F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

3 hours ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Go online, it's much much better there.

I said nothing about whether I personally play online or not :classic_smile:.

3 hours ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Why should we suffer from unrealistic teams performance in multiplayer, if offline players can always boost up their cars to fight for a win at any team they want? Should we call it F1 2020 Official Game or F1 2020 Based on something remotely reminiscent of how the way things are in real F1.

In multiplayer I'd have thought most would want to compete with equal cars? I do.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

In multiplayer I'd have thought most would want to compete with equal cars? I do.

I don't. I would like an excuse for losing and blaming the car over my own lack of talent seems quite appealing 😄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sergey_blackbird said:

If only Ferrari had had last year's engine :classic_love:

If only they had Merc's or RB's lawyers, they would probably have it still :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

was there an update for performance in the last patch? When choosing an engine for season 2 Ferrari is listet more realistic.

476122234_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-29um10_49_19.thumb.png.cea9d9c1bd575f7e6371ad1aff31d65f.png

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, fraggi said:

was there an update for performance in the last patch? When choosing an engine for season 2 Ferrari is listet more realistic.

Try with new save, as for season 2 it can be as a result of engine manufacturer upgrading/downgrading their engine during season 1. I don't think there was performance update now.

Edited by XanderSJX
  • Agree 2

Talking about performance updates. Ocon could be decreased slightly. He beats Ricciardo far too often in the game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DutchRacer87 said:

Talking about performance updates. Ocon could be decreased slightly. He beats Ricciardo far too often in the game.

Did a race at Zandvoort the other night and Ricciardo was so slow he was holding everyone up so much that half the field beat him by about 40 seconds. Perhaps he's focusing on his move to Mclaren already in the virtual world.

Mercedes won every races in my first myteam season.:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

Mercedes won every races in my first myteam season.:classic_biggrin:

lol, in my save Merc won like 6 out of the first 7 and then Ferrari won 5 in a row with Vettel getting 4 of them. But they started so bad that HAM still has a 49 Points lead over him. It promises to get really interesting till the end. And Vettel will retire after the season so its his last shot.

• Agree 1

On 7/13/2020 at 9:22 PM, rVirius said:

I think it's important to note that Ferrari are currently trying to avoid talking about how down on power their engine is. If, as has been suggested, the performance of the cars might need to be agreed before Codemasters can change it then it may not be so simple to lower the performance of the Ferrari engine. I do hope we can get it sorted soon and it would be nice to have a little more communication on what's happening with updates but I think it's important to understand how difficult it can be for Codemasters to work around their licensing agreements. In the long run it would be great if F1 could give them a lot more freedom in the license but that is difficult with the way F1 is structured.

Of you'd theory is right that it's the same old codies have to get permission of the teams and FIA . You would of thought Ferrari rivals would of been pushing to sort it out quicker . As the are not happy . With what Ferrari have getting away with . With there secret agreement between Ferrari and FIA . What ever it was the done it must of been bad with them keeping it under wraps as it just shows the were hiding something . So to me that argument does t Staci up about them needing teams approval . As I'm sure with the Merc engine the have ain't going to be happy that the Ferrari is better than there when it's clear as day the have lost a lot of engine power 

Posted (edited)

From what I've seen here I think a major part of what many are viewing as a significant delay (I don't) is the need/desire to get data on car performance across multiple tracks. The in-game performance model is complicated and any change is not as trivial as just making one care 'faster' etc.

Given how far ahead Mercedes seem to be right now I'm currently tempted to think the game is probably more fun to play right now than it will be after a patch to make it more realistic!

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

From what I've seen here I think a major part of what many are viewing as a significant delay (I don't) is the need/desire to get data on car performance across multiple tracks. The in-game performance model is complicated and any change is not as trivial as just making one care 'faster' etc.

Given how far ahead Mercedes seem to bee right now I'm currently tempted to think the game is probably more fun to play right now than it will be after a patch to make it more realistic!

And you are probably right. The scary thing is we've yet to even see the Mercs going full beams on races. So far it's been a cruise with conservative engine modes. Then again, in the game the Mercs (and all others) seem to struggle to overtake an Alpha Tauri, or any other car for the matter.

I wonder where Leclerc's speed came from. He was much quicker on the straights than Vettel, too. Reminds me of China a few years back, when Vettel gained half a second on Kimi on a single straight in qualifying.

I think the Williams cars could do with their performance being increased slighlty, almost every time the Williams AI will be the last two cars. There could do with being a bit more variance in AI performance I feel from race to race to realistically mix up the finishing positions a bit.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ma44hew94 said:

I think the Williams cars could do with their performance being increased slighlty, almost every time the Williams AI will be the last two cars. There could do with being a bit more variance in AI performance I feel from race to race to realistically mix up the finishing positions a bit.

Williams' good pace in quali is due to not only engine but chassis upgrade, but they still are the slowest car on track in race. 

1 hour ago, janbonator said:

And you are probably right. The scary thing is we've yet to even see the Mercs going full beams on races. So far it's been a cruise with conservative engine modes. Then again, in the game the Mercs (and all others) seem to struggle to overtake an Alpha Tauri, or any other car for the matter.

I wonder where Leclerc's speed came from. He was much quicker on the straights than Vettel, too. Reminds me of China a few years back, when Vettel gained half a second on Kimi on a single straight in qualifying.

In my "My Team" save, the Mercs are so fast that they are able to lap me even if I have somehow found my way into the top 10. I have even seen them lap the back markers by 2 laps in 3 races so far. I am only up to Spain in my first year, Ferrari are yet to win from what I remember; though they have had podiums.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Given how far ahead Mercedes seem to be right now I'm currently tempted to think the game is probably more fun to play right now than it will be after a patch to make it more realistic!

This. Its dull as dishwater in real life the racing and we've got the same performance for yet another season as its locked (what a silly idea) Mercedes could have at least given Hamilton a decent team mate so we could have an actual title fight. Ive never understood the people that try to justify watching the races by saying yeah we all know who is going to win but oh the midfield battles are good, that's like watching a football match knowing who is going to win and saying you enjoy watching the players who don't have the ball and have no bearing on the match

Edited by TomAAA

I know Latifi is no highflyer, but his pace in the game is pretty abysmal. He’s always more than a second a lap slower than everyone else. That’s a bit too harsh on him.

Also, seeing Ferrari improve this weekend, let’s wait and see in the next few races. Maybe their pace only need to be decreased slightly compared to the game. In my game they are already behind Mercedes and Verstappen most of the time anyway.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TomAAA said:

This. Its dull as dishwater in real life the racing and we've got the same performance for yet another season as its locked (what a silly idea) Mercedes could have at least given Hamilton a decent team mate so we could have an actual title fight. Ive never understood the people that try to justify watching the races by saying yeah we all know who is going to win but oh the midfield battles are good, that's like watching a football match knowing who is going to win and saying you enjoy watching the players who don't have the ball and have no bearing on the match

Not entirely. I'm enjoying watching the British GP right now. A major difference to a football match is there are 20 individual competitors trying to score points rather than 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomAAA said:

that's like watching a football match knowing who is going to win and saying you enjoy watching the players who don't have the ball and have no bearing on the match

most leagues have some teams dominating the league mate.

• Like 1

Leclerc dominated my first season.

Part of the reason though was Merc having several races of bad luck and weird pit strategy.

Hoping for performance patch soon for feeling of immersion.

20200718221014_1.jpg

2 hours ago, TomAAA said:

This. Its dull as dishwater in real life the racing and we've got the same performance for yet another season as its locked (what a silly idea) Mercedes could have at least given Hamilton a decent team mate so we could have an actual title fight.

I agree with the sentiment but not with the reasons.

I think Bottas is as good as they get. Better than him only if you got a star driver like Leclerc with first driver aspirations. I obviously know the appeal as a racing fan but I don't think Mercedes would be looking at their best interests by repeating the Nico v Lewis pairing. 

Arguably there's no matching Lewis in talent. He's one of the all time greats. So all you could hope for is second best with the right fit for the seat. And Bottas puts a good performance on pushing Hamilton in my opinion, just check their times on this weekend's qualy:

r/formula1 - Bottas' final flying lap time was the same as Hamilton's first flying lap in Q3.

He matched Hamilton hottest lap until Lewis decided to smash that already great time again.

Ive never understood the people that try to justify watching the races by saying yeah we all know who is going to win but oh the midfield battles are good, that's like watching a football match knowing who is going to win and saying you enjoy watching the players who don't have the ball and have no bearing on the match

When the camera closes in, what difference does it make if the battle is taking place for 4th, 8th or 12th place? We want competitive racing and that's exactly what we get from this year's midfield. Hopefully the gap to Mercedes will narrow with time F1 is lauded as the pinnacle of motorsports and I feel like we get that praising worth when watching the comes and goings of 2020 midfield. 

The analogy to football doesn't click right with me too. You're putting so much emphasis on the result but a sheet of paper will tell you that. How the match went, the skill displayed and the tactics employed can't be summed up on a final score – or standings for that matter. And on racing the drivers who "don't have the ball" are constantly and actively battling to keep the positions and to overtake for better ones, how on earth would that compare to one team's center back and the idle opposing attacker when the ball is on the other half of field? Football is not exactly conducive for players to trade blows when the ball is not at stake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I dont think RP is third.... i think that they are drawed with Mclaren.... Mclaren has more racing pace.... and better drivers for sure.

On 7/29/2020 at 1:59 PM, fraggi said:

476122234_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-29um10_49_19.thumb.png.cea9d9c1bd575f7e6371ad1aff31d65f.png

No this is just Renault out developing Ferrari during season 1. Happened to me as well. I started a new career to see what was going on and the engine supplier order was the same as on launch.

If they made this game realistic the Mercedes should be a whole second faster than the next car which should be red bull