Jump to content
F1 2020 |PATCH 1.13 NOW LIVE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

Recommended Posts

 

2 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

In the end it results in some kind of PR desaster, when you raise hopes naming a release date (1st half of October) but then you hit the 15th of the month without revealing any more information. Personally i would think that a lot of customers would prefer to have some depressing information ("sorry folks, patch had to be delayed past the upcoming weekend, we will update you again on monday about the situation, please bear with us") rather than having no information at all.

On the subject fixes versus performance patch i do not see why this has to be related. If you wanted to alter engine powers, you type the new values in and hit release, shouldnt interact with any bug related features, should it.


Exactly this!!!!!!!! @BarryBL the man says it. 
It is perfectly fine to not make it, it happens. but then you TELL US and not only after half the forum starts to riot because you're not living up to your promises. 

Codemasters needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize that the backlash from this is worse than backlash from sometimes coming back on your earlier statements. as long as there is proper communication going on. And the stakeholders are gonna be happier with it in the end. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said, the fact we haven’t received a patch is frustrating. It’s the complete lack of communication as to why or when we might get it is the really disappointing thing. Not good enough is it? 

Edited by CactusJax90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Codemasters needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize that the backlash from this is worse than backlash from sometimes coming back on your earlier statements. as long as there is proper communication going on. And the stakeholders are gonna be happier with it in the end. 

The fact is as long as people keep buying the game and ofcourse those **** bitcoins the stakeholders are going to happy.

They couldn’t care less about our opinions or the state their game is in.

If they would care, or had some respect for their customers, there at least would be some form of proper communication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

The fact is as long as people keep buying the game and ofcourse those **** bitcoins the stakeholders are going to happy.

They couldn’t care less about our opinions or the state their game is in.

If they would care, or had some respect for their customers, there at least would be some form of proper communication.

they must realize how much more bitcoins get sold if people actually keep playing the game tho. noone is that thick. 
I understand still too many people put up with this **** but this game could be 10x as popular if it actually functioned. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging from the twitter page they care more about Esports than anything else. Unfortunately I’m sure the majority of the player base don’t care one bit about that and would rather have a functioning game they can play themselves. 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

they must realize how much more bitcoins get sold if people actually keep playing the game tho. noone is that thick. 
I understand still too many people put up with this **** but this game could be 10x as popular if it actually functioned. 

I agree. Although I’m in favor of regular dlc packs (cars & tracks) instead of bitcoins, but that’s another topic. But I get what you’re saying, Codemasters is really soiling their own bed here.
But it seems that at this time the benefits of their current course still outweigh the costs of actually listening to their community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CactusJax90 said:

Judging from the twitter page they care more about Esports than anything else. Unfortunately I’m sure the majority of the player base don’t care one bit about that and would rather have a functioning game they can play themselves. 

And even there.. *cough* rpm glitch *cough's hysterically*

Edited by Bicarda
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HDR10 said:

@BarryBL - what happened to "first half of October?"

Hi @HDR10,

As previously mentioned, this update, alongside the next Patch, has been slightly delayed to accommodate for a few extra fixes that we have found important to add as soon as possible. Apologies for the delay, but it is coming very soon.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @HDR10,

As previously mentioned, this update, alongside the next Patch, has been slightly delayed to accommodate for a few extra fixes that we have found important to add as soon as possible. Apologies for the delay, but it is coming very soon.

No problem. Thanks for letting us know.

Hopefully the DLSS fix will be one of them. I liked the implementation overall, minus the ghosting issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @BarryBL. Thanks for letting us know. Is there any chance we will have the patch this week, or will it come the next week? I aim to start a new MyTeam and I would like to have realistic car performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing that it’s took all this for us to get some confirmation on the patch delay. Why this couldn’t have been communicated sooner I don’t know. But hey at least we’ve got Esports right lads. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was communicated in another thread earlier and I think it was linked in this one. It is still rather frustrating though that its been this long and we still don't have the patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All it said in that other thread was it’s coming soon. At the same time on Twitter they were still saying first half of October. This is the first time we’ve had actual confirmation that isn’t going to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, I agree but its quite difficult to get a message out to most of the player base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

yeah, I agree but its quite difficult to get a message out to most of the player base.

Not really, a short Twitter post would be more then enough. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @HDR10,

As previously mentioned, this update, alongside the next Patch, has been slightly delayed to accommodate for a few extra fixes that we have found important to add as soon as possible. Apologies for the delay, but it is coming very soon.

Still not acceptable because you're vague. What "additional fixes" are there? Be specific. You come off as condescending by being vague. If you were just honest and didn't ignore us when we ask legitimate questions, we wouldn't get so mad. I mean, you're a liar. Straight up. If I sold you a product and said to you, "You'll be getting a better version of this in the middle of October", and I didn't come thru, you would be upset. If you got a delivery date for your Amazon package, and it didn't come on that day, you'd be upset. Give us a date, so we can come on here and tell you that you lied to us again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are confident it will come in the first half of October, the other patches dropped on Monday and Tuesdays so it means the patch will be out next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The patch will include

F1 Performance balance

F2 2020

Online fixes. Start lights, lag outs, 37 second fast laps, safety car chaos etc

Graphics fixes

 

 

 

 

Maybe.

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

@BarryBL You could’ve posted this sooner.. for everyone to read! Or just put it up on twitter. This just isn’t fun anymore.  

Thank you! Absolutely agree! Bad Customer support and at this point I just laugh at what He says...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CactusJax90 said:

Amazing that it’s took all this for us to get some confirmation on the patch delay. Why this couldn’t have been communicated sooner I don’t know. But hey at least we’ve got Esports right lads. 

Nailed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember that in F1 2019, Codemasters posted a calendar of when the patches would be, including when it would be the month that they would launch F2 2019. And it was the right month, October.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×