Jump to content Jump to content

Dirt Rally: New FFB is not shit

Montago

dgeesi0 said:
the new ffb is fine. you do have to fiddle with it though to get a setting that suits you.

the old way was wrong. many adjusted to it so now its right it feels wrong :D

I've been tweaking (like most other people) for 2-3 weeks (since 0.45) and it still feel weird...  i wonder why - maybe it's not better ... DAH !
Montago said:
dgeesi0 said:
the new ffb is fine. you do have to fiddle with it though to get a setting that suits you.

the old way was wrong. many adjusted to it so now its right it feels wrong :D

I've been tweaking (like most other people) for 2-3 weeks (since 0.45) and it still feel weird...  i wonder why - maybe it's not better ... DAH !
Look, you've been posting your concerns over several forums but you'll also have to look at the fact that it does work very well for most people. It's you that's on the low end, so don't get things twisted.
I love the new FFB on everything but tarmac. At times in straight sections of tarmac there is NO feedback at all...the wheel feels lifeless. It seems to ramp up in torque too quickly in turns on Tarmac. And on crusty icy surfaces, there should be more rumble/vibration not to mention a bit more traction information coming through the wheel. I sincerely hope that CM doesn't feel the FFB is "done"

This is on a T300RS
Yep no complaints here. I would like to get the wheel feeling a bit heavier when the road dips and a bit more under breaking. So not sure if I  can dial that in at all? 

But bearing in mind I only have a cheap logitech formula wheel I can't complain.

Ace work CM thumbs up :)
Look, you've been posting your concerns over several forums but you'll also have to look at the fact that it does work very well for most people. It's you that's on the low end, so don't get things twisted.
some people don't read all forums - so in the case that people who only read here, but have issues should stumble across my thread, they could see that they are not lonely with the issue - and then maybe express their frustrations too. 

Ill keep beating my drum as long as the FFB is complete shit. 

and yeah it might seem like im the only one complaining, mainly because im so loud about it - but i count at least 10 others with G27, T500RS and other expensive wheels who are very unsatisfied with the current FFB - so its not only a problem for people with old shitty wheels like me. 
Honestly, from the symptoms, it sounds like your FFB forces are reversed. Not sure if there is a setting for this, but I had this issue with my Fanatec in rFactor, and it just makes it so you feel like you are fighting against your wheel at all times.
enamel said:
Honestly, from the symptoms, it sounds like your FFB forces are reversed. Not sure if there is a setting for this, but I had this issue with my Fanatec in rFactor, and it just makes it so you feel like you are fighting against your wheel at all times.
Simnbin GTR actually had that issue - it also had an option in game to reverse the effects... 

in D.R. its not all effects that feel reverse though
  • 1 month later...
just like to reiterate my dislike for the FFB
Fanatec CLubsport wheel - v1

feels wrong - driving straight wheel gets pulled all over the place .
out of corners - no spring

went back to RBR to have a feel to see if i was imagining it - i wasn't. Feels natural on it - and this game is 10 years old!
just like to update you that i figured out the issue with DR and the Fanatec Clubsport Wheel
The DRI (Drift setting) was too high on the wheel)
doesn't appear to work the same as in other games - usually when you hit a slide the wheel will loosen up to indicate you are in a drift, but in Dirt Rally. Any setting at all above OFF seems to just loosen the wheel up making everything messed up in terms of the other feedback settings.

The best result, and closest feeling i could get to RBR, was torq feeback to 100% - wheel and type resistance to 0% - suspension 50%  - Drift setting on the wheel either to Off or +1
Spring and Damper on the wheel to 0.

Now there still feels like there is no centre spring effect coming into play however, im still having to return the wheel to the centre coming out of corners etc. 

e.g.stop the car.  turn the wheel to the right 90 degrees - drive a bit.
the wheel should start to return to centre. but it just stays at 90 degrees until you hit something or go up the sidewall.

try it in your real car and you will see :)

Hello,  I have a fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 V2 wheel and I have this same problem, and it only seemed to pop up after I installed the new RX update. The car feels terrible and sways back and forth on tarmac, which is very annoying and almost impossible for me to drive in any vehicle.  Please codies look into this problem.
  • 2 months later...
the FFB is insane... 

I purchased GRID Autosport the other day.. gave 4€ for it .. so why not !?..

the FFB in GRID Autosport is terrible, the same as in Dirt Rally on tarmac... i can't believe they copy pasted that asinine FFB model directly into Dirt Rally :(
The FFB is a really important part of this game.

So far, i have played it on 2 wheels, both needed tuning in to take the game from being truly frustrating and annoying, to borderline sensational!! 

Spend some time, dial it in (plenty of suggested setups all over the internet) and tweak it to suit you.  

Once you are able to catch a 6th gear, 100+ mph snap-oversteer in an Impreza WRC successfully, & power-slide it through the next two corners, then you'll realise the FFB is not broken! 
Montago said:
the FFB is insane... 

I purchased GRID Autosport the other day.. gave 4€ for it .. so why not !?..

the FFB in GRID Autosport is terrible, the same as in Dirt Rally on tarmac... i can't believe they copy pasted that asinine FFB model directly into Dirt Rally :(
Did you seriously just bump this pathetic old thread? Ohhhhh myyyy godddd just shuttttt uppppp. If I had hair you would make me tear it out.
Configuring properly your wheel is not a walk on the park.

it rquires many time and tests. Unless you got a proper FFB setup (ingame and profiler) you will feel shit, here, on Assetto, pCARS, Autosport... or whatever.

So go ahead, this is not plug n play sorry. Do your homework, get a decent setup and then we can talk about how good or bad is the FFB.

Archived