F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

Well well well, what a race at monza, right? That was amazing, but I'm here to talk about the topic.

This race just showed to all people how difficult it is to make the performance of the cars balanced in the game. We saw hamilton easily overtaking everyone after he serve the penalty, but bottas couldn't even pass norris (altough he had some kind of a problem), and that is one of the main thing.

The performance of the car depends not only of the engine, aero and chassis. The track and the driver itself it's important too. 

Concluding, for the people who are always complaining, saying "WHY DO IT TAKE SO LONG TO MAKE THAT, IT CANT BE THAT DIFFICULT", this race at monza showed why does it take so long.

• Agree 4

Correct. Bottas also had a horrendous start, which threw him off a bit. Granted, the red flag should've been a chance to reset and make some headway for him.

Lewis Hamilton is driving really well this season but ***** Christ Bottas is shitting the bed in the other car. Great in qualifying is Bottas and can get within a tenth of Hamilton but he’s just not there in the races.

• Like 1

Bottas is not there to win races though. I mean, he sure would love to but Merc wants him to score points consistently and secure a good standing on the WCC. He gets the job done.

On the current grid only Lewis, Seb and Kimi I think have more career points than Valtteri. He easily breaks through the rankings of drivers with most career points of all time even after adjusting for different scoring systems and that is no fluke.

Merc doesn't exactly want two WDC contenders on their cars. Yes, Bottas performed very poorly today but the same can be said of the team as a whole and deviations are bound to happen. Hamilton has had a couple this season too.

• Haha 1

Suits Merc perfectly this. The Lewis Nico battle although interesting was very difficult behind the scenes, with Toto having numerous conversations between them. 

Lewis has the race craft which showed today. Not just all about the car as you need someone who can drive it. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Well well well, what a race at monza, right? That was amazing, but I'm here to talk about the topic.

This race just showed to all people how difficult it is to make the performance of the cars balanced in the game. We saw hamilton easily overtaking everyone after he serve the penalty, but bottas couldn't even pass norris (altough he had some kind of a problem), and that is one of the main thing.

The performance of the car depends not only of the engine, aero and chassis. The track and the driver itself it's important too. 

Concluding, for the people who are always complaining, saying "WHY DO IT TAKE SO LONG TO MAKE THAT, IT CANT BE THAT DIFFICULT", this race at monza showed why does it take so long.

Well Monza is not an easy track to overtake on. All cars are tuned to lowest downforce possible, hence pretty much all are towing each other.  

1. Midfield pack was close, in Monza this closeness was even greater. 

2. A genuine top car in race was Merc, which allowed them (excl. Bottas) perform some easy overtakes of lower-tier cars, look how time-consuming was battle with Albon, for example.

Monza is not a track one should make judgement on who's faster. One thing is sure, though, Ferrari is somewhere deep down in water and Merc is somewhere high up in the sky.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Well Monza is not an easy track to overtake on. All cars are tuned to lowest downforce possible, hence pretty much all are towing each other.  

1. Midfield pack was close, in Monza this closeness was even greater. 

2. A genuine top car in race was Merc, which allowed them (excl. Bottas) perform some easy overtakes of lower-tier cars, look how time-consuming was battle with Albon, for example.

Monza is not a track one should make judgement on who's faster. One thing is sure, though, Ferrari is somewhere deep down in water and Merc is somewhere high up in the sky.)

In one way or another, this is what I want to say. It is not easy for codemasters to just watch 1/2 races and immediately make an update in the cars performance.

They need a lot of informations for various races, and not only to change the car performance as the driver stats. 

Unfortunately, the red flag was bad, because with leclerc on "P3" (hamilton had the penalty and stroll didn't pitted yet) we could see a little bit more about the ferrari in that big pack.

PS: I know, he was ahead of both alfas and that could help him, but remember he was not being able to catch kimi till the SC.

Edited by Tomasslb24
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

In one way or another, this is what I want to say. It is not easy for codemasters to just watch 1/2 races and immediately make an update in the cars performance.

They need a lot of informations for various races, and not only to change the car performance as the driver stats. 

Unfortunately, the red flag was bad, because with leclerc on "P3" (hamilton had the penalty and stroll didn't pitted yet) we could see a little bit more about the ferrari in that big pack.

PS: I know, he was ahead of both alfas and that could help him, but remember he was not being able to catch kimi till the SC.

My bet is that Ferrari is going to be +- at the bottom of midfield pack for remaining races, since other midfield teams understand their cars better now. I'd say on most remaining races it's looks like they will get points only by some chaotic things happening.

• Agree 2

Ignoring the actual race at monza, because it was a bit of an anomaly, it was clear in practice and quali (as it has been for many races now) that the Ferrari is poor. Midfield team at best this year unfortunately. Game now needs to reflect that (just in case it hasn't been said on this page of the thread... 😝

34 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

Will Ferrari let codemasters reflect that though?🤔

It's feasible they have bigger issues at the moment than how they're perceived in a video game 😅

• Haha 1

damn ferrari.
yesterday I drove baku in the career "my team" and I was close to taking my first podium in season 1 due to the departure of the Hemilton and the appearance of the SC, which was superfluous ...
but 2 laps before the finish line, they caught up with me and overtook both Ferrari ...

2 hours ago, amazingblaze said:

It's feasible they have bigger issues at the moment than how they're perceived in a video game 😅

Never underestimate how petty any marketing department can be.  Marketing won't give a monkeys about race performance, all they care about is corporate image.  Race performance is down to the team themselves who in turn won't give a monkey's about perception.

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, JonnyHoonit said:

Never underestimate how petty any marketing department can be.  Marketing won't give a monkeys about race performance, all they care about is corporate image.  Race performance is down to the team themselves who in turn won't give a monkey's about perception.

Very true.

Ferrari's company worth doesn't come from the cars they make or sell. It comes from their brand image, and licensing rights for the use of that image brings more money than selling the cars.

Even the F1 drivers of today are so perplexed by successful brand marketing, that they are ready to switch to Ferrari with a smile on their face, no matter how much of a farce their car is.

Edited by janbonator
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2020 at 2:30 AM, marioho said:

Bottas is not there to win races though. I mean, he sure would love to but Merc wants him to score points consistently and secure a good standing on the WCC. He gets the job done.

On the current grid only Lewis, Seb and Kimi I think have more career points than Valtteri. He easily breaks through the rankings of drivers with most career points of all time even after adjusting for different scoring systems and that is no fluke.

Merc doesn't exactly want two WDC contenders on their cars. Yes, Bottas performed very poorly today but the same can be said of the team as a whole and deviations are bound to happen. Hamilton has had a couple this season too.

I believe Bottas had some bad luck last season, but still way off Hamilton in race pace and racecraft. In Monaco, he was sent out in traffic in qualifying during his last run. In Britain, a safety car was called out, allowing Hamilton a free pit stop. In Hungary, he was hit on lap 1 by Leclerc, sending him to the back, and the need for a pit stop early in the race. In Singapore, Mercedes made a mistake in the pit stops, asking him to drop back to give Hamilton a chance to still attack for the win. In Brazil, his engine blew up and had to take extra components, forcing him to start at the back of the grid in Abu Dhabi. 

So yes, I still do not believe he would have won 2019 without all those situations. Hamilton has just been insane in race pace since 2017. 

Mercedes give them equal equipment and treatment, provided that they are the only ones leading without any threat from behind. However this year, Bottas has been bulljiving and costing Mercedes 1-2’s. He already cost them in Hungary, Spain and now Italy. As a Mercedes fan, it has been really frustrating. I mean... last race, Mercedes were clearly the class of the field, and he reacted so slowly to the lights at the start. Then his pace... Unless he had damage, that was just the worst performance of him I have ever seen. Your teammate has just gotten a 35 second penalty just after a restart, and he finished two places behind you, and 10 seconds behind? Within less than 30 laps? Man... if this race was 10 laps longer, Hamilton could have finished just behind him or maybe even overtaken him. Hamilton’s fastest lap was 1.1 seconds quicker than anyone on hard tyres, and on lap 34. Let that sink in. Unless he had damage, which I suspect he did, because we need to wait until today for Mercedes in the pure pit wall, that was bulljiving at maximum. 

Edited by Krisperfectline

2 hours ago, JonnyHoonit said:

And this right here is the actual problem with Ferrari in F1.

Isn't really Binotto, but after the death of Marchionne we have a couple of bosses (Camilleri and Elkann) that don't care at all about performances. They care only about money and profits (and from a business-only view, they're actually right).

So yeah, it's more possible that Ferrari will do anything for trying to preserve some force in the F1 Game than actually build some proper F1 cars in the next couple of years

• Like 2

13 hours ago, pspps1 said:

Isn't really Binotto, but after the death of Marchionne we have a couple of bosses (Camilleri and Elkann) that don't care at all about performances.

Only Marchionne was a true passionate of F1 and Ferrari foremost. Can't say same for those who in charge of Scuderia now.

One thing I wonder which I've not seen mentioned about the performance patch. Haas and Williams "should" be buffed so they're about on par with Alfa. Assuming that's the case, I should hope that your My Team car should also be buffed so you don't have to start dead last all the time.

I'd prefer really they just allow us to pick which team we start equal to so if you want to start at the back, do that, want to be mid pack then pick Renault. But if you'd like to do a Brawn GP style then you can set yourself equal to Merc. Better that than the random upgrades at the start interview.

Edited by Liaveil

On 9/6/2020 at 6:26 PM, Tomasslb24 said:

We have had many races. 1 race shouldn’t make us have to wait so long for a performance update 

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

We have had many races. 1 race shouldn’t make us have to wait so long for a performance update 

You clearly didn't understand what I was saying.

You have different tracks that requires different setups and consequently different performances. Not only that, the drivers make the difference too.

If you compare the performance of the ferrari in austria/silverstone with monza/spa you clearly see that overall the car was slower. And the same happens to AT, McLaren and Renault, but for the best.

So they need to have a lot, and when I say a lot, is really A LOT of info to make the performance as precise and balanced (for a better experience) as possible.

PS: We had 8 grand prix, but only 6 different tracks. With the performance patch coming in mid-october, if im not wrong, we'll have more 3 different tracks (mugello, russia and nurburgring), so 9 tracks, which is equivalent to 651 laps and around 3.078.655 KM raced.

PS.2: F1 2019 came out in 25th June, that was 8 grand prix later of the start of the championship of that season. F1 18 came out 12 grand prix later. So technically they have the right to take this time for the performance patch.

Edited by Tomasslb24
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

23 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

You clearly didn't understand what I was saying.

You have different tracks that requires different setups and consequently different performances. Not only that, the drivers make the difference too.

If you compare the performance of the ferrari in austria/silverstone with monza/spa you clearly see that overall the car was slower. And the same happens to AT, McLaren and Renault, but for the best.

So they need to have a lot, and when I say a lot, is really A LOT of info to make the performance as precise and balanced (for a better experience) as possible.

PS: We had 8 grand prix, but only 6 different tracks. With the performance patch coming in mid-october, if im not wrong, we'll have more 3 different tracks (mugello, russia and nurburgring), so 9 tracks, which is equivalent to 651 laps and around 3.078.655 KM raced.

PS.2: F1 2019 came out in 25th June, that was 8 grand prix later of the start of the championship of that season. F1 18 came out 12 grand prix later. So technically they have the right to take this time for the performance patch.

It’s clear Ferrari aren’t fast so they should be nerfed it isn’t rocket science. Stop giving Codemasters excuses 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

It’s clear Ferrari aren’t fast so they should be nerfed it isn’t rocket science. Stop giving Codemasters excuses 

Of course they will be, but F1 is not only Ferrari there is more 9 teams to update.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:33 AM, Andy0040 said:

In patch 1.08 My Team mode Ferrari always takes podium😅

11 races out of 22 passed in the career "my team"
it's impossible to take a sober view of the individual classification ...
Alfa Romeo Kimi and 2 Ferraris ...
god ...

PotPlayerMini64_2020-09-11_09-25-57.thumb.png.5bf922a02e9b6cbed14cd65214f69e1a.png

8 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Of course they will be, but F1 is not only Ferrari there is more 9 teams to update.

Indeed. Also Codemasters need to decide and implement precisely how to 'nerf' (stupid term!) the Ferrari car's performance. 

• Agree 1