F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

17 hours ago, DutchRacer87 said:

Maybe their pace only need to be decreased slightly compared to the game. In my game they are already behind Mercedes and Verstappen most of the time anyway.

http://mclarenf-1.com/index.php?page=chart&gp=1042&graf=3

It should be decreased massively, in fact. They were in better shape only because they used slimmer rear wing to compensate lack of engine power.

McLaren, Force India, Ferrari, Renault are almost identical, a few factors to consider:

LeClerc and Riccardo are outperforming the cars they are driving.

Barring the Budapest performance - Stroll is still an average driver.

Comparing driver performance to Car - Mclaren probably have the closest without having a driver that out performs or under performs.

Bad we lost Perez, he's usually a better driver in race than Stroll. He'd be somewhere in between Leclerc and Sainz. I think after second race at Hamilstone Curcuit we will get pretty good presentation of teams performance for this year. :classic_rolleyes:

Somewhere late August we may have patch, hopefully! :classic_smile:

47 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Bad we lost Perez, :classic_smile:

we don't lost perez, he will be back in 1-2 races.

• Like 1

Please codies patch the performance, no career mode yet as I have been waiting for this

• Agree 1

If the performance patch were released today:

Mercedes
Red Bull
McLaren
Racing Point
Renault
Ferrari
AlphaTauri
Haas
Alfa Romeo
Williams

I found it rather curious that the official F1 Youtube channel uploaded a comparison video of Leclerc's qualifying laps in Spa for 2019 and 2020, but did not include any telemetry, not even speed. I would've liked to do a similar analysis as I did after the first race in Austria (page 3 in this thread). If someone has found video material with telemetry, I'd be grateful for a link!

Edited by janbonator

I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with Ferraris death grip on the series. Nothing at all. No siree.

Allow me this one conspiracy theory.

• Agree 1

I desperately hope this performance patch/sport update won't only include the obvious midfield teams but also Mercedes amd with that (most importantly!)... the equal car performance for online.

Just in general, the cars in the game have way too much straight line speed, not enough mechanical grip, poor rear traction and slow to medium speed performance.

After 7 races it's obvious to note these things and it was consistent for every track. Slipstream also needs to be increased.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, GustavoCOD4 said:

If the performance patch were released today:

Mercedes
Red Bull
McLaren
Racing Point
Renault
Ferrari
AlphaTauri
Haas
Alfa Romeo
Williams

Agree with Mercedes, Red Bull and AT but I would not put the rest in that order.

For me it would be:

Mercedes (1,6) 

Red Bull (5,8)

Racing Point (7,5)

McLaren (7,5)

Ferrari (9,3)

Renault (9,5)

AlphaTauri (11,9)

Williams (16,6)

Haas (16,8)

Alfa Romeo (17,9)

Explanation: First that number is an average position in the qualification. Didn't use the race positions for two reasons. 1 - Because in the quali they use everything possible from the car; 2 - In the races there are DNF's and grid/time penalty that can affect the results.

Obviously Merc would be first and RB second.

Although McLaren and RP have the same quali average I think RP have a faster car (despite what we know about it). Ferrari have technically the same average has renault and I could have putted them behind renault but, from what i see from all races, both had "good" and "bad" races so yea, CM would put them with the same pace (like RP and MCL). 

Now talking about the back of the grid, AT has been obviously getting closer from the "best of the rest" than the ones in the back but has been only gasly giving that help, otherwise that quali average would be bigger. Even though williams has no points yet, George Russel has showed that the car is beter than AF and Haas cars, and the points Haas and AF have has been with strategy/DNF.

To finish, we have to remember that, the drivers in the game (as in real life) improve/get worse. The best example is the ferraris (not saying vettel is getting worse), Leclerc is clearly outperforming that car because he is getting better, and if you want an example for "getting worse" maybe I would say Kvyat (despite he hasn't been the best of the drivers, in my opinion) Gasly is making good results with that car, while kvyat should clearly doing a little bit better.

And that's it, tell me what do you tinhk 😉

Edited by Tomasslb24

49 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

I think your reasoning is solid.

Personally I would rate Renault over Ferrari though. According to Ricciardo, Renault had a major set-up breakthrough at Silverstone and they now know the sweet spot for the car to run in on. It's to be seen, however, if they can hit that sweet spot on high-downforce circuits as well. I think they have much more potential in their package. In Monza Ricciardo will mount a serious challenge for a podium finish.

In my books Williams is still at the tail-end. Russel has been putting in very good quali performances, but they have topped the Ferrari customers in quali simply because of the Mercedes PU quali mode. In the race they've always fallen down the order. Now that the quali-mode ban kicks in, I expect their Q2 days to be over for the most part.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, janbonator said:

I think your reasoning is solid.

Personally I would rate Renault over Ferrari though. According to Ricciardo, Renault had a major set-up breakthrough at Silverstone and they now know the sweet spot for the car to run in on. It's to be seen, however, if they can hit that sweet spot on high-downforce circuits as well. I think they have much more potential in their package. In Monza Ricciardo will mount a serious challenge for a podium finish.

In my books Williams is still at the tail-end. Russel has been putting in very good quali performances, but they have topped the Ferrari customers in quali simply because of the Mercedes PU quali mode. In the race they've always fallen down the order. Now that the quali-mode ban kicks in, I expect their Q2 days to be over for the most part.

Yea I understand your point of view. As a ferrari fan (sad) I would like to think that they can still make something good to the car, to atleast fight more in front of the pack (not mentioning the merc+max), like renault had that major set-up, but I think its unlikely.

About Williams and the Ferrari customers, George is obviously being fast compared to the 4 ferrari customer cars, but in the race is not only pace that matters, strategy is important too. Latifi is just trying to get used to the car, but I think he cannot go better than that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Explanation: First that number is an average position in the qualification. Didn't use the race positions for two reasons. 1 - Because in the quali they use everything possible from the car; 2 - In the races there are DNF's and grid/time penalty that can affect the results.

Mostly agree with the rankings. But races are the ones where you get the points. IMO, race pace is what defines a good or not good car. 😉

3 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Agree with Mercedes, Red Bull and AT but I would not put the rest in that order.

For me it would be:

Mercedes (1,6) 

Red Bull (5,8)

Racing Point (7,5)

McLaren (7,5)

Ferrari (9,3)

Renault (9,5)

AlphaTauri (11,9)

Williams (16,6)

Haas (16,8)

Alfa Romeo (17,9)

Obviously Merc would be first and RB second.

Although McLaren and RP have the same quali average I think RP have a faster car (despite what we know about it). Ferrari have technically the same average has renault and I could have put them behind renault but, from what i see from all races, both had "good" and "bad" races so yea, CM would put them with the same pace (like RP and MCL). 

Now talking about the back of the grid, AT has been obviously getting closer from the "best of the rest" than the ones in the back but has been only gasly giving that help, otherwise that quali average would be bigger. Even though williams has no points yet, George Russel has showed that the car is beter than AF and Haas cars, and the points Haas and AF have has been with strategy/DNF.

To finish, we have to remember that, the drivers in the game (as in real life) improve/get worse. The best example is the ferraris (not saying vettel is getting worse), Leclerc is clearly outperforming that car because he is getting better, and if you want an example for "getting worse" maybe I would say Kvyat (despite he hasn't been the best of the drivers, in my opinion) Gasly is making good results with that car, while kvyat should clearly doing a little bit better.

Fixed. This is racing not golf. Racing's putter has a past of puttered, which would've been out of place.

I agree with this, actually.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

Performance patch is confirmed for October isn't it to address Ferrari and Racing Point. Hopefully it isnt just those two teams though. Haas and Williams need to be brought up to the same level as Alfa. Both teams are not as far behind as the game makes them. Should be seeing both teams being able to occasionally get into Q2 from the start. Merc and Red Bull are fine. Racing Point should only be slightly ahead of McLaren and Renault who should both be equal. Then AlphaTauri should be slightly ahead of Ferrari and only slightly behind McLaren and Renault. Leclerc and Vettel's stats should mean Ferrari would be at around the same as Ocon/AlphaTauri despite being behind on the performance chart.

1 minute ago, Liaveil said:

Performance patch is confirmed for October isn't it to address Ferrari and Racing Point. 

I'm sure Codemasters will have been looking at changes for all teams.

4 hours ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Mostly agree with the rankings. But races are the ones where you get the points. IMO, race pace is what defines a good or not good car. 😉

I know, but I dont have much of information to make a pace average and making averages in race is something that is not 100% right because of penaltys and DNF's.

But the most important is that you agree with the ranking xD. Ty btw

8 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

I know, but I dont have much of information to make a pace average and making averages in race is something that is not 100% right because of penaltys and DNF's.

But the most important is that you agree with the ranking xD. Ty btw

http://mclarenf-1.com/index.php?page=chart&gp=1045&graf=3&dr1=Lando Norris&dr2=Lance Stroll

https://f1bythenumbers.com/2020-belgian-gp-race-pace-10-fastest/

This is where you can compare race pace of different drivers.

• Thanks 2

On 9/1/2020 at 10:11 PM, TSR Zinker said:

Just in general, the cars in the game have way too much straight line speed, not enough mechanical grip, poor rear traction and slow to medium speed performance.

Someone speaking sense. I'm surprised there are not more people on here who think A.I's traction out of slow corners needs to be nerfed.

If your cars lack straight line speed, A.I will overtake you, which means having to run 5-5 wing setups on tracks like Monaco and Singapore!

4 hours ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Ty for this websites, they really give good information. 

But I think the drivers pace should be putted in their own stats, not considering the pace of the cars themselfs. That's why leclerc has been "amazing" knowing the performance of that ferrari car.

Looks as though Monza is about a second per lap quicker in-game than IRL. Does anyone remember if Codies has ever reduced the overall performance of the cars? I remember several times over the years of having downforce added since launch, including this year, but I can't ever remember them making the cars slower.

9 minutes ago, janbonator said:

but I can't ever remember them making the cars slower.

Some of us players need no help with that. Some even less than others.

Cue in "I'm running with no toe nor camber here in Barcelona and I have the downshift command binded to the same button I use to brake, I am slow this game is broken".

Just kidding.

Changing the subject but still on Monza, I'm not a total fan of the guy but Sam Collins brought some pretty nuggets to the whole slipstream debate today

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, marioho said:

Changing the subject but still on Monza, I'm not a total fan of the guy but Sam Collins brought some pretty nuggets to the whole slipstream debate today

Magnussen blowing hot air with his Haas must've been some kind of a joke. Cool shot though.

Increase in drag of the car across the board would bring down times without compromising handling, while also boosting the effectiveness of slipstream. Doubt we'll see it though, David Greco said that the dirty air / slipstream balance was made for gameplay purposes, not realism. It would also call for a reset of leaderboards so I doubt there will be any action towards that end.

• Like 1

Performance patch in October? So F1 2021 is being released early? Come on guys it cant be that hard to tweak the performance of the cars..Really..months and months?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, AnthonyLee59 said:

Performance patch in October? So F1 2021 is being released early? Come on guys it cant be that hard to tweak the performance of the cars..Really..months and months?

The game has been out less than 2 months. It is not remotely unreasonable for the car performance update to have taken as long as it has as far as I'm concerned. 

The game bugs are a totally different matter.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1