F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

47 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

hate to speculate but according to steamdb the previous patches were released on: Thursday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday. so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a Monday is looking real likely.  

Was the Thursday patch the first one just to ensure the Schumacher exclusive access was as buggy as possible just before everyone else got access? 😄

September 17th, fixed time trial, my fault I did it in reverse order

Edited by smalls048

And in the end the update only brings bugfixes, but no performance update 😄

So let's assume there's really a performance update and Ferrari will be #4 or #5 in the power ranking. Will this update apply to a running league as well? We're in the middle of a season and my friend is running a Ferrari. Since I got my ass whooped in pretty much every race, it would be awesome if he suddenly loses 1-1.5 sec per lap. 

24 minutes ago, Wades said:

Where is the goddamn PERFORMANCE PATCH !? WE ARE IN THE FIRST HALF OF OCTOBER, CODEMASTERS !! I've been waiting nicely since july 10, so now move your lazy ass and BRING OUT THE ******* PERFORMANCE PATCH !!

Judging by CM's update history, it'll be the 19th, which is—indeed—the second half of the month. However, if you'd have subscribed to my mid-October (12th-18th) frame, you wouldn't be this upset about it.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

22 minutes ago, Wades said:

Where is the goddamn PERFORMANCE PATCH !? WE ARE IN THE FIRST HALF OF OCTOBER, CODEMASTERS !! I've been waiting nicely since july 10, so now move your lazy ass and BRING OUT THE ******* PERFORMANCE PATCH !!

I know right.. I’m not sure if they’re intentionally lying, or just incompetent. 

And how much are you willing to bet that the next update.. if it finally arrives, breaks something else. 

The F2 2020 update is also a mystery. 

Not even an update, apology or an explanation... seriously!?

The lack of communication is appalling.

Just look at their Twitter, every post is followed by dozens of complaints and hatefull reactions. Nobody cares.

Meanwhile the gameplay bug page is at 84 pages!!! WHAT?!? 😱

In the mean time they’re just working on getting more liveries in the store for you to buy.. (with the holidays just around the corner) you know, the number one priority in a racing game!! 😝

...And id1ots like myself keep buying the game.. well I’m done.. I’m so sick of Codemasters atm. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

Which would probably explain the delay. @BarryBL said they wanted to squeeze a few more fixes in. If they hadn't, there would be people complaining "Why didn't you fix this?" They can't win, really.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

I know right.. I’m not sure if they’re intentionally lying, or just incompetent. 

And how much are you willing to bet that the next update.. if it finally arrives, breaks something else. 

The F2 2020 update is also a mystery. 

Not even an update, apology or an explanation... seriously!?

The lack of communication is appalling.

Just look at their Twitter, every post is followed by dozens of complaints and hatefull reactions. Nobody cares.

In the mean time they’re just working on getting more liveries in the store for you to buy.. (with the holidays just around the corner) you know, the number one priority in a racing game!! 😝

...And id1ots like myself keep buying the game.. well I’m done.. I’m so sick of Codemasters atm. 

As I've stated before, the bug section's length comes from people not using the search feature, expecially early on, and putting the same bug or extrememly similar bugs in in different topics.

1 minute ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

As I've stated before, the bug section's length comes from people not using the search feature, expecially early on, and putting the same bug or extrememly similar bugs in in different topics.

That's true, but there are also bugs reported as "fixed" when they are not.

22 minutes ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Maybe.. and here’s just a crazy idea.. they should fix them! Preferably before releasing the game 😉

And even if it was “just” a quarter of the amount it is now, it still would be way to much. 

I really don’t see the point in defending these guys anymore. And this is coming from a long time Codemasters fan.

Edited by StanleyGoodspeed

14 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

Maybe.. and here’s just a crazy idea.. they should fix them! Preferably before releasing the game 😉

And even if it was “just” a quarter of the amount it is now, it still would be way to much. 

I really don’t see the point in defending these guys anymore. And this is coming from a long time Codemasters fan.

The game got released before the beta was done, let alone our opinions about it asked. 
That should tell you enough about how important releasing a working game is to them..

And then launch came and all they cared about was getting the in-game-purchase store to work.. even though that's the LAST thing they should have worried about. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

The game got released before the beta was done, let alone our opinions about it asked. 
That should tell you enough about how important releasing a working game is to them..

And then launch came and all they cared about was getting the in-game-purchase store to work.. even though that's the LAST thing they should have worried about. 

Unfortunately it looks rather obvious that CM has followed a trend in the gaming industry where the beta is for marketing the game, not finding flaws and fixing them.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Sadly this is true. It was clear from the start that My Team was solely designed for this purpose. 

On 9/10/2020 at 11:29 PM, Tomasslb24 said:

Of course they will be, but F1 is not only Ferrari there is more 9 teams to update.

I think most people in July had their performance order as:

Merc

RBR

Racing Farce

McLaren

Ferrari

Renault

Alpha Tauri

Haas

Williams

Alfa Romeo

Only thing that needs to change is bump Renault up to 3rd/4th and bump Williams down and you've got the ideal performances.

As far as team performance is concerned, it has to be remembered the impact COVID has had on development. Test sessions in February and then nothing for 5 months, they've had nothing to go on, and now it's been the task of collecting as much accurate data as possible over the races that have occurred to make sure the teams are performing at a regular level and that no dips or peaks are blip events. For example, Renault have improved over the past few races, so they now may have to reconsider their standing slightly.

In the past, the performance patch has usually come around October-November anyway, things haven't really changed in that respect.

In my case, I haven't played the game in over a month because it was off-putting to have Ferrari winning things, and then it's announced that a Performance Patch is in the works. Immediately, the psychological effect of that is to stop playing until the patch is out, because otherwise "there's no point". It's like the game suddenly feels out of date, specifically due to the dramatic slump of one major team.

Edited by s00zster

I'm not playing until the performance patch, and that's been another month.  Here in Brazil the game is very expensive, around R $ 300, you buy at launch and the game comes full of bugs.  They could give a date for the performance patch, but no, they keep posting colors for the cars, or "send your photos".  I am one who no longer buys the game at launch.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Turtlemoose said:

I think most people in July had their performance order as:

Merc

RBR

Racing Farce

McLaren

Ferrari

Renault

Alpha Tauri

Haas

Williams

Alfa Romeo

Only thing that needs to change is bump Renault up to 3rd/4th and bump Williams down and you've got the ideal performances.

I am not too sure a fixed performance order is what we would want in the first place. If we had that, all race results would be more or less the same (on the other hand, that is what fans of RL F1 seem to complain the most, concerning podiums, at least). A better solution for your "myteam" mode might be to create groups of teams, which belong into the same ballpark. It could look something like this, note that i do not claim this being the best or correct order of things:

ballpark a) team / car able to win races "on their own" (Mercedes, RedBull)

ballpark b) team / car able to score podiums, or rarely win a race if all goes well or during races with changing conditions (Ferrari, RacingPoint, McLaren, Renault, gotta add AlphaTauri since they won a race)

ballpark c) team / car struggling for points all season (Haas, AlfaRomeo, Williams)

Hmm, might be the wrong thread here to post this in, so where in the world (when) will we get this long thought after performance patch?

This is verging on disgraceful from Codemasters. They’ve constantly reassured us the performance patch would be out in the first half of October. Now we’re only hours away from that time frame being over there’s nothing. And to make it worse they’ve completely stopped all communication. 

This was posted Monday in another thread, I'm assuming many of you haven't seen it:

They technically have until 11:59am tomorrow until they have failed to reach their own deadline.

17 minutes ago, Gladystonff said:

I am one who no longer buys the game at launch

That is probably the best advice for gamers who want to save a little bit on their game expenses. Especially with annual full price games like with F1, where the price drops -50% after the first few months after release. If I recall correctly, that was the way they hooked me up to this series though (with F1 2018, or was it). It also works wonders versus companies who are too sloppy in fixing their bugs and tend to overflow their games with more and more features (DLCs) they cannot keep up with patching = Paradox Interactive, Stellaris, anyone?!?

Edited by Schneehase

7 minutes ago, s00zster said:

This was posted Monday in another thread, I'm assuming many of you haven't seen it:

The fact that they don't come with that information on their own but it needs to get asked time and time again (and STILL we're not getting any actual answers) 
speaks volumes. Although it is hopefull that the patch also contains fixes...

But a "sorry guys! it's gonna be a little while longer because we also want to get This and this and this and that fix in! bear with us!"

Wouldn't be out of place.

IMO you can postpone all you want. as long as you TELL people and not keep quiet about it and only answer when things get asked 100 times over.

Edited by Bicarda
  • Thanks 1

In the end it results in some kind of PR desaster, when you raise hopes naming a release date (1st half of October) but then you hit the 15th of the month without revealing any more information. Personally i would think that a lot of customers would prefer to have some depressing information ("sorry folks, patch had to be delayed past the upcoming weekend, we will update you again on monday about the situation, please bear with us") rather than having no information at all.

On the subject fixes versus performance patch i do not see why this has to be related. If you wanted to alter engine powers, you type the new values in and hit release, shouldnt interact with any bug related features, should it.

Edited by Schneehase