F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

Okay, can someone explain to me why this is not possible? I changed nothing about the stats and the prices. It is the same balance.

F12020.png

• Agree 1

Ferrari wont allow it. Codemasters hands are tied I guess. They arent allowed to show Ferrari as slow that's why the red car is always infront in the photos they publish.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Ferrari wont allow it. Codemasters hands are tied I guess. They arent allowed to show Ferrari as slow that's why the red car is always infront in the photos they publish.

It’s all part of the ULTIMATE, THE GREAT FERRARI MASTER PLAN.......... 

• Agree 1

I know it is a really minor issue, but should be easily fixed and I don't understand why it is still there. I am referring to the color markers of Alpha Tauri and Williams. In game those are dark blue and light blue, while they should be white and a darker tone of blue respectively. 

47 minutes ago, HakkinenWDC said:

I know it is a really minor issue, but should be easily fixed and I don't understand why it is still there. I am referring to the color markers of Alpha Tauri and Williams. In game those are dark blue and light blue, while they should be white and a darker tone of blue respectively. 

Pretty sure this was addressed and wasnt going to be changed as it is too much work for a nothing end result.

26 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Pretty sure this was addressed and wasnt going to be changed as it is too much work for a nothing end result.

Not an expert, but too much work? To change 2 colours? I agree with you that it's a really small detail but I mean, seriously? So next year I expect we will have a green Aston Martin with Pink colour. Great! 

IIRC the response for that was it's so deeply embedded in the games code it is just not worth it to change the colour of 2 tiny dots on the mini map.

You know which colours represent each car it's a non issue. We all know there are bigger fish for the devs to fry in the game why would they waste time on something so insignificant.

• Disagree 2

6 hours ago, julian439 said:

Someone has try a race with the new performance? Where Ferrari has finished compare to McLaren and Renault?

Yes, 50% Mexico. Playing as Albon, a.i. 100

1 Bottas, 2 Albon, 3 Ham, 4 Ver, 5 Perez, 6 Leclerc, 7 Vettel, 8 Ocon. Sainz and Latifi DNF.  Monster run by Verstappen from p20 due to not having attempted quali.

Surprised by a.i. Hamilton brutally spinning in front of me due to a mistake, added a ton of realism

• Like 1

Redbull and Ferrari are carried by 1 man. Albon and vettel need a nerf...

45 minutes ago, HakkinenWDC said:

Not an expert, but too much work? To change 2 colours? I agree with you that it's a really small detail but I mean, seriously? So next year I expect we will have a green Aston Martin with Pink colour. Great! 

I assume the color codes are probably given by the actual race teams themselves but it just happens to look the way it is now under the graphic engine we have. They probably could still do some tweaking, but might have to go through all the procedures to get agreements from the official parties since the game is licensed by a separate entity (F1). 

If you play on PC you could try to mod them though.

Edited by DRT-Apophis

13 minutes ago, Punition said:

Redbull and Ferrari are carried by 1 man. Albon and vettel need a nerf...

Already made a comment in these topic saying that are drivers over and underrated. For me Albon and Vettel are by far the ones with more pace than they are actually showing. Not saying they are bad, but im saying they are overperforming in the game compared to real life.  As for the other side, for me drivers like sainz, gasly and even latifi should get a little bit more of pace.

The results we see in game, are not 100% reflected by how good or bad the car is. The driver stats are important too. How can you see? In a carrer mode I was making in the beginning (really before the performance patch) in one of the season Zhou went to ferrari. Guess what? He didn't won a single race and made almost the same amout of points as the alpha tauri's drivers.

It's true that maybe renault and mclaren should be ahead of ferrari in the graphs but the drivers stats should be updated again too.

There no reason to update car performance if they dont update the driver stats. Vettel with 92 pace yea sure, he never make it to q3 and rarely q2... Codemaster to scared to put a driver in the 70 or 60 stats for pace and racecraft to space out driver instead they are all bunched together in the 80 with a difference of 1 stats..

• Agree 3

Sorry to say but this is embarassing, disappointing to say the least.

First, developers release a wording concerning the patch notes which is completely unclear and for days nobody, not even the forum CMs, does know what it really means. Instead, we do have to guess and test things out ourselves, only to find out that this basically breaks balance of myteam mode. If you work in the gaming industry, and you are looking for an example how not to handle things, this might be a good one.

Second, could developers please clarify, that it is really the license / contracts / FIA (or whoever) hindering them, to provide us with a simulation (F1 2020 is supposed to be a simulation, no, not some arcade game, is it?) as accurate as possible? I would really like to know the truth about this.

Third, you do not have to be a rocket scientist to know the order of engine power in 2020: 1st Mercedes, 2nd Honda more or less on par with 2nd Renault (maybe the only differ in reliability, not so much in power), 4th Ferrari. The data can be retrieved all over the internet, even for free. So if we play myteam mode, why do we not get a chance to play in this very environment? Why are we forced to play with "Ferrari best engine" mode, still, even with the performance patch in place, while in reality this is completely vice-versa? To quote from the patch notes "My Team Power Unit selection stats and prices remain unchanged so as not to unfairly upset the balance of the player’s experience" - but hell, it does exactly result in the opposite, it completely upsets balance if Ferrari is still the strongest engine in game and b) even more if a "myteam" using a Ferrari customer engine now has more power right from the start, than the manufacturers team itself does. According to s00zster posting the R&D ratings from myteam new game above, it also remains unclear to me why racing point would have identical or more engine power than Mercedes, and how Renault would have less power than (or equal power to) McLaren which have their customer engines? [/edit #2: s00zter has corrected his observation twice, see below, meanwhile backed by youtubers like Aarava]

I perfectly understand there might be issues with FIA and the license, which make it difficult to nerf Ferrari to the place it belongs to in reality. But then, why in the world cant this be modded? Let me use a slider, or let me set engine power with some text editor in an enginestat.txt file or sumsuch, why should that not be possible? Mercedes 95, Honda 92, Renault 91, Ferrari 88 done for first season in myteam, simple as that. Rest coming from R&D in game anyway.

Please? For christmas perhaps?

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 4

Funny seeing all the MyTeam players throwing a wobbly over this. Makes a change from the online community, who are quite happy right now as some of our bugs have been fixed.

Thank you very much Codemasters it was much needed.

Offline modes will probably be sorted when the F2 2020 drops.

I would like to revise something I pointed out earlier - the gap between a newly created Ferrari-powered MyTeam team (with no media influence on power during the starter interview) and the other Ferrari powered teams appears to be caused by the minor packages that the game gives you at the start of the game:

1080110_20201019123153_1.png.11a9b6a807b4a3afd26bd1eea42a4c91.png

I have since restarted my Honda-powered save and the same-sized gap is present between my team and Red Bull / Alpha Tauri, again complete with minor packages and no media influence.

I'd like to apologise for my previous error, I'd only started playing MyTeam mode over the weekend and hadn't noticed these minor packages and the boost they give to your power unit ranking. This wasn't helped by the pre-release statement saying that MyTeam power units "stats and prices" would be unaffected. I took this to mean user engine performance would remain at pre-patch levels while AI would be correctly downgraded, which would result in a disparity between the user and AI, causing the user to have things a bit too easy in comparison to the AI, and the last thing I want is to have a game that's too easy. :classic_biggrin:

This also wasn't helped by us having to guess rather than have someone clarify the statement, although I understand it was during the weekend when this all happened so there wasn't really an opportunity.

What this does mean, though, is without those minor packages, the engine power between user and AI should be equal and that the menu when you purchase a power unit is more of a cosmetic issue / the amount of money you pay. As far as that goes, my guess is you would still pay more for Ferrari anyway, purely because it's a Ferrari. It doesn't matter how bad it is, the prestige of being associated with them and their history overtakes that. :classic_wink:

Having said that, do the AI teams receive these minor packages too? I'm guessing these are given to the user at the beginning as a sort of kickstart? And I can see there's a couple left to receive during the season.

Assuming this is all correct, I'm guessing there isn't a disparity between user and AI after all. 👍

Again, apologies.

tl;dr MyTeam user Ferrari power unit performance is actually equal with AI and therefore correct. Misunderstood something and I apologise profusely for the confusion. Only thing that hasn't been updated is the power unit purchase screen (which is what Codies meant when they said "stats and prices", not performance), nothing deeper than that. Purely cosmetic / how much the power units cost. Everything's fine. Panic over. Nothing to see here. Move along. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by s00zster

After checking qualifying and race in Austria and Italy (Grand Prix mode) the results could be worse. At least I am happy that the Ferrari performance is more realistic now. Racing Point and Renault also look ok. 

image.png.c683f9d75d13c597c504538cd4e16254.png

image.png.07afd5501be48d9b059bda402a0ab3cd.png

14 hours ago, s00zster said:

Eu gostaria de revisar algo que indiquei anteriormente - a lacuna entre uma equipe MyTeam com motor Ferrari recentemente criada (sem influência da mídia sobre o poder durante a entrevista inicial) e as outras equipes motorizadas com Ferrari parece ser causada pelos pacotes menores que o jogo oferece no início do jogo:

1080110_20201019123153_1.png.11a9b6a807b4a3afd26bd1eea42a4c91.png

Desde então, reiniciei minha defesa com motor Honda e a lacuna do mesmo tamanho está presente entre minha equipe e o Red Bull / Alpha Tauri, novamente completo com pacotes menores e sem influência da mídia.

Eu gostaria de me desculpar por meu erro anterior, eu só comecei a jogar o modo MyTeam no fim de semana e não tinha percebido esses pacotes menores e o aumento que eles dão para a classificação da sua unidade de energia. Isso não ajudou a declaração de pré-lançamento dizendo que as "estatísticas e preços" das unidades de energia MyTeam não seriam afetadas. Eu entendi que isso significava que o desempenho do mecanismo do usuário permaneceria nos níveis de pré-patch enquanto a IA seria corretamente rebaixada, o que resultaria em uma disparidade entre o usuário e a IA, fazendo com que o usuário ficasse um pouco mais fácil em comparação à IA e a última coisa que quero é um jogo muito fácil. : classic_biggrin:

Isso também não ajudou porque tivemos que adivinhar em vez de alguém esclarecer a afirmação, embora eu entenda que foi durante o fim de semana quando tudo isso aconteceu, então não houve realmente uma oportunidade.

O que isso significa, porém, é que, sem esses pacotes menores, a potência do motor entre o usuário e a IA deve ser igual e que o menu quando você compra uma unidade de potência é mais uma questão cosmética / quanto dinheiro você paga. Quanto a isso, meu palpite é que você ainda pagaria mais pela Ferrari, simplesmente porque é uma Ferrari . Não importa o quão ruim seja, o prestígio de estar associado a eles e sua história supera isso. : classic_wink:

Dito isso, as equipes de IA também recebem esses pacotes menores? Eu estou supondo que eles são dados ao usuário no início como uma espécie de kickstart? E posso ver que ainda há um casal para receber durante a temporada.

Supondo que tudo esteja correto, estou supondo que não há uma disparidade entre o usuário e a IA, afinal. 👍

Novamente, desculpas.

tl; dr O desempenho da unidade de potência Ferrari do usuário do MyTeam é igual ao AI e, portanto, correto. Compreendi mal alguma coisa e peço desculpas profusamente pela confusão. A única coisa que não foi atualizada é a tela de compra da unidade de potência (que é o que Codies quis dizer quando disse "estatísticas e preços", não desempenho), nada mais profundo do que isso. Puramente cosmético / quanto custam as unidades de potência. Está tudo bem. Acabou o pânico. Nada para ver aqui. Siga em frente. : classic_biggrin:

I didn't understand the apology.  The problem is still there, it doesn't matter if it's the smaller packages that make us better.  We could not start better than the manufacturer under any circumstances.  I already think it's strange in the course of the game that we become better than them with the developments, imagine starting better than those who provide us.  Codemasters' completely stupid decision.  Also, why hasn't the Ferrari engine become the worst?  Renault and Honda are clearly better this year, without a doubt.  As for prices, I can even accept it, but not performance, it's even comical.  It is as if they launched a 2020 game with the attributes of 2019. And to top it off, they did not fix the Safety Car problem and no change in the ridiculous driver market, things that made me stop playing.  Really very frustrating!

34 minutes ago, caiocrq said:

I didn't understand the apology.  The problem is still there, it doesn't matter if it's the smaller packages that make us better.  We could not start better than the manufacturer under any circumstances.  I already think it's strange in the course of the game that we become better than them with the developments, imagine starting better than those who provide us.  Codemasters' completely stupid decision.  Also, why hasn't the Ferrari engine become the worst?  Renault and Honda are clearly better this year, without a doubt.  As for prices, I can even accept it, but not performance, it's even comical.  It is as if they launched a 2020 game with the attributes of 2019. And to top it off, they did not fix the Safety Car problem and no change in the ridiculous driver market, things that made me stop playing.  Really very frustrating!

Ok, so... Contrary to what I previously thought and put forward in this thread, I've since found the baseline performance of the user's power units vs AI power units in MyTeam to be equal. That includes Ferrari. It's only that when you start the game, you're given some minor upgrade packages. That's all part of the R&D flow. The AI will bump up their R&D ranking sooner or later and things will even out.

The reason I apologised was because I felt my opinion was being accepted by others but it turned out my opinion was wrong. I don't like leading people astray, and I especially don't like ruining people's experience of something fun.

In the greater scheme of things, there's more than just engines just at play when it comes to Ferrari's downgrade. Another thing is their aerodynamics / drag.

In my first race since getting the patch, Ricciardo came third. Leclerc & Vettel came 8th and 9th. I think that's a very good medium when you consider Leclerc's real life performances getting the car onto the podium a couple of times and Vettel barely getting points. The driver stats could be updated further though, definitely.

• Agree 1

Ok, I take it all back. There IS an issue with MyTeam Ferrari engines being more powerful than the Ferrari-powered AI: It's actually proven in Aarava's latest video. Jump to 4:47 to see what I mean:

I was going by the R&D performance bars, thinking they accurately reflected the comparison between your engine and the other Ferrari teams.

I guess the one way to fix this is to copy the values from the Ferrari AI file to the MyTeam Ferrari file. That's literally all Codies had to do but I guess they didn't want to upset anyone. *sigh* Right, I'm off to do that now.

Edit: Done the MyTeam Ferrari values already, just a matter of copying and replacing anything to do with the power unit. Literally took me less than 5 minutes. Going to double check the other 3 files. Once I'm done, I'll see about sticking them up on Racedepartment for anyone who wants to use them.

Edited by s00zster
  • Agree 1

So, what do the patch notes REALLY mean:

This quote from the patch notes "My Team Power Unit selection stats and prices remain unchanged so as not to unfairly upset the balance of the player’s experience"

Actually this translates to: "Ferrari Engines picked as an engine supplier in MyTeam mode by players will have their prices and stats remain unchanged." 

Note: Ferrari engines in AI operated teams in MyTeam mode have been tuned down to better reflect RL engine power. Note II: Stats of Honda and Renault engines are still way too low (as still somewhat below Ferrari engine power, which is neither true in terms of standings in the F1 championship, nor in sheer engine performance).

Just so you know what to expect from patch 1.12, when playing in MyTeam game mode on PC.

Edited by Schneehase

2 hours ago, s00zster said:

Ok, so... Contrary to what I previously thought and put forward in this thread, I've since found the baseline performance of the user's power units vs AI power units in MyTeam to be equal. That includes Ferrari. It's only that when you start the game, you're given some minor upgrade packages. That's all part of the R&D flow. The AI will bump up their R&D ranking sooner or later and things will even out.

The reason I apologised was because I felt my opinion was being accepted by others but it turned out my opinion was wrong. I don't like leading people astray, and I especially don't like ruining people's experience of something fun.

In the greater scheme of things, there's more than just engines just at play when it comes to Ferrari's downgrade. Another thing is their aerodynamics / drag.

In my first race since getting the patch, Ricciardo came third. Leclerc & Vettel came 8th and 9th. I think that's a very good medium when you consider Leclerc's real life performances getting the car onto the podium a couple of times and Vettel barely getting points. The driver stats could be updated further though, definitely.

Does anyone has a full Ferrari engine R&D tree from Driver's Career so I can confirm a few things I wonder?

Before the update, I remember the engine R&D progression of Ferrari and their customer teams are identical to your MyTeam's Ferrari engine if you have both Ignition System & Spark Plug applied when you first started the career. 

If you start a new career as a Ferrari driver (or their customer teams), you'll notice two things:

• They also already have all 4 major manufacturer upgrades from the start like MyTeam.
  • But their engine R&D tree is different from the MyTeam's tree (This was already the case before the patch).

I believe that's because they already have the 2 minor upgrades from the tree pre-applied to their engine so they adjusted the look of the tree by not showing those upgrades. But their engine are still identical as the MyTeam's Ferrari PU when both sides are maxed out (so technically the trees are still the same, except they started a little ahead of you if you don't get the upgrades from the interview).

Though, after the patch, their tree in Driver's Career still remain the same as before, with 4 major manufacturer upgrades (like MyTeam's PU). The interesting part is, even though they're still using the Driver's Career tree (that means the 2 minor upgrades are probably still pre-applied), yet their performance are identical to the one in MyTeam if you don't have the 2 minor upgrades benefit from the first interview. This not only means they no longer started slightly ahead of you in progression, they probably got a hard perma-nerf with less maximum potential than your Ferrari PU in MyTeam because they're missing two minor upgrades in their tree.

But I'm not sure if this is the actual case without seeing the full Ferrari R&D tree.

Edited by DRT-Apophis