Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport Review

Loore said:
You'll still be able to track against friends.

I don't want to go into too much info about cheaters but it is something we'll be looking at, and monitoring. We'll be taking it seriously. 
I don't even see why you need to monitor it... impossible times just shouldn't make it onto the leaderboards in the first place, they should be automatically rejected. Why aren't they?

Loore said:

I don't want to go into too much info about cheaters but it is something we'll be looking at, and monitoring. We'll be taking it seriously. 
I don't even see why you need to monitor it... impossible times just shouldn't make it onto the leaderboards in the first place, they should be automatically rejected. Why aren't they?
Cheaters always find a way, we do one thing, they'll then do another, is a never ending battle. You're right though, times like 00:02:00 shouldn't find their way onto a leaderboard.

P308R said:
@sjsharp2010‌ Have you ever considered to race with a joystick with programmable buttons?

yes and in the past I have and I bought one not that long ago but I think I've got to the point where I'm so  used to using the keyboard now that I'm better on that than on any other type of control.

Andi said:
RubyRuby said:
Don't know if you are old or not, gor, but I am.  I'm still playing SP exclusively and enjoying it.  And paying full price + offshore delivery costs for my GRID A disc.  So pretending like SP doesn't really matter is pretty uninformed.  I reckon there are quite a few of us, still.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player - GRID since 2008.
Exactly, I would be 99% sure there would be at least 3x or 4x the amount of players who only play offline only compared to those play online and I'm one of those. It is a personal choice, not because of skill or internet connection but those are deciding factors for many others. I play plenty of other games online and some competitively but I think the AI in racing games is getting to a point where you don't need to race online for a challenge and I'm sure it will only improve.

@sjsharp2010

I agree as well, all the focus is on trying to make the AI harder at the higher end (I admit to being in favour of that) and forgets about the other side. There must be a better way to balance it.

Yeah I'm just trying to make sure. that what happened with F1 2013 doesn't happen again because again that will hurt the games sales if the game doesn't perform as designed Not sure if you remember on the old forums when 2013 came out but I'm sure @Loore does :p as he was here then and all the arguments over the Amateur difficulty that brewed up afterwards as I know I and quite a few others were not too happy about that. I wouldn't want that too happen to Autosport as it looks like CM are trying to clean up the mess they crated which they deserve credit for I just hope it pays off. I'm all for people wanting a hardcoer challenge if they're up for it but I can't play at that leve4l and if I don't feel I can't compete at the games easiest levels I won't buy them because there wouldn't be any point to it. I remember Anthony Davidson's interviews when he was talking about F1 2010 where he was talking about the fact that some simulator games were actually much harder than driving the actual car. He was happy with the fact that 2010 simulated whsat it was lik to edrive one of those machines withoutmaking it too hard for the player and that was one thing he liked about the game and that's one thing I liked about that too and i9n 11 and 12 they stuck with that but with 2013 I feel something got lost along the way I'm not exactly suer what but in my opinion it left it in a bit of a mess and needs straightening out.

Loore said:
Single player is quite lengthy, if you're doing everything in the game then it'll eat a lot of hours. You've also got custom cup where you can setup your own events. Worth noting that in single player you've also got the likes of the GRID Legends events, which take place across multiple disciplines. Global challenge has turned into RaceNet challenge this time around, will feature six events each week - one per discipline and one random extra. Will have global leaderboards in the game too, not just friends.
That's good to know :D it certainly looks from the outside watching the vids that it has a very much Shift style structure to the career mode where you work your way up through tiers in each discipline. I know Shift takes me a while to negotiate whereas Grid 2 I can negotiate pretty quick so career mode is certainly looking better and better all the time at the moment

VERY cool story, and just another example of how Codemasters looks after the community. I've seen similar things take place in the past and CM has jumped in on multiple occasions. Game sounds great, just waiting for some benchmarks for lower-spec'd systems.

dirt3joe said:
Many thanks to Rastus and Loore, Loore for making the demo available to Rastus, and Rastus for all the *hard* work in making the vids !

I've seen his driving over on the dirt threads (maybe it was before the forum change) and I was massively impressed. No better guy to assess the handling of GA for us IMO.
Thanks for that Joe :)

Loore said:
Loore said:

Cheaters always find a way, we do one thing, they'll then do another, is a never ending battle. You're right though, times like 00:02:00 shouldn't find their way onto a leaderboard.
yeah I think the only thing is monitor it and delete them when they pop up not easy but probably the only effective option

Lots of shiny new videos in this thread are making the game look better and better.  It should budge some fence sitters for sure - the more the merrier.  Nice work all.  ^:)^

DJ007 said:
Lots of shiny new videos in this thread are making the game look better and better.  It should budge some fence sitters for sure - the more the merrier.  Nice work all.  ^:)^

Indeed just so that everybody knows I have created a vid thread up for Autosport if anybody finds or wishes to put their vids in there you're welcome to do so as it'll help keep them in one place for reference

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/692/grid-autosport-videos-and-screen-shots-thread#latest

Loore, can you give out some footage of the game running on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3?

@Loore

We have seen a lot of cool preview video's of the PC version. My question is :

Is in this preview version the PC high res texture pack installed yes or no?.

@‌HoiHman
Not that I'm aware of, will get full clarification for you.

@Gui1‌
We've got nothing planned, will let you know. Worth noting that we did send preview code out on 360 and PS3 as well so could be some footage floating around, same with review code.

On the High Res texture pack subject

I have an old 8800GTS 512 + Dual Core e6750 (2'66Ghz), and I've thinking about the more than probable impact on my already jurassic system If the game isn't that well optimized for the old nvidia 8800 series eventually.

The question is. Is It mandatory to install the Hres texture pack then?

hola said:

I have an old 8800GTS 512 + Dual Core e6750 (2'66Ghz), and I've thinking about the more than probable impact on my already jurassic system If the game isn't that well optimized for the old nvidia 8800 series eventually.

It's an optional install :)

@Motorsport4ever

It's a fictional car.

Loore said:
hola said:

It's an optional install :)

@Motorsport4ever

It's a fictional car.
Will it be easy to remove, uninstall the texture pack ?

Loore said:
@‌HoiHman
Not that I'm aware of, will get full clarification for you.

Thx, could you also check if the texture pack has higher res interiours?

@Loggy

Right click the game in your library, select properties > DLC. You can enable / disable it from there.

@HoiHman

No, it's for car exteriors / liveries.

@Loore‌ Do the Brazilian Stock-cars come with the large racingnumber on the frontwindow?

Loore said:

@HoiHman

No, it's for car exteriors / liveries.

Any chance you guys might consider releasing a higher res cockpit for the PC? 
I can live with the fact that there are no working dials, but at least some higher resolution textures.

I don't think hi-res textures alone would help with the cockpits. It looks like the polygon count is very low too, so they'd need to model them all properly first.

Gui1 said:
Loore, can you give out some footage of the game running on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3?
Here's some over-the-shoulder Xbox 360 footage from London Comic Con (supposedly--though I see a mouse on the table, which suggests PC, but @Loore can probably confirm the setup):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDeUWqvaRiM