F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Any news on the Neutral button

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL Any news regarding the Neutral button and the ability to prevent going into Neutral from 1st gear by accident, that we discussed during the Beta, as it was being looked into by the team 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

I think about the way to reverse in this question.

In real F1 they keep the downshift paddle down for a longer time (1,5 sec is a number I heard once) and then the reverse is in. But I don't know if they go from first to reverse with the clutch or go to neutral and then in reverse. But I believe it's the latter one. 

But adding the option to map that would also require a modification to the driving aids about the gearbox. A new option would need to be added called something like 'Auto-Neutral' to choose between those suggested options.

Posted (edited)

I notice that Hamilton holds his left hand behind wheel when doing either practice or real starts.

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON

Posted (edited)

yeah that seems to be his most favoured position to control his clutch

Edited by Nightfire1964

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL Giving this a bump as its still a nightmare at corners like the hairpin at Monaco 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1

By design at the moment, and something we don't feel would be a hugely valuable implementation at this time, especially compared to the amount of changes we would have to make to add. However, I've added as a suggestion for future titles.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:50 PM, GTRaser.at said:

I think about the way to reverse in this question.

In real F1 they keep the downshift paddle down for a longer time (1,5 sec is a number I heard once) and then the reverse is in. But I don't know if they go from first to reverse with the clutch or go to neutral and then in reverse. But I believe it's the latter one. 

But adding the option to map that would also require a modification to the driving aids about the gearbox. A new option would need to be added called something like 'Auto-Neutral' to choose between those suggested options.

in real F1 it's not the downshift paddle, it is the neutral button: when you press the neutral button you get in neutral, but when you keep it pressed you get the reverse gear (see minute 3:55)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Pretty annoyed that they have said isn't going to be sorted, it has been requested for 2 years now and also frequently in this years beta. So annoying at places like the hairpin at Monaco or accidentally knocking it down and going into neutral. 

Even just add some extra delay between 1st and neutral to prevent this happening like PCars2 etc 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Pretty annoyed that they have said isn't going to be sorted, it has been requested for 2 years now and also frequently in this years beta. So annoying at places like the hairpin at Monaco or accidentally knocking it down and going into neutral. 

Even just add some extra delay between 1st and neutral to prevent this happening like PCars2 etc 

Also it seems to me a "feature" very easy to implement, but maybe I'm wrong...