F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Performance Patch coming soon?

Any news on a performance patch? Hoping perhaps this week or day 1 patch.

Think the performance should be similar to this:

Mercedes

Red Bull

Racing Point

McLaren

Ferrari

Renault

Alpha Tauri

Alfa Romeo

Haas

Williams

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Let’s wait for Hungary, where pace in slow speed corners matters most, to complete a picture.

Austria has showed that Ferrari engines are miles away from Mercedes. Williams was the slowest car on track, at least they have a company at the bottom now. 😬

Edited by sergey_blackbird
  • Agree 5

Normally they had at least 10 races in the bags before release so the data was quite accurate in the last year's. 

I remember horrors of F1 2005 when they released in Spring and expected that Ferrari will catch up and balanced then quite high and not ever accurate to the reality.

The problem is that we don't really know how much useable data can be gathered in which amount of time. 

A quick fix could be to integrate the ratings FOM used during the coverage of the Austrian GP which was provided by Amazon Web Services in those inserts where they compared different stats scaled 1-10 (down to 1 decimal).

Posted (edited)

Patch 1.03 came out today and racing point have been moved up and Alfa Romeo have been moved down 

Edited by mykalboi
  • Agree 1

Aarava said that racing point seemed a lot better after installing the patch 

CE1F143D-40E7-431C-8086-91B4E94DFE41.png

27 minutes ago, mykalboi said:

Patch 1.03 came out today and racing point have been moved up and Alfa Romeo have been moved down 

Might be the case,  but Ferrari won my first 2 races of the season.

Do performance patches affect the performance of the cars if you already started a save?

For example, if I started MyTeam and Ferrari were really good, would they suddenly be worse in that same MyTeam Save file or would it only take effect on a new MyTeam?

• Like 1

I believe you have the option whether to use the patch or not.

ferrari should be 100% below redbull maybe tie with mclaren

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, GTRaser.at said:

Normally they had at least 10 races in the bags before release so the data was quite accurate in the last year's.

Last year they made it wrong, in fact.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, GTRaser.at said:

yup anyway the ferrari was the most stable car ingame and mercedes had the best engine which was totally wrong.

hopefully they adjust things this time better and way sooner, otherwise its again far from reality.

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Like 1

Can I remind everyone that the only thing Codemasters had to go by was the pre season testing due to covid 19. Now we had a race give them some leeway

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, smalls048 said:

I believe you have the option whether to use the patch or not.

You don't on PC.

2 minutes ago, breezyskells22 said:

Can I remind everyone that the only thing Codemasters had to go by was the pre season testing due to covid 19. Now we had a race give them some leeway

Nothing hugely has changed since. Most teams showed what was more or less was clear in testing.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, breezyskells22 said:

Can I also rember you that the winter tests where disastrous for Ferrari. Looking at the winter tests the outcome for engines where

- Mercedes

- Honda

- Ferrari

- Renault

Not Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault and Honda. I don't know what happened but I hope Codemasters will change the ranking, because now it's just not right.

Edited by FracturedToad
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

CM have stated that it wasn't just winter testing that performance was based on. It was the end of last year, plus winter testing and predicted data.

Not a perfect science but what else could they do? They've also said that it is not a quick thing to update performance data.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CarloLewis said:

CM have stated that it wasn't just winter testing that performance was based on. It was the end of last year, plus winter testing and predicted data.

Not a perfect science but what else could they do? They've also said that it is not a quick thing to update performance data.

Then again at the end of last year the Ferrari engine was not better then the Mercedes engine.

If you look at the whole year Mercedes was the better engine not Ferrari. I don't know what happened, but they need to fix it as soon as possible. 

Mercedes won from the 21 races 15, Ferrari 3 and Honda 3. Sorry to say but it's just not right.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Haas should be in front of Alfa Romeo

1. Mercedes
2. Red Bull
3. Racing Point
4. McLaren
5. Ferrari
6. Renault
7. Alpha Tauri
8. Haas
9. Alfa Romeo
10. Williams

Edited by AllenB2609
  • Agree 1

To manage expectations here (fortunately users have already done this), we have the winter testing data and 1 race to work off at the moment in terms of an update. I'd also question the race, as 9 cars didn't finish (which is very odd for modern F1) so we wouldn't have known their true respective ranking to others.

Making the performance order as realistic as possible is a aim of ours, but given world circumstances, it may take some time to establish a 'pecking order' with some limited knowledge. This is because usually, by the point of game release, there is a understood hierarchy of teams and drivers as we've had a number of races and 1000's of laps completed. 

Not the case this year.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

1 minute ago, Gallearsc said:

So whe shall we expect a update @BarryBL like Mercedes livery etc

At some point yes. 

• Like 1

Just now, BarryBL said:

At some point yes. 

Thanks @BarryBLas got my skills I learned in beta to use 🤣

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

To manage expectations here (fortunately users have already done this), we have the winter testing data and 1 race to work off at the moment in terms of an update. I'd also question the race, as 9 cars didn't finish (which is very odd for modern F1) so we wouldn't have known their true respective ranking to others.

Making the performance order as realistic as possible is a aim of ours, but given world circumstances, it may take some time to establish a 'pecking order' with some limited knowledge. This is because usually, by the point of game release, there is a understood hierarchy of teams and drivers as we've had a number of races and 1000's of laps completed. 

Not the case this year.

Okay, but one thing is that Ferrari is number one, that can't be.

They only won 3 races last year same as Honda, had performance reductions last races, winter tests where awfull. How can it be that Ferrari is/was the number one in engine?

Same with Honda versus Renault. Renault never won a race, was less reliable last year and with the winter test they didn't outperform Honda in the wintertests.

The game is great and this can be fixed, but those 2 things are just very weird.

Edited by FracturedToad
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, FracturedToad said:

Okay, but one thing is that Ferrari is number one, that can't be.

They only won 3 races last year same as Honda, had performance reductions last races, winter tests where awfull. How can it be that Ferrari is/was the number one in engine?

Same with Honda versus Renault. Renault never won a race, was less reliable last year and with the winter test they didn't outperform Honda in the wintertests.

The game is great and this can be fixed, but those 2 things are just very weird. 

In terms of engine this is, because Mercedes are number 1 in terms of performance.

It would be based on top speeds from last year, where Ferrari were the quickest engine by quite a distance towards the end of the season. So, from our only reliable data set (last years races), Ferrari's were quickest in engine power alone. Winning a race involves much, much more than simply engine power. 

Which answers your Renault vs Honda question too. Renault's best chassis is either McLaren or Renault, compared to Red Bull's (which is historically the top 1/top 2 of the grid)

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

In terms of engine this is, because Mercedes are number 1 in terms of performance.

It would be based on top speeds from last year, where Ferrari were the quickest engine by quite a distance towards the end of the season. So, from our only reliable data set (last years races), Ferrari's were quickest in engine power alone. Winning a race involves much, much more than simply engine power. 

Which answers your Renault vs Honda question too. Renault's best chassis is either McLaren or Renault, compared to Red Bull's (which is historically the top 1/top 2 of the grid)

how can you judge this year's engine power by last year's performance? It's a brand new season with new engines!! Pre Season testing and first race weekend at Austria clearly showed that all Ferrari teams were struggling with power this year and lacking speed. Ferrari is nowhere near last year.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3