F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

has been slightly delayed ... but it is coming very soon

Let me guess, does that mean you will release it within the 2nd half of October? I guess i could not be as vague even if i tried^^ In the end Ferrari will still be on the podium regularly and we will laugh so hard. From that point onwards, we will keep demanding adjustable values / sliders for (basic) engine performance. Thanks @BarryBL i know you tried your best!

Is there any news on the performance patch coming? Just asking as it was said its coming at the start of the month

they said 'first half of the month' (and that ship has sailed 😛

There is a small unspecified delay. But it will include more fixes than just team performance. 
personally, I hope for Monday.  

This got communicated in other threads. 

4 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

That's not what the article says.. 
It says it will come EARLY in the week starting the 19th. 

So not necessarily monday. i still hope tho. 

Hmm, ok. I took it the wrong way, as have many others on Twitter.

"The Power Unit stats and prices remain unchanged in My Team, so as not to unfairly change the balance of your experience!"

so in a new my team career, Ferrari, alfa and haas have still the best engines or does this sentence belong to running my team careers??

1 minute ago, DonBlanko said:

"The Power Unit stats and prices remain unchanged in My Team, so as not to unfairly change the balance of your experience!"

so in a new my team career, Ferrari, alfa and haas have still the best engines or does this sentence belong to running my team careers??

I have no idea, I've asked this myself in this thread:

5 minutes ago, s00zster said:

Hmm, ok. I took it the wrong way, as have many others on Twitter.

People can't read anymore. Cause everything is a video these days. 

But don't pin me on it maybe you guys are right and I'm wrong.. 

The way I read it is early next week. (Which might be monday but i guess they don't want to make promises and have us moan again)

1 minute ago, Bicarda said:

People can't read anymore. Cause everything is a video these days. 

But don't pin me on it maybe you guys are right and I'm wrong.. 

The way I read it is early next week. (Which might be monday but i guess they don't want to make promises and have us moan again)

Nah, in my excitement (I thought it was announcing the patch was out now) and my eyes jumped to "19th October".

• Like 1

So CM just posted this article: Performance Update Sneak Peak

Already quite a few negative reactions on Twitter and Facebook for this part: "The Power Unit stats and prices remain unchanged in My Team, so as not to unfairly change the balance of your experience!" I hope they just mean to existing saves and not a restarted experience because this would be the exact opposite of what people have been asking for (given that Ferrari are SO out of line from real life performance). Can we please get a definitive answer on whether this statement is for pre-existing saves and that new MyTeam starts do get the changes @BarryBL? I know you've been barraged lately on this issue but this does seem to be make or break given how long we've waited and the delay.

Thank you for the post regardless, this topic post has been asking for more communication in general.

My concern immediately was whether the AI in MyTeam would get the same nerf as everywhere else as it just points to "stats and prices", which I took that it's only indicating the performance for YOUR team in MyTeam. For instance, if you remain unchanged with a Ferrari engine, but the Ferrari AI gets nerfed, it's going to be so broken. I don't know if MyTeam AI uses the MyTeam Ferrari/Renault/Mercedes/Honda performance files or if they use the standard AI performance files.

I really hope I'm wrong and I've misread.

• Agree 1

It needs to be simplying apply to existing save or not in MyTeam. Pretty easy and everyone has been saying this for weeks. 

6 minutes ago, tarrantino said:

It needs to be simplying apply to existing save or not in MyTeam. Pretty easy and everyone has been saying this for weeks. 

I didn't take it as being about existing saves or not, I took it as even starting a new save, you could have unaffected Ferrari engine performance compared to Ferrari themselves who have been nerfed.

The way they word things really doesn't help.

Edited by s00zster

5 minutes ago, s00zster said:

I didn't take it as being about existing saves or not, I took it as even starting a new save, you could have unaffected Ferrari engine performance compared to Ferrari themselves who have been nerfed.

The way they word things really doesn't help.

Well their wording is as clear as mud so who knows. 

best would be if i could choose if i want to apply it to my current myteam career. 

9 minutes ago, iosis said:

best would be if i could choose if i want to apply it to my current myteam career. 

They pretty much let you do that with the driver stats changes so the scopes there.  I hope its just badly worded and current saves aren't effects (which is fine and inline with previous games) and new starts have the ferrari engine at their correct level.

It needs clarification but I'd take it as if it's just your team would be unaffected. Or at least I'd hope so.

I'm actually a little more concerned that they've left Williams alone as they really should be the same level as Haas and Alfa. I know Haas and Alfa are being nerfed but its already very rare to see Williams catch up even after several seasons. 

I hope they can address that all teams are getting too many resource points that are making regulation changes almost redundant. I'm only on season 4 but things are hardly different that season 1. Hoping for a little more variety after rule changes.

I wish honestly that they would give us the freedom to apply upgrades to each team if we wish at the start of career mode. At least that way we could sort of balance the teams as we would like. It would be unrealistic but I'd love to give Williams some upgrades to put them as fourth best team or something at the start of season 1 if I feel like mixing it up a bit. Can then choose whether those upgrades are affected by regulation changes. More freedom is always a good thing.

So typical how they would post stuff on Twitter and then not answer that valid question everybody asks. Suddenly no one's home anymore. 
Personally, I don't care at all about myteam or relative bot performance. But it is abysmal that it took so long and even more so if it won't even affect myteam. 

Which is how I read it. it won't affect my team at all. Not in your current save nor your next.

Let's hope at least they nailed the actual 'performance' fixes mainly in multiplayer.

Hi everyone,

Just getting concrete confirmation and more detail on the specifics here and the reasoning behind it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Are there any plans to do another change to the driver ratings? I feel that Nicholas Latifi is way underrated, if you play in Grand Prix or Championship mode (so just doing a default F1 race) 99% of the time he will always come in last place. I agree statistically he should be the worst driver on the grid but not my the margin that he is currently rated.

41 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Just getting concrete confirmation and more detail on the specifics here and the reasoning behind it. 

Thanks @BarryBL let's reserve judgement until after 1.12 🙂

quoting for the official performance sneak peek posting: "The Power Unit stats and prices remain unchanged in My Team, so as not to unfairly change the balance of your experience!"

Well, i sincerely hope this does not mean what it says. While certainly nobody cares about engine prices, we have all for weeks now hoped, awaited, demanded an engine performance fix. If now we do not get any balance change in the myteam mode (which seems to me is what people tend to play the most, or gets the most attention see youtube and whatnot), what would that fix be useful for at all? It will not apply in multiplayer since car performance will be equalized there. So the only part of the game remaining where the fix could be applied would be career mode? No thanks Codemasters, this is not what we wanted, and if this is what we will get until mid of next week, then you have not listened at all to your fanbase since release. Hell, no please no. If you have any concerns if applying engine performance and / or team perfomance changes to myteam mode was a good idea or not, then let us CHOOSE if we want to apply it, may it be a new playthrough or an existing save. We can set AI drivers performance as we wish to play the game to cakewalk or to insane, why in the world shall we not set car performance as well? Christ, you cant release the best F1 game of all times and then spoil it by not adapting engine performance in a way that is realistic for 2020. Comeon - it is Corona pandemic and many of us have to sit at home way more than we want to. Let us rock with our own F1 teams at least!

Edited by Schneehase

I've been waiting since early August to play the game again with a performance update, because Ferrari's performance is so immersion breaking (Leclerc won by almost 100 points in first season).

Please don't tell me the performance update won't apply to My Team mode. That would be an epic mistake.

• Like 1

I think, and I could be wrong It means that the stats won't change for us but will for the teams. So when choosing an engine Ferrari will still be the best but for the ai they will no longer be as quick.