Jump to content Jump to content

4 hours ago, RamboDoBrasil said:

I don't know how to provide a bug report on this, but other users are also facing the problem I reported, see a player's comment on the Steam forums

image.png.518e8e15a764297140a2ab0497d4259f.png

Yes this is me !! Its my comment on the Steam forums. I am also facing the same issue.

Bug report:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Description of the issue is mentioned in the image above in detail. No error codes.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Version 1.03

3.       Game-mode? 

Split Screen.

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I have restarted the game >10 times. Replication steps are mentioned in the image along with problem description. Even though both the controllers are connected its unable to recognize player 2. Both controllers work in main menu but as soon as split screen is selected P2 isnt recognizable any more and screen freezes.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Apart from restarting the game >10 times, I ve also restarted my pc as well as steam. I ve checked my system drivers for any updates and tested my controllers on other games and ran calibration tests.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

2 Gamepads of the same make + keyboard. The game supports the gamepads but the split screen mode doesn't in particular. P.S. I ve already set the key binding scheme according to the gamepads.

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Taking any screen shot is impossible as the screen freezes. No buttons on the gamepad as well as no keys on the keyboard give any response.

Kinldy Do look into this Codemasters. I was so excited for the split screen mode and now I am getting frustrated of not being able to enjoy it !!

9 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Bug Report please @RamboDoBrasil or will be deleted.

I ve mentioned the bug report !! Do give a look

5 minutes ago, AyushShukla27 said:

Yes this is me !! Its my comment on the Steam forums. I am also facing the same issue.

Bug report:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Description of the issue is mentioned in the image above in detail. No error codes.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Version 1.03

3.       Game-mode? 

Split Screen.

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I have restarted the game >10 times. Replication steps are mentioned in the image along with problem description. Even though both the controllers are connected its unable to recognize player 2. Both controllers work in main menu but as soon as split screen is selected P2 isnt recognizable any more and screen freezes.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Apart from restarting the game >10 times, I ve also restarted my pc as well as steam. I ve checked my system drivers for any updates and tested my controllers on other games and ran calibration tests.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

2 Gamepads of the same make + keyboard. The game supports the gamepads but the split screen mode doesn't in particular. P.S. I ve already set the key binding scheme according to the gamepads.

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Taking any screen shot is impossible as the screen freezes. No buttons on the gamepad as well as no keys on the keyboard give any response.

Kinldy Do look into this Codemasters. I was so excited for the split screen mode and now I am getting frustrated of not being able to enjoy it !!

• Administrator

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to get this to dev's and just need some final information. 

What controllers exactly are you using? Does it work with Controller and Keyboard?

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to get this to dev's and just need some final information. 

What controllers exactly are you using? Does it work with Controller and Keyboard?

I am using two Xbox controllers. I tried the keyboard & controller combination but no help. On other modes (which are basically single player) both controllers and keyboard are working fine when used separately. 

25 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone, 

Will get this tested. Keyboard and Controller works as designed for me

I have tested all possible combinations as stated above but no help.

When I select Split screen mode, what happens is that the input device I am using in the menu goes as Player 1 (by default I guess). A prompt then asks me to assign Player 2 and when I respond to that, it takes me to select my car and all. I can do the selection for P1 (in some attempts but mostly the screen freezes here only) but when it comes to P2, the game becomes irresponsive.

Hope this info helps the devs.

Edited by AyushShukla27
  • Administrator

Okay, I think theres a different issue here then/ Keyboard and Controller works fine on all version and have been tested. We've tested various combinations, and all has worked.

A video would be really useful here as we've tested and cannot replicate. Have you updated controller firmware?

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Okay, I think theres a different issue here then/ Keyboard and Controller works fine on all version and have been tested. We've tested various combinations, and all has worked.

A video would be really useful here as we've tested and cannot replicate. Have you updated controller firmware?

Yes, as I said in my bug report, I have already checked for updates (literally everything : GPU, controller drivers, everything). Personally, recording a video wouldn't be possible and since you mentioned that tests are all fine and cant be replicated, should I go for a reinstall ? Is that the only possible solution ? Because I don't see many people having this issue.

• Administrator
Just now, AyushShukla27 said:

Yes, as I said in my bug report, I have already checked for updates (literally everything : GPU, controller drivers, everything). Personally, recording a video wouldn't be possible and since you mentioned that tests are all fine and cant be replicated, should I go for a reinstall ? Is that the only possible solution ? Because I don't see many people having this issue.

Go for a re-install.

I reinstalled the game and it didn't work out.

01. The first image shows the prompt message, just after clicking in split screen mode:

01.thumb.png.346622d097bd92504955e85e053e6938.png

02. Up to this point everything is working, I can navigate between the options using any of the controllers and also the keyboard:

02.thumb.png.c285a8d318aed2f5234c4d81f877f29a.png

03. Moving on, the game asks me to select the player's car 1. So far everything is perfect, the controllers keep working and the keyboard too:

03.thumb.png.29935c203a609d3b13b77282b6600ff8.png

04. Right after selecting player 1's car, we go to the screen that selects player 2's car. From here everything stops working, no controller responds and neither the keyboard. The only thing left to do is to press Alt + F4 and close the game.

05.thumb.png.c48d7cda5a282bbc3587186b520b4b59.png

Edited by RamboDoBrasil

I hope so @RamboDoBrasil !!

But this means otherwise,

On 7/8/2020 at 7:01 PM, BarryBL said:

P.S. I checked and the tag was changed to "with devs" before @BarryBL sent this post.

I guess we'll have to keep trying, sooner or later we'll get to play the split screen mode, fingers crossed 🙂 

I hope you find a correction and put it in an update as soon as possible, because the game has already been officially released for all and such a mistake is very serious and frustrating for those who buy the game. One of the reasons I bought it for example was precisely this feature, because I live with friends and we would all play like this. Otherwise I'll find a way to be compensated