Jump to content
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

Recommended Posts

and another race gone....watching Charles get overtaken like a turtle on the main straigth in 5 consecutive laps by 5 different teams was painful.

Even after the 2nd red fllag and the last restart the car clearly didn't have the pace to go pass Kimi or pull away from George, if it wasn't for the 5secs penalty Kimi would have ended ahead of them.

 

Then I jump to the game and have Charles leading the WDC and making poles left and right...

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is as much chance of Ferrari getting nerfed in this game as there was of them getting punished for cheating for 2 seasons. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one cannot understand why a performance patch takes so damn long

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, naim786 said:

I for one cannot understand why a performance patch takes so damn long

cuz they have to get data...and it has to be from more that few races   to get good understanding where ever car is placed on the grid the look for more complex data and numbers than just watching races i reckon so yea that;s why 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 3:08 PM, Ultra3142 said:

Indeed. Also Codemasters need to decide and implement precisely how to 'nerf' (stupid term!) the Ferrari car's performance. 

I am interested in this. I think their engine and drag will be drastically nerfed. I am not sure about their chassis or aero downforce. I think their tyre wear must be nerfed, but not sure about aero and weight performance. This will be quite tough to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Krisperfectline said:

I am interested in this. I think their engine and drag will be drastically nerfed. I am not sure about their chassis or aero downforce. I think their tyre wear must be nerfed, but not sure about aero and weight performance. This will be quite tough to be honest. 

For sure that the engine and the chassis are one of the problems of that car. About durability and aero, probably nerfed too but not as much as the engine and the chassis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sergey_blackbird said:

tus_race_top_10.svgL

Few things to note:

Grosjean and Räikkönen drove with a damaged car from lap 1. Stroll's pace in this chart was affected by him not running with new softs and a light fuel load at the end because of his crash.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, janbonator said:

Grosjean and Räikkönen drove with a damaged car from lap 1. Stroll's pace in this chart was affected by him not running with new softs and a light fuel load at the end because of his crash.

Meaning thank god I get to just enjoy the game and don't have to deal with prickly consumers or tricky data evaluation and coding.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 7:46 PM, BarryBL said:

Exactly @AllenB2609, we couldn't. The issue is, when the game got into that phase, we had limited pre-season data to use rather than the scheduled 8 race weekends (so practice, quali and full races) we would've had.

Take Austria for the easiest example. All numbers are very rough. 71 laps in race, A race programme for each driver - Assume another 71 laps in Practice, Other practice programs - 50 laps, 5 laps in Quali, Per Driver = 197 laps. Round that to 200. Per driver. 4000 laps per race weekend. 

So 3000-4000 laps per weekend x 8 races we would've had data for - Between 24,000 and 32,000 laps of data we didn't have this year to judge performance off before release.

So we had to base it on the next best logical thing. Looks like it wasn't totally accurate, but to be expected. It is a very exceptional circumstance to have the game release the same time the season starts, because season starting is a great unknown to everyone. Remember, we have builds the game far before the planned Austria GP.

 

Will it be updated soon in October?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 3:13 PM, ZtwoA said:

cuz they have to get data...and it has to be from more that few races   to get good understanding where ever car is placed on the grid the look for more complex data and numbers than just watching races i reckon so yea that;s why 

If I'm not mistaken, they also need to get authorization from the parts involved to make these changes, so it's not that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it's soon. I quit my old career save weeks ago and have been waiting to start afresh with the correct performances. Tying myself in knots waiting for it. 😁

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope they add it soon. Its been how many months tho. But i like how they wanna get bugs fixed. I remember the past few years they got bitched at for not fixing them fast enough. I hope the Performance patch is a big update so its worth the wait haha. But in already in season 2 now (that or 3 been a couple weeks since ive played) and Ferrari and Redbull dropped so the patch for me wouldn't be big (even tho Ferrari power unit teams will drop more). Just keep the work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so overdue... October 2020 and we are playing with 2019 performance values, still. What was that reason again we buy a full priced game every season? Ah, I see...

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve only had 9 races, which is about as many as we would have had when the game came out if Covid had not happened. The performance patch does not usually drop on day 1 from what I recall, and you need varying tracks to get an idea of how the cars differ from track to track. Sooooo while it is October, it is not that unreasonable to not have had a performance patch. And since I play My Team and Career exclusively- the patch is meaningless after a few races anyway.

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aef251 said:

We’ve only had 9 races, which is about as many as we would have had when the game came out if Covid had not happened. The performance patch does not usually drop on day 1 from what I recall, and you need varying tracks to get an idea of how the cars differ from track to track. Sooooo while it is October, it is not that unreasonable to not have had a performance patch. And since I play My Team and Career exclusively- the patch is meaningless after a few races anyway.

You clearly didn't understand what I was saying.

You have different tracks that requires different setups and consequently different performances. Not only that, the drivers make the difference too.

If you compare the performance of the ferrari in austria/silverstone with monza/spa you clearly see that overall the car was slower. And the same happens to AT, McLaren and Renault, but for the best.

So they need to have a lot, and when I say a lot, is really A LOT of info to make the performance as precise and balanced (for a better experience) as possible.

PS: We had 8 grand prix, but only 6 different tracks. With the performance patch coming in mid-october, if im not wrong, we'll have more 3 different tracks (mugello, russia and nurburgring), so 9 tracks, which is equivalent to 651 laps and around 3.078.655 KM raced.

 

PS.2: F1 2019 came out in 25th June, that was 8 grand prix later of the start of the championship of that season. F1 18 came out 12 grand prix later. So technically they have the right to take this time for the performance patch.

 

 

Already talked about it. This was an answer i gave to someone some time ago. Tough I want the performance patch, i think it can be game breaking but really hope not.

Maybe we could get it this next monday (5th october), because we gonna have tracks that we don't have in-game, however performance may be important to evaluate a little bit more and they said mid-october. But.....if not monday, maybe after nurburgring.

Edited by Tomasslb24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Concerning performance values in general - why not have some sort of sliders for engine power, that we can fiddle ourselves with? Sure, it is not that easy, but that way developers will not violate any obligations which might hinder them to come up with the patch, plus they buy themselves a lot more time, might spare them a ton of work, too. Who knows, if community can experiment with engine data in the game, maybe that even turns out positive in the end, with a set of values that receive general acknowledgement? Are engine values open to modding, where are the values stored and how can we access them, if this does not happen from Codemasters themselves?

Edited by Schneehase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Concerning performance values in general - why not have some sort of sliders for engine power, that we can fiddle ourselves with? Sure, it is not that easy, but that way developers will not violate any obligations which might hinder them to come up with the patch, plus they buy themselves a lot more time, might spare them a ton of work, too. Who knows, if community can experiment with engine data in the game, maybe that even turns out positive in the end, with a set of values that receive general acknowledgement? Are engine values open to modding, where are the values stored and how can we access them, if this does not happen from Codemasters themselves?

Actually, there's no way this happens because it's far more complex than just adding sliders as there'd have to be code that ties cost to the changes made.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The state of some of the comments on here. Don’t bother reading the thread or understanding how this works. 
 

Codies will also have to get this signed off by all the teams. Will Ferrari want to look as bad on the game as IRL?
 

It has become clearer but to get it right they want as much data as possible. 
 

Guarantee that they’ll be people moaning things haven’t been done right even when it arrives. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×