Jump to content
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Forum Update | Thoughts & Suggestions

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

Hope you all like the new update. The aim is to give things more defined areas and places for common topics. However, I'm a man of the people (if not a lot a lot else) so if you could let me know your thoughts on the changes, and any suggestions on what I can add for it to be better, it would be appreciated.

Anything that gets enough support, is in reason, and is something that I/we can create from a technical standpoint, we'll have a go at implementing. At the end of the day, the forums are yours and I just help by looking after them. We might have a look at your idea and might not be possible for a wide range of reasons, but I'm down to try to add something that would improve things for everyone

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad we are adopting a TA strategy akin to the Beta. Unfortunately, it would seem that we are about to get a beta game as full release (this is my opinion but I still don't have access to the  release build yet).

I'll gladly continue to post issues and to try to assist others where I feel I have some insight. 

This is on a "what goes around, comes around" basis, I know there are some excellent people here and I hope they will try to assist me in the same spirit that I try to assist them.

Let's hope the patch cycle is at least up to date with issues resolved in beta. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to make a suggestions regarding bug reporting.

In order to have a better and more universal bug report, a selection from of certain areas in a form of a drop-down options regarding of what you are having issues with or where you spotted something, would help to autogenerate a ticket, that can be easily categorized and prioritized by the staff.

Such drop down options with selections could include but not limited to:

Area of the game (single player, multi, lobby, etc), Type of the bug (visual, network, etc), Platform, Opertaing System, Game version, etc.
Then user MUST fill out fields like Description of the issue, Steps to reproduce (how many times), Report code.
Optional would be Screenshots, video (limited size)

These are just ideas, the selections obviously can vary. An internal ticket would be created (and visible for the tech support team only) with the submitter's name, date, status, labels, etc.

I don't know if I made it clear, but those who are familiar with technical support ticketing systems, they know what I'm trying to suggest here 😄

  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

I would like to make a suggestions regarding bug reporting.

In order to have a better and more universal bug report, a selection from of certain areas in a form of a drop-down options regarding of what you are having issues with or where you spotted something, would help to autogenerate a ticket, that can be easily categorized and prioritized by the staff.

Such drop down options with selections could include but not limited to:

Area of the game (single player, multi, lobby, etc), Type of the bug (visual, network, etc), Platform, Opertaing System, Game version, etc.
Then user MUST fill out fields like Description of the issue, Steps to reproduce (how many times), Report code.
Optional would be Screenshots, video (limited size)

These are just ideas, the selections obviously can vary. An internal ticket would be created (and visible for the tech support team only) with the submitter's name, date, status, labels, etc.

I don't know if I made it clear, but those who are familiar with technical support ticketing systems, they know what I'm trying to suggest here 😄

Was hoping someone would add this.

One of our plans for sure. We're working with the forum developers to try and find a solution along those lines. I wouldn't want to go down the internal-only route, as we'd be concerned over mass duplication of the same issues and it would make something like an inbox for that unmanageable. 

But, agreed. Something that we've already had discussions about internally.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Was hoping someone would add this.

One of our plans for sure. We're working with the forum developers to try and find a solution along those lines. I wouldn't want to go down the internal-only route, as we'd be concerned over mass duplication of the same issues and it would make something like an inbox for that unmanageable. 

But, agreed. Something that we've already had discussions about internally.

This has always been one of my biggest gripes with the beta process, so happy that something like this is being looked into. 👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, please be more transparent about the current state of the game. If we know what you are working on (within reason of course) we can just help better.
What do you prioritize? Where do you need the most help? What is not on your list? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be great to have a little changelog section too. On the PS4 it just says to go to the CodeMasters website for the changelog, however it's be great to have either the changelogs posted here or the links to them posted here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KingdomsOfRust said:

Would be great to have a little changelog section too. On the PS4 it just says to go to the CodeMasters website for the changelog, however it's be great to have either the changelogs posted here or the links to them posted here.

Barry has been doing the deep dive as part of the patch notes.

This was definitely a step in the right direction.

I think what we’d all like to see is an end to the ambiguity of;

’Various stability and bug fixes’

kind of entries. Try us 😃

Those who read patch notes will be able to make inferences and test and also look for regression. 

It may also help in understanding related issues.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under the Technical assistance, it should be probably easier to create the appropriate subforum for each platform, such as PC, Xbox and PS4. Currently it seems a bit chaotic.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ragequit1 said:

Under the Technical assistance, it should be probably easier to create the appropriate subforum for each platform, such as PC, Xbox and PS4. Currently it seems a bit chaotic.

Yeah @BarryBL adjusted the bug report notice to ask people to include platform. 

It might empty the PC side of XBL/PSN type queries (and console peasants.."Incoming!") but holistically I think we can manage the trade off of hopefully less reports especially gameplay bugs as they should be truly replicated across platforms and the system / connectivity might be better split, TBH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are the release notes nowadays? 1.04 out... ingame links to a site which contains release notes of F1 2018 still...

Nothing found hear on the forum. So basically stuck with driving a full race to find out if I get dsq again for the tyre compound bug or not. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.google.se/amp/s/updatecrazy.com/f1-2020-update-1-04-patch-notes-for-ps4-pc-xbox-one/amp/ 

2 minutes ago, Ascendent said:

Where are the release notes nowadays? 1.04 out... ingame links to a site which contains release notes of F1 2018 still...

Nothing found hear on the forum. So basically stuck with driving a full race to find out if I get dsq again for the tyre compound bug or not. Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is exciting and a brilliant way to give everyone the opportunity to help with idea's. 

After all we all want to be happy 😊  

 Are there any plans to include any more classic cars .

If that feasible Barry .

Maybe you could say right here's a list of 5 classic cars 🚗 

And the one that has most votes wins.

Or perhaps a new classic car comes out every month 🤔 

Personally I would not mind if you have to buy it.

abit like when people buy livery skins .🙄 

Everyone's a winner 🏆

But I do understand if that's not possible. 

 

Or simply a paid DLC for a classic car team to be the driver owner.

Probably getting a bit ahead of myself now.

Edited by senna94f1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

This is exciting and a brilliant way to give everyone the opportunity to help with idea's. 

After all we all want to be happy 😊  

 Are there any plans to include any more classic cars .

If that feasible Barry .

Maybe you could say right here's a list of 5 classic cars 🚗 

And the one that has most votes wins.

Or perhaps a new classic car comes out every month 🤔 

Personally I would not mind if you have to buy it.

abit like when people buy livery skins .🙄 

Everyone's a winner 🏆

But I do understand if that's not possible. 

Or simply a paid DLC for a classic car team to be the driver owner.

Probably getting a bit ahead of myself now.

One day, hopefully soon, Codemasters will realise that character customisation is one thing but they would be prepared to pay for worthwhile content.

Who here would be prepared to crowdfund a Mugello DLC patch that could be added to the game when ready (even if it was in 2021)?

People will pay for classics tracks, they will pay for additional classic cars (not saying remove classics from the game but offer stuff on an add in basis)?

Pyjama race suits and cartoon helmets don't do it for me.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think both @senna94f1 and @steviejay69 make good points here, and, from a fans perspective that just wants to drive cars in midfields (which is ultimately what I am) some more late ninety's stuff, in any form, would be cool for me. (I'm 30, so grew up watching races from 1994 onwards - I wanted to be the 1996 Williams for a while until I was told that's not possible)

The Mugello thing will, unfortunately right now, be impossible. It takes over a year, in normal situations, to create a circuit in the series. However, with current restrictions due to COVID etc, I can imagine, if we started right now for example (which we wont), it would take even longer. From an official 2020 standpoint, Mugello won't be happening. And as ever, I can't comment on anything further than 2020.

But ideas and Community feedback on cool things to add to 2021 for example can be suggested. Lot of stakeholders as you can imagine

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you mean the legendary Williams 1994 F1 car Barry.

Since latest update had 6 blue screens while just looking at Schumacher cars in the showroom. 

 

I will post that in bug section along with standard ps4 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

do you mean the legendary Williams 1994 F1 car Barry.

Since latest update had 6 blue screens while just looking at Schumacher cars in the showroom. 

 

I will post that in bug section along with standard ps4 

Nope, 96. Looked cool. 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi @BarryBL 2 questions, do you think to do crossplay? And is it planned for the crossgen?

Edited by framboisier95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 4:56 PM, ragequit1 said:

Under the Technical assistance, it should be probably easier to create the appropriate subforum for each platform, such as PC, Xbox and PS4. Currently it seems a bit chaotic.

This is a great Suggestion. At the Moment it is a little bit hard to difference between the Plattforms. Some Guys Crosspost between every posting that is near there Problem and no one can see for what Platform this is. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The ability to shift up to second while the clutch is engaged at the start of a race, that would be nice. For example, when you're sitting on the grid with the clutch in and waiting for the lights to go out, it would be nice to be able to put the car in 2nd gear to prevent wheel spin.

Edited by xJackCarlx
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×