Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2020 - Time trial Leaderboard not updating & keep reseting itself

Every time I want to play time trial on the brand new F1 game that i received yesterday, the leaderboard keep loading and after some time don't show the laps (before & after i've done a few laps), also sometimes i'm lucky and the leaderboards show itself, i do my time, change the track, and the same problem happen again, then when I want to return to the previous track the leaderboard is still not working and my time has vanished. It happen with every one of the 26 tracks (shorts ones included).

Platform: PS4

Version: 1.02

Game mode: Time trial

Lead up to issue: joining a track after the little F1 cutscene

Accesories: Thrustmaster T150 wheel

Down below, I´ve attached a clip where you can see me joining Spielberg and waiting for the leaderboard to update itself.

The game isn't live yet, that's probably why. Don't even know how you can play the game, I haven't been able to start it on Steam yet. Officially it's not live until the 10th, 7th for those who got the full package.

22 hours ago, Lakrits said:

The game isn't live yet, that's probably why. Don't even know how you can play the game, I haven't been able to start it on Steam yet. Officially it's not live until the 10th, 7th for those who got the full package.

That's what I thought at first but today the Schumacher edition is out and I still got that problem. (btw the place I pre-ordered the game received it 4 days ago that's why I can already play it)

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2020 at 1:29 AM, Bluezh said:

Every time I want to play time trial on the brand new F1 game that i received yesterday, the leaderboard keep loading and after some time don't show the laps (before & after i've done a few laps), also sometimes i'm lucky and the leaderboards show itself, i do my time, change the track, and the same problem happen again, then when I want to return to the previous track the leaderboard is still not working and my time has vanished. It happen with every one of the 26 tracks (shorts ones included).

Platform: PS4

Version: 1.02

Game mode: Time trial

Lead up to issue: joining a track after the little F1 cutscene

Accesories: Thrustmaster T150 wheel

Down below, I´ve attached a clip where you can see me joining Spielberg and waiting for the leaderboard to update itself.

Having the same bug. Same Plattform, same game mode. Patch 1.03.

Nevertheless, you are in the wrong forum, you need to go to the F1 2020 forum, this is 19

Edited by N1r03

On PC, whenever I get the leaderboard pop up in Time Trial, the whole game crashes.
AMD Ryzen 2600, 16GB RAM, Nvidia RTX2070. Windows 10. 64bit. 4k resolution.

image.thumb.png.f8980b80b5c29468ae2af3d3c48baac1.png

I'm also having issues with the game crashing in Time Trials on PC. The first lap time uploaded to the leader board doesn't affect the game but any times posted after that will cause the game to crash. Only once has it not caused the game to crash, but for a moment the game ran really poorly and dropped a second's worth of frames over about 5 seconds.

Posted (edited)

I'm having the exact same issue. Boot game, hop into Time Trial. Do a few laps, set a new best time, game crashes. Not always though, last time I jumped in I set three consecutive PBs (still learning the track) and it crashed on the third one.

The other day it was crashing at random points around the track, not just when I set a new PB. Thinking back maybe I just didn't notice it at the time, because I was able to lap for about an hour with no issues later on, but at that time I couldn't beat my PB.

Ryzen 7 2700
Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7
16GB Trident Z RGB 3200
AMD Radeon VII
Win 10 2004 (fresh install last week)

- No OC on GPU, CPU, or memory - totally stock
- Afterburner not installed
- Disabled steam overlay
- Disabled XBox Game Bar
- Disabled AMD Adrenaline Overlay
- Crashes in DX11 and DX12 (though DX11 is a CTD, DX12 is a total system failure. Need to reset PSU to get it to restart. PC will occasionally fail to POST on restart.)

Edited by kordm