel.

@sjsharp2010‌ Have you ever considered to race with a joystick with programmable buttons?

To me SP is the most important part of this title. I don't venture online with most of my games, and certainly not with racing games due to past experience with wreckers and cheaters. SP is what gives a game it's "legs". When most are tired of the online and have moved on, the SP part lives on. Custom Cup sounds fantastic, sort of a mission editor, and sounds like it has heaps of options too. I think with ever improving ai in video games, to me it is a preference to play/race against them rather than other gamers.

Loore said:
Will have global leaderboards in the game too, not just friends.
But strangly enough only the friends leaderboards is what counts for me.  :)

Talking about leaderboards what is codemasters planned to do on obvious cheaters times?
You know like times of 00.00.12 for a lap?
Are they deleted?
Is it impossible this time to get those times on the leaderboard?

You'll still be able to track against friends.

I don't want to go into too much info about cheaters but it is something we'll be looking at, and monitoring. We'll be taking it seriously. 

@Loore

Love the tyre wear feature, but is it restricted to endurance racing only? And if so, why have the tyre wear indicator in the HUD for all the other disciplines?

I'd like tyre wear to be in all disciplines, expecially open wheel.
To confirm, it is an Endurance only feature.

Loore said:

I don't want to go into too much info about cheaters but it is something we'll be looking at, and monitoring. We'll be taking it seriously. 
I hope so.  :)
I dont think I have to explain to you how frustrating it is to see those impossible times.
I think you feel the same frustration as we all do, but you are the only one who can do something about it.   :D

Many thanks to Rastus and Loore, Loore for making the demo available to Rastus, and Rastus for all the *hard* work in making the vids !

I've seen his driving over on the dirt threads (maybe it was before the forum change) and I was massively impressed. No better guy to assess the handling of GA for us IMO.