F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

11 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

I think, and I could be wrong It means that the stats won't change for us but will for the teams. So when choosing an engine Ferrari will still be the best but for the ai they will no longer be as quick. 

But that's the issue I was raising - if Ferrari's AI is (correctly) slower, but Codies aren't adjusting the Ferrari power unit for the player, then players who have Ferrari as their power unit will be faster than every other Ferrari-powered team, and that is just plain dumb.

Think about it - you're this nothing startup team, you shouldn't be faster than Ferrari themselves. It should be a complete performance change for everyone in MyTeam - AI and player - or no change at all, but not half-done because it's going to spoil the game for anyone using Ferrari. I'm annoyed because I've started a save and was working up to having a Ferrari engine, and if this is true, I might as well give up playing it.

They say it's so the balance isn't spoilt for the player but the message is so vague I have no idea what any of it means anymore.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see. But a half baked approach does seem worse than nothing at all.

• Agree 1

Still haven’t started a My Team save  as I was waiting for the performance update. If as expected it won’t be applied to that mode then that’s a terrible decision. Just have to look at the reaction on Twitter. Unbelievable.

• Agree 1

I just hope that what they mean is that the Ferrari engine will be the best to choose at the beginning of the game, but that the promised performance will be updated in all modes, although I do imagine that it is only for people who restart their race mode, but come on, it's what most of us are waiting for, and I also hope that by lowering the performance of haas and alfa romeo, that when we just start our car is not better than that of those teams, since even if you choose the option of Honda engine and improvements in durability or engine, which is the worst performance, you are always better than Williams, and being better than 3 teams from the beginning would not be realistic, which for me is an aspect that could be improved for the my team mode of the year 2021 ...

Hopefully it is just a bad writing on the part of codemasters, and not what many people are commenting on, which I also suspect but I doubt they comment such an IMPORTANT error

Pd : Sorry for my english guys, im from argentina xd

• Agree 1

Just a thought, does anybody agree that CM need to have a look at the AI strategies? Just watched Tiametmarduks Singapore race and he won after dropped to P22 and 25 seconds behind the leaders, in season 4 when most cars have nearly maxed chassis and tyre wear, because the AI did a two stop, from soft, to medium, to hard. I think it ruins the career mode experience in later season unless you race at 25% or 100%, 50% races give too many BS strategies. It’s really frustrating to race against. 

4 hours ago, Cathal P said:

Just a thought, does anybody agree that CM need to have a look at the AI strategies? Just watched Tiametmarduks Singapore race and he won after dropped to P22 and 25 seconds behind the leaders, in season 4 when most cars have nearly maxed chassis and tyre wear, because the AI did a two stop, from soft, to medium, to hard. I think it ruins the career mode experience in later season unless you race at 25% or 100%, 50% races give too many BS strategies. It’s really frustrating to race against. 

I have already mentioned this is some other threads. It’s crazy about those strategies.

17 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Just getting concrete confirmation and more detail on the specifics here and the reasoning behind it. 

Are you kidding that the performance patch isn’t going to be applied to my team? I’m never buying an f1 game again. Playing f1 2017 is more realistic at this point. What a yoke 

5 hours ago, Krisperfectline said:

I have already mentioned this is some other threads. It’s crazy about those strategies.

Yeah, season 1 and even two are okay, but once there is ultimate tyre upgrades. Almost every race should be a one stop, maybe season towards the end of season 3 and start of 4, otherwise it just ruins the experience in those later seasons.

12 hours ago, StinG19 said:

I just hope that what they mean is that the Ferrari engine will be the best to choose at the beginning of the game, but that the promised performance will be updated in all modes, although I do imagine that it is only for people who restart their race mode, but come on, it's what most of us are waiting for, and I also hope that by lowering the performance of haas and alfa romeo, that when we just start our car is not better than that of those teams, since even if you choose the option of Honda engine and improvements in durability or engine, which is the worst performance, you are always better than Williams, and being better than 3 teams from the beginning would not be realistic, which for me is an aspect that could be improved for the my team mode of the year 2021 ...

Hopefully it is just a bad writing on the part of codemasters, and not what many people are commenting on, which I also suspect but I doubt they comment such an IMPORTANT error

Pd : Sorry for my english guys, im from argentina xd

Not exactly mate.. remember when Haas entered in F1 they had been the 4th strongest Team of the field in their debut season.. so you can t compare and saying that.. the update on Engines specially in Ferrari s okay I agree.. only

1 hour ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Not exactly mate.. remember when Haas entered in F1 they had been the 4th strongest Team of the field in their debut season.. so you can t compare and saying that.. the update on Engines specially in Ferrari s okay I agree.. only

Exactly, what they should do is implementing a system where player could choose where they wanna be in the grid when starting a new team, doesn't matter if it's just a simple slider or an extensive system. If they want they could keep it locked until you finished your first season as a reward of completion (then you can use this feature on the next save or something).

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, DRTApophis said:

Exactamente, lo que deberían hacer es implementar un sistema en el que los jugadores puedan elegir dónde quieren estar en la cuadrícula al comenzar un nuevo equipo, no importa si se trata de un simple control deslizante o un sistema extenso. Si quieren, pueden mantenerlo bloqueado hasta que termines tu primera temporada como recompensa por completar (entonces puedes usar esta función en el próximo guardado o algo así).

That would be a good option, I always what I do is make everything more difficult and do a few free practice sessions to progress little by little and make it more realistic, because I don't see much of the grace in the first season to become a car that fight for podiums and even victories and then in the second it is very easy to become the best car on the grid, which you calmly achieve in the first races of this season and drivers as de vries already manage to be better than hamilton are your deserve ...

Likewise, the capable mode should let everyone put their car in the place they want from the beginning and from there improve one to their liking

Although the main reason for my publication was because of the fear that I have that the update does not apply anything in my computer mode as many people are saying both here and on twitter which would be a great disappointment, and I have not seen any concrete response from No one to deny it, so it will be wait until the day of the patch the result of this

5 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Exactly, what they should do is implementing a system where player could choose where they wanna be in the grid when starting a new team, doesn't matter if it's just a simple slider or an extensive system. If they want they could keep it locked until you finished your first season as a reward of completion (then you can use this feature on the next save or something).

But there is a System isn't it? I mean the questions in the beginning of a new season seem to be sth like that. If i am right, the answer you choose, has effects on how good your car is devoloped at the Start of the season.

41 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

But there is a System isn't it? I mean the questions in the beginning of a new season seem to be sth like that. If i am right, the answer you choose, has effects on how good your car is devoloped at the Start of the season.

It is, but the 3 questions that actually affect your car performance doesn't buff/nerf your R&D progression very far off from around Alfa & Haas.

If you want to get the worst outcome you skipped the first 2 questions and pick reliability on the final one. With this you will only get 2 reliability upgrades (ICE & Turbo), and put you either right below or about the same as Haas depends on your PU choice.

If you give answers that're all beneficial, at most it pushes you right above Alfa.

My opinion is, the game would earn quite significant re-play values if you're given more freedom at the beginning of the season, be it having more room of adjustment to your starting progression, or being able to adjust other teams' performances. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Like 1

Yes, the tactic of skipping the first two questions and choosing durability then is very good, although in my little correction, when you choose durability in the last question then it gives you 3 best of this, both the gearbox and the left and right of it, for which I particularly prefer to choose the best engine that gives you only 2 improvements and then the first resource points that I get I spend on durability to equalize this, so at the beginning it becomes more real and difficult the Anyway, what's more, the good thing about the last one responding in durability is that it is the cheapest department, so it is the best option to make it more difficult, and then continue to improve the durability of the car, since the chassis and the aerodynamics if you put some improvements and the performance of the car rises a lot suddenly, so at the beginning it is advisable to increase the durability or save the points in any case ...

This is a recommendation in case you want to make the game as difficult and real as possible, another thing I also like is to sign nick de vries at the beginning to spend the most, and thus he manages to run in his grand prix at home in the Netherlands and the Prestige goes up a little more, then I buy Atkien because the grand opening prize of the transfer market is in gbr so it also manages to increase its prestige, and I do this mainly because if kimi, grossjean or even vettel retire in the first season , the ia can sign nick or jack, for that reason what I also plan to do is at the end of the season sign albon so that the ia have available two f2 pilots with a higher level than normal and more prestige, and the The reason for the signing of Albon is for the pass market to move more and more capable Redbull hires a somewhat better pilot so it gives Mercedes more fight and I would say that even Ferrari, although if they update the yields, this would not be so necessary

On 10/17/2020 at 4:01 PM, peanutt2000 said:

I do 100% races and there’s times when the AI do 3 stops.

+1. True story

• Agree 1

I’m done waiting. This is my only week free from work... 🤣

I have a simple question: Now since CM confirmed the performance of Ferrari, Alfa, Haas and Racing Point will be adjusted, does this also apply for on-going leagues? How was this handled in the past?

Yep, downloading now. 1.4GB for me on Steam. Hoping Barry does one of his "Deep Dive" articles again for this update.

Edited by s00zster

1 minute ago, RP20 said:

Patch 1.12 now

Hi. Is the patch live? I can't check right now. 

Just now, Arado said:

Hi. Is the patch live? I can't check right now. 

It's live on Steam, no idea abotu PS4 or Xbox.

Ferrari is still the best engine in MyTeam...

No update etheir for the F2 2020

Edited by kleed