Sign in to follow this  

Driver Position Table - 3 Letters Please!!

Now that videos are pouring online for F1 2020, it's disappointing to see the full driver names still in the positional table. Please tell me that Day 1 patch will add an update to allow only the 3 letters to show for drivers (their abbreviation)?! This way the table can be narrowed to make the HUD look a lot cleaner and this is as it is IRL so I don't know why you have to show the full name.

If it's because with F2 drivers mixed in abbreviations could mean any driver then I raise you with, we know what drivers are in our race/season and in what cars so who cares. make them 3 characters for the love of god please! Merci beaucoup!

• Agree 5

My guess is that they had multiplayer / esports in mind with the names. If that's the case I think it's a very good idea, although even better would be to have it customizable.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This so much. The position table during a race is too big and too much empty space its distracting.

We already type our 3 letter abbreviation when setting up a new driver, so it can easily be implemented offline/online

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, janbonator said:

My guess is that they had multiplayer / esports in mind with the names. If that's the case I think it's a very good idea, although even better would be to have it customizable.

Yep true didn't think of that but then as Tom has stated, 1) why not have it optional or 2) for single player have the 3 character abbreviation and for MP/leagues have the full name - even then I don't see why it NEEDS to be full name for MP/leagues; only for spectators I would suggest. In the MP/league lobby you can have the players name and in brackets show their 3 letter abbreviation so you know who is who before the race.

Yeah, it should be possible to give your online driver a 3 character abbreviation. There would be almost 20.000 different possibilities if we only use A-Z. So it would be a good solution to identify drivers even in random online lobbies.