F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

Even the F1 game itself is controlled by the politics of the big F1 teams. More randomness in team/driver performances would be great for the game. And to be honest, I don’t want the new team performances with Mercedes at p1 and p2 almost every race. 

Several sliders to adjust team/driver/randomness settings would be great (for solo game mode). It was already possible in the Grand Prix series of early 2000’s. Maybe it was mod (not sure)but it was easy to adjust the settings yourself. 

• Agree 2

Ferrari just confusing everyone in codemasters for the performance patch smh. 

Already said that it's not only the car performance that needs to be updated but the drivers stats too. 

• Thanks 1

Performance update coming just as it looks like Ferrari are turning there performance around a little bit 😂

• Haha 1

ger_race_top_10.svg

Ferrari's pace in quali was a hoax. In the race Ricciardo was slower by 1.5 sec to Hamilton per lap, Leclerc was even slower as per usual by more than 2 sec per lap! 

• Like 1

I wonder if Codemasters F1 license allows them to change engine / car performance at all, since

a) there is no other obvious reason for delaying performance updates for so long and
b) moderator Barry mentioned elsewhere, that they would not be allowed to change pitlane order of teams under the license they bought

If so, please make engine performance moddable for us, so we can fiddle our own engine performance into the game, at least in "my team" mode. I would rather have fantasy engine supplier names with somewhat realistic 2020 performance values, than sticking with a Ferrari team in game that is a match for mercedes in nearly every race. Even randomised car and engine performance with every new season was better than it is now.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Schneehase said:

b) moderator Barry mentioned elsewhere, that they would not be allowed to change pitlane order of teams under the license they bought

I actually don't understand this... Each season your garage moves to where you finished in the constructors the season before. Why is that excluded from the license? Did Mercedes not want to give up their pit garage spot?

8 hours ago, Schneehase said:

a) there is no other obvious reason for delaying performance updates for so long

Yes, there is. It's called Covid not allowing the season to start on time. If I remember correctly, the game was released before the season season started, meaning CM had no current performance data whatsoever at the time. Yes, they may have had data from winter testing, but that was five or six months old at release, if they had it.

• Disagree 2

4 hours ago, hsf said:

I actually don't understand this... Each season your garage moves to where you finished in the constructors the season before. Why is that excluded from the license? Did Mercedes not want to give up their pit garage spot?

I remember in previous F1 games this was definitely a thing that changed, and it's something that would freshen the next season up if you did well, i.e. not be rubbish with Williams and not have to crawl to the end of the pitlane next season. :classic_biggrin: It's something that's always been done, so why it's not in the game this year I don't know. Pretty meh if you're doing MyTeam, you especially want to see the change in the heirarchy in the pitlane to reflect the rise (or fall) of your team.

Well, they've only got a couple more days to fulfil the "first half of October" claim. 

Edited by HDR10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, s00zster said:

Pretty meh if you're doing MyTeam, you especially want to see the change in the heirarchy in the pitlane to reflect the rise (or fall) of your team.

Exactly!

18 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Yes, there is. It's called Covid not allowing the season to start on time. If I remember correctly, the game was released before the season season started, meaning CM had no current performance data whatsoever at the time. Yes, they may have had data from winter testing, but that was five or six months old at release, if they had it.

Actually, I would have to agree on this, you certainly have a point there. If nothing else, they probably did not want to judge too early after the first few (delayed) races, so while all of us have the impression that Ferrari (engines) are nowhere in RL, while they lead and win in the game, they might not have had enough data early enough to solve this. I sincerely hope though, that this problem will not persist and that the incoming Ferrari nerf will be as harsh as the RL effect of the past races and training sessions. I would still prefer to set engine performance myself with sliders of typing in some simple data (it is just 4 manufaturers, no?) but you cant have everything.

• Disagree 1

You know, I've told others to be patient here and give Codies the benefit of the doubt on this patch but now this is getting ridiculous.   Early on when folks were clamoring for it and demanding it it was quite easy to sit back and say ok, give them time to gather some real world data like they normally do, etc. etc.   

That time has passed now IMO.  This game has been out since July.  The first race was July 3.  11 of the 17 races are now in the history books with only 6 races remaining in the season.   This is ridiculous now. If it's licensing/F1 politics issues holding this up, I dont care anymore for that excuse either.  You've had 3 months and 11 races to sort this out.  IIRC the performance patch is never after 11 of 22 races in a regular season, so there's just no excuse at this point.   I'm not even giving them the Covid excuse anymore because 3 months have passed.   I know we've had 10 other patches or so already, so work is being done and that's great and appreciated it.  However, for this to still be dragging on it's getting a bit ridiculous.

I'm in season 6 of My Team, still playing with outdated F2 drivers.  We still dont have the F2 season update either and the season is almost over. By the time this gets released I'll be about ready to shelf the game already because I've played so much of it. Not so sure I want to start all over again with another My Team that late into the cycle.   They've really dropped the ball here IMO.  I know they're still on schedule (for a few more days anyways) with their first half of october timeline, but this long just wasn't well thought out IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 5

9 hours ago, petro1319 said:

You know, I've told others to be patient here and give Codies the benefit of the doubt on this patch but now this is getting ridiculous.   Early on when folks were clamoring for it and demanding it it was quite easy to sit back and say ok, give them time to gather some real world data like they normally do, etc. etc.   

That time has passed now IMO.  This game has been out since July.  The first race was July 3.  11 of the 17 races are now in the history books with only 6 races remaining in the season.   This is ridiculous now. If it's licensing/F1 politics issues holding this up, I dont care anymore for that excuse either.  You've had 3 months and 11 races to sort this out.  IIRC the performance patch is never after 11 of 22 races in a regular season, so there's just no excuse at this point.   I'm not even giving them the Covid excuse anymore because 3 months have passed.   I know we've had 10 other patches or so already, so work is being done and that's great and appreciated it.  However, for this to still be dragging on it's getting a bit ridiculous.

I'm in season 6 of My Team, still playing with outdated F2 drivers.  We still dont have the F2 season update either and the season is almost over. By the time this gets released I'll be about ready to shelf the game already because I've played so much of it. Not so sure I want to start all over again with another My Team that late into the cycle.   They've really dropped the ball here IMO.  I know they're still on schedule (for a few more days anyways) with their first half of october timeline, but this long just wasn't well thought out IMO.

My perferred view has always been middle of this month, say 12th-18th, rather than "first half".

the two cm employees that still work on F1 trying their best.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

My perferred view has always been middle of this month, say 12th-18th, rather than "first half".

I think most patches came out on monday, iirc.
So lets wait what happens on 19th 😄

17 minutes ago, mikyesposto95 said:

tonight in e-sports the drivers are using the new patch

something to say about this @BarryBL?

If it's true its kinda strage! Normally in esports they are a patch behind the game because of bugs and things like that.

New version of the patch is in testing according to SteamDB. Guessing it'll be up Monday, *hoping* it'll be up Friday.

38 minutes ago, mikyesposto95 said:

tonight in e-sports the drivers are using the new patch

They're using an Esports build with 35% race distance. There would be no benefit from a performance update in a MP race as performance is equal. There may have been advertising updates to trackside (I'm not that anal to go look at the two tracks to compare).

From the footage;

Spectator cam engine audio bug still present.

L2 Interval bug still present.

I'd like to ask a question of anyone that knows at CM - I know the broadcast centre is usually host (and the LAN mode is used) but tonight's game seemed very stable despite all the participants not being at the Gfinity. Were you using a dedicated server? 

In a less critical / operational observation, what was the comms setup for the team radio as there were clearly spotters. Did you use more slots? 20 cars and maybe 40-50 slots for spectators? Or did they use other comms? I don't think for a second it was Steam game chat - so come on what was the comms software and what was the setup. Or were the spotters just watching the livestream? I'd tend to say they were using spectator cam as race engineer.

Of course, the caveat is that none of these features in the Esports build will make the public game build in patch 12....or ever.

But I'd like to congratulate everyone on a slick presentation of the ProSeries Rounds 1 & 2 - far better than the Virtual/NotTheGP broadcasts which were frankly both embarassing and damaging.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Stanno usando una build Esports con il 35% della distanza di gara. Non ci sarebbe alcun vantaggio da un aggiornamento delle prestazioni in una gara MP poiché le prestazioni sono uguali. Potrebbero esserci stati aggiornamenti pubblicitari a bordo pista (non sono così anale da andare a guardare le due tracce per confrontare).

Dal metraggio;

Bug audio del motore della camma dello spettatore ancora presente.

Bug dell'intervallo L2 ancora presente.

Vorrei fare una domanda a chiunque sappia in CM - so che il centro di trasmissione di solito è host (e viene utilizzata la modalità LAN) ma il gioco di stasera sembrava molto stabile nonostante tutti i partecipanti non fossero al Gfinity. Stavi usando un server dedicato? 

In un'osservazione meno critica / operativa, qual era la configurazione delle comunicazioni per la radio del team in quanto c'erano chiaramente degli spotter. Hai usato più slot? 20 macchine e forse 40-50 posti per gli spettatori? O usavano altre comunicazioni? Non penso per un secondo che sia stata la chat del gioco Steam, quindi andiamo qual era il software di comunicazione e qual era la configurazione. O gli spotter stavano solo guardando il live streaming? Tenderei a dire che stavano usando la telecamera dello spettatore come ingegnere di gara.

Ovviamente, l'avvertenza è che nessuna di queste funzionalità nella build Esports renderà il gioco pubblico build nella patch 12 ... o mai più.

Ma vorrei congratularmi con tutti per l'ottima presentazione dei ProSeries Round 1 e 2 - molto meglio delle trasmissioni Virtual / NotTheGP che erano francamente sia imbarazzanti che dannose.

no my keen eye has noticed some Ferrari aero updates and the removal of the weichai sponsor

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikyesposto95 said:

no my keen eye has noticed some Ferrari aero updates and the removal of the weichai sponsor

That can be purely graphical and have zero effect on the performance. From that (footage) we'll never know.

• Like 1

The Esports build was updated several times up until a few days ago, and the full patch version is now up to Patch 13, as of this evening.

You can check here: https://steamdb.info/app/1080110/history/

I've been in the habit of checking it every day and chewing my fingers to the bone with impatience. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by s00zster
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, s00zster said:

The Esports build was updated several times up until a few days ago, and the full patch version is now up to Patch 13, as of this evening.

I kind of guessed there wouldn't be a patch after about 14:00 today when I played. Haven't checked the SteamDB since last week, maybe patch 12 will go the way of 11! 🙂

hate to speculate but according to steamdb the previous patches were released on: Thursday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday. so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a Monday is looking real likely.  

7 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

hate to speculate but according to steamdb the previous patches were released on: Thursday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday. so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a Monday is looking real likely.  

Looking forward to a fresh batch of new bugs next week then

• Haha 5