Jump to content
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

Recommended Posts

Ok, I've edited the MyTeam power unit performance files for Ferrari, Honda and Renault. Mercedes didn't need to be edited, the lines for power unit were identical with the AI. Only lines associated with the power unit (i.e. engine power, fuel) have been copied over from the AI files (for Honda, I took the lines from the Red Bull file - there were slight differences between Red Bull and Alpha Tauri and I wanted the Honda file to have the fullest potential).

In all 3 cases before editing, the user's MyTeam engine was more powerful than AI powered by the same power unit brand. They should now be equal.

Please note that these edits will have no change upon the engine purchase screen or R&D ranking screens.

Assuming that it's allowed, I shall be uploading these files to Racedepartment for anyone who wants a more realistic experience. :classic_happy:

If this isn't allowed, someone from Codemasters will have to let me know and I shall remove them immediately.

I'll let you guys know when it's been uploaded.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, s00zster said:

Ok, I've edited the MyTeam power unit performance files for Ferrari, Honda and Renault. Mercedes didn't need to be edited, the lines for power unit were identical with the AI. Only lines associated with the power unit (i.e. engine power, fuel) have been copied over from the AI files (for Honda, I took the lines from the Red Bull file - there were slight differences between Red Bull and Alpha Tauri and I wanted the Honda file to have the fullest potential).

In all 3 cases before editing, the user's MyTeam engine was more powerful than AI powered by the same power unit brand. They should now be equal.

Please note that these edits will have no change upon the engine purchase screen or R&D ranking screens.

Assuming that it's allowed, I shall be uploading these files to Racedepartment for anyone who wants a more realistic experience. :classic_happy:

If this isn't allowed, someone from Codemasters will have to let me know and I shall remove them immediately.

I'll let you guys know when it's been uploaded.

I wonder how significant the differences were? Especially between the actual Ferrari PU & player's Ferrari PU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DRT-Apophis said:

I wonder how significant the differences were? Especially between the actual Ferrari PU & player's Ferrari PU.

No idea, I know basic modding but I don't know the specifics on splines and all that. But it has to be remembered that the Ferrari PU was based (essentially) on 2019 performances along with the original Ferrari AI. There's quite a leap in some of the numbers when comparing the current vanilla AI and PU files.

Edited by s00zster
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, s00zster said:

No idea, I know basic modding but I don't know the specifics on splines and all that. But it has to be remembered that the Ferrari PU was based (essentially) on 2019 performances along with the original Ferrari AI. There's quite a leap in some of the numbers when comparing the current AI and PU files.

Does the patch only affect their starting point or actually their maximum potential too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DRT-Apophis said:

Does the patch only affect their starting point or actually their maximum potential too?

There's another set of spline lines further down in the Upgrade section of the files, I'm assuming this was maximum potential. They too were higher than the AI from what I could see.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So since I've done this, my Honda-powered car is now 2mph slower on the s/f straight at Bahrain than it was yesterday (same R&D modifications and conditions). This tallies up with my ability to catch Kvyat at Melbourne last night. I just had that edge that shouldn't have been there.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, s00zster said:

There's another set of spline lines further down in the Upgrade section of the files, I'm assuming this was maximum potential. They too were higher than the AI from what I could see.

I'm pretty new to modding, but does that mean what we did were just modding their base line performances, but eventually they reaches the same maximum potential that the game originally intended, unless we mod the Upgrade section of the file as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, I have done two races after the patch, and it looks to me as if backmarkers are not shown blue flags? They are not yielding racing lines and are racing me pretty hard. Anyone else experienced this? To be honest both times it happened to me the two cars were dueling it out between themselves, but still....

 

And theflashing blue light was nowhere to be seen

Edited by Axaios

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DRT-Apophis said:

I'm pretty new to modding, but does that mean what we did were just modding their base line performances, but eventually they reaches the same maximum potential that the game originally intended, unless we mod the Upgrade section of the file as well?

I believe that's the case. You could technically do that with the Ferrari PU so it could be rubbish now but upgrade fully to their original potential.

I believe that's how it works but I could be wrong. My speciality is more AI behaviour but I can only do that with pre-2015 games. All I've done is played it safe and copied & pasted engine/fuel values from AI to PU files, and left all the other stuff alone (i.e. chassis, suspension, etc). The files I've made available have both baseline performance and upgrade section edited.

Notepad++ with the Compare plugin is great for checking the differences in the two XML files. You'd also need the Ego ERP Archiver to extract the XML from the team's ERP file. Best place to find out about all of this is to go to Racedepartment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Axaios said:

Folks, I have done two races after the patch, and it looks to me as if backmarkers are not shown blue flags? They are not yielding racing lines and are racing me pretty hard. Anyone else experienced this? To be honest both times it happened to me the two cars were dueling it out between themselves, but still....

 

And theflashing blue light was nowhere to be seen

There is already a topic in this forum about that dude. 😉

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, s00zster said:

I believe that's the case. You could technically do that with the Ferrari PU so it could be rubbish now but upgrade fully to their original potential.

I believe that's how it works but I could be wrong. My speciality is more AI behaviour but I can only do that with pre-2015 games. All I've done is played it safe and copied & pasted engine/fuel values from AI to PU files, and left all the other stuff alone (i.e. chassis, suspension, etc). The files I've made available have both baseline performance and upgrade section edited.

Notepad++ with the Compare plugin is great for checking the differences in the two XML files. You'd also need the Ego ERP Archiver to extract the XML from the team's ERP file. Best place to find out about all of this is to go to Racedepartment.

Yea I myself too have only just started to mess with the damage sensitivity last night lol, cuz I found the Extreme Damage Mod (even with just the Realistic setting) is a bit too sensitive on the suspensions detachment value especially for city street (Baku & Monaco mostly), Ai don't really know how to not hit each other in the very tight sections 😬

I'm looking to see if I could play with the chassis and aero a little bit to buff the bottom 3 teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, s00zster said:

I believe that's the case. You could technically do that with the Ferrari PU so it could be rubbish now but upgrade fully to their original potential.

I believe that's how it works but I could be wrong. My speciality is more AI behaviour but I can only do that with pre-2015 games. All I've done is played it safe and copied & pasted engine/fuel values from AI to PU files, and left all the other stuff alone (i.e. chassis, suspension, etc). The files I've made available have both baseline performance and upgrade section edited.

Notepad++ with the Compare plugin is great for checking the differences in the two XML files. You'd also need the Ego ERP Archiver to extract the XML from the team's ERP file. Best place to find out about all of this is to go to Racedepartment.

I just went and played around with the chassis and aero values a little with the Williams the whole night, was trying to make them somewhat close to the performance of the new Pink Merc, which seems to be successful because I just won the Driver's Career Australian GP at 106% AI with it and by qualifying 3rd.

Though I noticed changing the performance values probably doesn't affect your teammate's (or just about any AI) car because George still somehow quali and finished very near the bottom. I've tried to run in other game mode and watched the mod Williams lap time in qualifying. Be it fast forward or real time, George is still about 0.5 - 0.6 sec slower than the AlphaTauri, and it's the same result after I reverted it back to the original stats.

I wonder if I did anything wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DRT-Apophis said:

I just went and played around with the chassis and aero values a little with the Williams the whole night, was trying to make them somewhat close to the performance of the new Pink Merc, which seems to be successful because I just won the Driver's Career Australian GP at 106% AI with it and by qualifying 3rd.

Though I noticed changing the performance values probably doesn't affect your teammate's (or just about any AI) car because George still somehow quali and finished very near the bottom. I've tried to run in other game mode and watched the mod Williams lap time in qualifying. Be it fast forward or real time, George is still about 0.5 - 0.6 sec slower than the AlphaTauri, and it's the same result after I reverted it back to the original stats.

I wonder if I did anything wrong?

I'm assuming you remembered to import the XML back into the ERP? :classic_biggrin:

Other than that, I've no idea. The only thing I really know about in regards to vehicle files is the parts involving damage.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, s00zster said:

I'm assuming you remembered to import the XML back into the ERP? :classic_biggrin:

Other than that, I've no idea. The only thing I really know about in regards to vehicle files is the parts involving damage.

LOLOLOL yea I did 🤣🤣🤣 (did forgot the first time though 😝)

The effects seems to only applied to my car, but the strange thing is the damage sensitivity worked on the both me & the AI (I tweaked the sensitivity for individual team).

Russell was 1.4 sec slower than me in qualifying at 104% Australia with the tweaked Williams, at the same difficulty Mick was only about 0.5sec slower than me in Myteam's Ferrari (no tweak), I was no where close to the speed & handling of this Williams with the stock MyTeam car.

Edited by DRT-Apophis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So engine stats "power" and "reliability" shown in the starting menu of my team are just cosmetical? Or am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HakkinenWDC said:

So engine stats "power" and "reliability" shown in the starting menu of my team are just cosmetical? Or am I missing something?

The way I understand things is that these stats apply to your team only, it is what you will get. In case of Ferrari engines, all other teams using that engine will have worse power than your team will have, if you buy their engine. Given that this also affects the engine manufacturers team, this is kinda lame, isnt it.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×