F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

3 minutes ago, kleed said:

Ferrari is still the best engine in MyTeam...

No update etheir for the F2 2020

Yeah, they've said they're not adjusting the Power Unit stats or prices in MyTeam. The thing is whether the Ferrari-powered AI in MyTeam have been changed. If they have, then the Power Units need to be adjusted down for balance's sake.

heres the bars at the start of a driver career

I would have put mclaren and renault closer to RP maybe moved RP down abit and put ferrari close to them but behind all three.

20201019112253_1.jpg

Edited by TheCroc84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

So according to Aarava, the Ferrari AI in MyTeam *is* affected, but player's Ferrari engines won't be. If this is true, then it's really, really stupid. Having a Ferrari engine faster than Ferrari themselves is just plain unrealistic.

• Agree 3

So if you’re not a Ferrari powered car and move to them do we get the reduced engine?

This is stupid if your team powered by Ferrari hasn’t been affected. 

• Agree 3

Started a 25% GP mode race at Baku without qualifying. Vettel on pole position!!! Did you forget to change the ferrari engine performance when simulating a session or when the player skips a session? He finished 7th in the race......

Edited by aartstyle
  • Agree 1

A look at the department performance at the start of a new driver career.

For me the Ferrari engine still seems too powerful which is probably the main reason why they remain above Mclaren and Renault in the overall performance.

20201019114841_1.thumb.jpg.710962ddf89adf5565018ba1620302ab.jpg20201019114855_1.thumb.jpg.8e5bee6bd7022f5ea1710df2fc9a5319.jpg20201019114859_1.thumb.jpg.42750a17f7118058d9da4866c2015655.jpg20201019114901_1.thumb.jpg.8b2474472b6a2765d6bd9f77ebf11620.jpg

For my team, the argument that the Ferrari engine needs to remain so powered for 'balance' makes no sense since it surely now makes the game unbalanced whenever a player picks the ferrari engine.

It is important to remember that we'll have to test in-race first before we can really see how much performance has changed.

If the performance in-race matches this then I have to admit that this patch is a little disappointing. If we had gotten a similar patch a month or so ago as a temporary fix while data was gathered for a more accurate patch this would be ok for me but for this to be the patch we get after all this time makes it pretty disappointing, especially since no changes have been made to my team.

While I know many others will be disappointed may I remind everyone not to attack or insult the devs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, dansmotorsport said:

i have just had a look guys and Ferrari haas Alfa and racing point are all affected in current and new my team saves

I think @s00zster is right though. If you have a Ferrari engine right now, you're not affected but Ferrari, Hass and Alfa are. If you have Honda for example it won't matter. 

Edited by tarrantino

About the MyTeam, its really bad that the own player does not get the deacrease in the performance by having a ferrari engine. Still need to see if affects something cause my car is a ferrari powered one.

About the nerf I think the nerfs were well done and people are just complaining about Ferrari engine being nerfed but do not talk about how renault and honda engine should be buffed.  

RP was buffed and was well done too, but i think we should not ask a bigger nerf in the ferrari engine, but should have waited for an improvement atleast in renault/mclaren and maybe alphatauri.

Tough all these buffs/nerfs i still think the drivers stats should be updated again.

• Agree 1

So this is what I'm talking about. Started a new MyTeam save with a Ferrari engine. This is the Power R&D ranking:1080110_20201019123153_1.thumb.png.29f3b09f50a5846942334b547133dcb2.png

Season 1, day 1. Piddly little startup team and yet my Ferrari engine is faster than Ferrari themselves. Actually even on par with Mercedes, which is crazy.

This needs to be balanced properly. Saying "We're keeping player power units as they are to keep balance" is completely contradictory to what's actually happening. People expected their MyTeam engines to take a hit after the real-life performances that we've had this season.

I can't help thinking that the devs' time has been taken up more by eSports, fixing issues and the contractual pressures that come with it. Hence why this took so long to come out, and then done half-heartedly.

Edit: Going to link @BarryBL to this. As @tarrantino said, if you want a realistic experience, you can no longer use a Ferrari engine with MyTeam, because it hasn't been balanced with the Ferrari AI.

Edited by s00zster
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, s00zster said:

So this is what I'm talking about. Started a new MyTeam save with a Ferrari engine. This is the Power R&D ranking:1080110_20201019123153_1.thumb.png.29f3b09f50a5846942334b547133dcb2.png

Season 1, day 1. Piddly little startup team and yet my Ferrari engine is faster than Ferrari themselves. Actually even on par with Mercedes, which is crazy.

This needs to be balanced properly. Saying "We're keeping player power units as they are to keep balance" is completely contradictory to what's actually happening. People expected their MyTeam engines to take a hit after the real-life performances that we've had this season.

I can't help thinking that the devs' time has been taken up more by eSports, fixing issues and the contractual pressures that come with it. Hence why this took so long to come out, and then done half-heartedly.

Which if you want to be realistic you now cannot run with a Ferrari engine

Edited by tarrantino
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, tarrantino said:

Which if you want to realistic you now cannot run with a Ferrari engine

Exactly.

• Agree 2

Someone has try a race with the new performance? Where Ferrari has finished compare to McLaren and Renault?

9 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

Honda and Renault have much better engines than Ferrari. Ferrari should be last.

Don't be surprised that Ferrari had something to do with that. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, tarrantino said:

Which if you want to be realistic you now cannot run with a Ferrari engine

If you're going to be realistic, you wouldn't pick a Ferrari engine anyway... 

So does the patch gives you an option to either apply the update to existing saves or not like the drivers' stat patch? If not then that's quite disappointing, not exactly what I feared but probably even worse.

I mean...seriously? The patch was meant to make things more accurately reflecting real life, Ferrari screwed themselves alongside with all their customers, that should include us, but it didn't for the sake of not being unfair to the players...? Right now it's the exact opposite...it made us looking like we're cheating 😫

7 minutes ago, Rango said:

I have Honda so I'm not concerned at this exact moment BUT....

There are quite a few who want to go to a Ferrari engine OR have one and will be over powered compared to the works engine which is pretty ****. 

• Agree 1

Honestly I'm not too concerned about the Ferrari engine remaining unchanged for our own teams. In my opinion, it serves as a way for us to choose if we want to start with a better car while at the same time balancing the other Ferrari teams. 

Realistically speaking, like others have said, you wouldn't be starting with a Ferrari engine anyway. Aside from emails, theres nothing actually indicates which engine you have in game anyway except the sound since we cant badge our cars with the engine suppliers logo.

For me personally, I'd pick Ferrari for the higher performance but in my head it would be a Renault or Honda. Different story of course if our liveries included the engine supplier.

I just wish they'd allow us to set upgrades on each team at the start of career or myteam so we can customize where we would like each team to start in season 1.

image.thumb.png.c6901c2ecf54c5502da622960bafbf77.png

Started a new My Team from scratch and the engine are still the same

Edited by Erudain

1 hour ago, Rango said:

Haas started with a Ferrari engine.

• Agree 1

Stop ********, the patch came be happy.

Ferrari will always be a bit OP in F1 games due to licences and agreements.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Stop ********, the patch came be happy.

Ferrari will always be a bit OP in F1 games due to licences and agreements.

You don’t get it? It’s not about the Ferrari engine as a whole. 

The user gets a better engine than the AI Ferrari. How does that work?

• Agree 3