Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Hello Guys,

I'm almost despaired. I bought this game for Ps4 and installed it. Since the first time i started the game i have no chance to get online. Its always the same Error 1008:H 

I already opened my Ports on PS4 and it didnt help. I bought a new Router Fritzbox 7530 and opened the Ports again but it doesnt change anything. Still 1008:H.

Every other game is running normally. Even F1 2019 i had no problems with. 

Can someone help? 

Posted (edited)

I got the new game and a new Wifi pretty much at the same time and every since I get the error code 1008:H. I guess it is because of my new wifi, not because of the new game.

In the forum for F1 2019 I read it could be fixed by port-forwarding, but unfortunately the wifi router does not have a function to do that.

Also all the other steam games dont work aswell, but I thought I ask here because I have the error code in this game. Other than the steam games, wifi works with everything else. It also probably doesnt have anything to do with my antivirus(Kaspersky). I deactivaded the firewall and gave steam and checked that the "rights" for steam and the game seem appropriate.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix it?

Edit: After reading this master thread, I tried using VPN and mobile data via a hotspot. Both didnt change anything.

Edited by Ayoubind

Posted (edited)

Have been playing on XBox since launch and never had a problem - nothing has changed with my network settings or ISP, but as of this morning (on v1.03) I am getting the 1008:H error after finishing my first race in a new Driver Career.  Specifically, after completing the race I get back to team headquarters and advance time up to the point where I could go to the next race weekend.  Instead, I go to the pause menu and exit to main menu, and that's when the error comes up.  I have to select cancel on the error screen to get back to the main menu.  I DID complete the week 3 VIP Pitpass challenge for developing 2 chassis updates when I advanced time, so maybe it's due to something with the Pitpass communication.  When I get back to the menu and check the challenges, it's still showing I only have 1/2 updates completed and I have completed two.  Another challenge is correctly showing that I won the first race, so the issue is occurring at some point AFTER I advanced time in the career mode.

Both links posted by BarryBL earlier in this thread work fine, which would seem to indicate this is a problem on the Codie's side and not mine.

Edited by JKSullivan

I have exactly the same problem,all was fine until today,nothing about my set up has changed,so this is clearly on codies end!im on Xbox wired connection 

Hi All,

We noticed some issues where certain network configurations were struggling to connect to our game servers correctly. We made some updates in v1.05 to change how this system works which we think should have resolved many of these cases. We still expect users to see these error messages at times when the servers are actually down, or when other unexpected network errors occur.

If you were previously having persistent issues with this then please let us know if this has changed for you since v1.05.

If you are now seeing regular issues since updating to v1.05 then please let us know and we will investigate further.

Thanks.  

Purchased F12020 this morning and have been playing fine since, I now have error code 1008:H. I have tried all the steps above but still cannot connect to online services.