Jump to content Jump to content

I have the same issue but I'm playing with 2 Logitech G29 Steering Wheels on PS4. I can't use them both. Only one works and the other is on and the ps4 button is working normally but he doesn't reacts. 

I can still play splitscreen but only with 1 steering wheel and 1 dualshock controller. 

I'm playing the 1.03 version on PS4. 

Can someone explain this? 

• Agree 1

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

There are no error codes visible. The second steering wheel doesn't react on any button only on the ps button. So I can't join the race with 2 steering wheels. Only one steering wheel reacts. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

I am using the 1.03 version. 

3.       Game-mode? 

Splitscreen

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I tried to restart my game and only use the steering wheels instead of 1 controller. I also tried to start only 1 steering wheel and start the other when I was in-game. But it all didn't work. I tried is for >20 times. I also restarted my PS4 many times but it didn't work. I also tried on many other accounts and just 2 wheels at 1 profile but it still don't work. 

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I can still use a controller but it is less exiting. I also can't equip the Logitech G29 setup on the menu. Its only possible for the 1st wheel but the second one doesnt reacts. 

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

2 times a Logitech G29 for Ps4
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

I don't have any screenshots because nothing will appear on the screen. 

• Agree 2

Had a similar issue on PS4, caused by two issues, but managed to find workarounds to both. The first was a PS4 UI issue (posted below in case it's helpful), and the second is a potential bug in the game (posted below in detail).

First issue: Related to PS4 UI confusion over which user has which controller assigned

When when trying to start a split screen game on the PS4, we were getting the following error when trying to add a second controller:

"P2 DEVICE IN USE. The selected device is already in use by Player 1. Please attempt to connect a different device."

We realised that our first logged-in user had both controllers assigned to them. We fixed this by restarting the PS4, logging back in as the first user, then pressing the playstation button on the second controller and logging in as the second user. The UI on the login screen then showed a little black gamepad icon assigned to each user, instead of two gamepad icons assigned to one user.

Second issue: Possible bug in game 

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When trying to start a split screen game on the PS4, we are unable to connect the second controller. There is no error message - the game simply refuses to acknowledge any button press on the second controller (except for the Playstation button).

• This happens when the first controller used is a PS4 original Dualshock controller, and the second that is being added as P2 in split screen is a Logitech G29 wheel.
  • It does NOT happen when you reverse the order - when the first controller is the Logitech G29, and the second is the Dualshock. In this order, the game picks up the second controller and split screen mode works.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

3.       Game-mode? 

Split screen

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

- Start PS4 with a Logitech G29 wheel attached by USB.

- Log onto PS4 with DUALSHOCK controller (user 1).

- Press PS button on G29, and log onto PS4 with a separate user account (user 2).

- Press PS button on DUALSHOCK (user 1).

- Start game.

- Start split screen mode. See message saying "P2 ADD PLAYER. Add Player 2 to Splitscreen. Press OPTIONS to Enter."

- Press option button on second controller (Logitech G29 wheel).

- Nothing happens.

4 replications attempted.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Process works when order of controllers added is reversed - i.e. when user 1 uses the G29 and user 2 uses the DUALSHOCK.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Dualshock PS4 controller 

Logitech G29 wheel

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

n/a

Hope this is helpful! 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, BarryBL said:

At the moment, I dont see that issue and have attempted replication 4 times. I'm guessing PC?

Yes, PC. @BarryBL

13 hours ago, RamboDoBrasil said:

I hope you find a correction and put it in an update as soon as possible, because the game has already been officially released for all and such a mistake is very serious and frustrating for those who buy the game. One of the reasons I bought it for example was precisely this feature, because I live with friends and we would all play like this. Otherwise I'll find a way to be compensated

Yeah @RamboDoBrasil, its my first F1 game and I bought it because the split screen feature attracted me but its highly frustrating not being able to play this mode.

I've tried all on my side. My system is compatible, my hardware too. All drivers are up to date, games heavier than this are working perfectly fine. I just don't know what to do with this, my frustration has gone over the head now. I did not pre-purchased this game to face such problems. The game would have been a 10/10 for me if I had not faced this headache, its completely perfect otherwise. Amazing creation!!

All I can do is hope for a correction update to be pushed soon. I request you people at codies to look into this issue with more importance as this is a matter of customer satisfaction. I understand that there are new bug reports coming up each day and our problem is not being faced by many but an issue is an issue, right ? 

We wouldn't have been going mad after it if it didn't meant anything to us. Por favor !!

• Agree 1

Looks like we've been rewarded with that problem. I've searched the entire internet for anything that could help, I've tried everything imaginable to the unimaginable in search of a solution. The support for the game is also bad. The only answer we've had so far is "in the tests we did it worked", ok but not in mine.

I give up

Edited by RamboDoBrasil
  • Agree 1

Hello codemasters, is this simply going to be ignored here? We haven't had a response in days, no status on what happened. If this doesn't have a solution, find a way to compensate us with part of the product's value, since for some of us it is not 100% functional and there is nothing we can do. Thanks!

@BarryBL

Edited by RamboDoBrasil
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator

We are still unable to replicate this internally @RamboDoBrasil, and from our tests, we cannot replicate the problem. Replication is vital as we need the coding and information to diagnose a problem. Can people (who are on PC) attach DXDiag's please. @RehanA's bug report is a great one to follow also, so we can see each issue in full. On your report Rehan, does SS work okay with 2 controllers?

'

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

We are still unable to replicate this internally @RamboDoBrasil, and from our tests, we cannot replicate the problem. Replication is vital as we need the coding and information to diagnose a problem. Can people (who are on PC) attach DXDiag's please. @RehanA's bug report is a great one to follow also, so we can see each issue in full. On your report Rehan, does SS work okay with 2 controllers?

'

Here's my DxDiag's.

Remembering again, all my controllers work perfectly on any screen in the game. The problem only happens when selecting the second player, nothing else works from there and I have to forcefully close the game with Alt+F4.

DxDiag.txt

@BarryBL

Edited by RamboDoBrasil
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, RamboDoBrasil said:

Here's my DxDiag's.

Remembering again, all my controllers work perfectly on any screen in the game. The problem only happens when selecting the second player, nothing else works from there and I have to forcefully close the game with Alt+F4.

DxDiag.txt

@BarryBL

Thanks for the DXDiag. Silly question here, is your PS4 controller on our supported list. This might be a route of the issue perhaps, but you do say that the controller works fine in other modes? Is that true? From the DXDiag, you have a Joypad Warrior PS4 controller, which isn't on there.

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks for the DXDiag. Silly question here, is your PS4 controller on our supported list. This might be a route of the issue perhaps, but you do say that the controller works fine in other modes? Is that true? From the DXDiag, you have a Joypad Warrior PS4 controller, which isn't on there.

@BarryBL I don't know why DxDiags isn't showing, but look at the list of windows he's there. And yes, both work very well in any game mode and navigating between screens, I have no problem in this case. The scenario changes only when you ask to select the second player's car, from there no controller works and neither the keyboard, I can't do anything but close the game

image.png.6ceb5fafb90af0ad1142c2b29faefa20.png

• Administrator

And you play with keyboard AND controller right? Looks like there is two controllers there, are they both connected via wired, or some via Bluetooth. I think there is a connectivity issue somewhere where controllers are not identifying profiles properly IMO.

@RehanA's diagnosis is fantastic work, and I'm just seeing if his theory is translated to PC too.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RamboDoBrasil said:

@BarryBL

IT WORKED!
It really seems to be a problem when identifying the players. 
Steps:
1. I closed the game and removed all controls.
2. I connected the PS4 controller and started the game.
3. I selected the split screen and then the game alerted me that the device was being used by player 1.
4. Now I connected the second controller and pressed X.
5. From there everything worked.

Happy its working for you mate, and thank you for feeding back to us. Hopefully other users can use this work around. Is still weird though. Must be an identification of existing controls issue.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, RamboDoBrasil said:

@BarryBL

IT WORKED!
It really seems to be a problem when identifying the players. 
Steps:
1. I closed the game and removed all controls.
2. I connected the PS4 controller and started the game.
3. I selected the split screen and then the game alerted me that the device was being used by player 1.
4. Now I connected the second controller and pressed X.
5. From there everything worked.

I replicated your steps mate @RamboDoBrasil, mine's still not working !!

I noted something @BarryBL@RamboDoBrasil has two different kind of controllers, one is ps4 controller and other is generic usb controller. In my case, however, I am using 2 identical xbox controllers, is it possible that its treating both of them as a single input source because of them being identical ? This seems like a legit possibility to me. That's the reason it ain't  allowing me to control Player 2 because it thinks I am still Player 1.

I have the same issue but I'm playing with 2 Logitech G29 Steering Wheels on PS4. I can't use them both. Only one works as P1 and the other is on and the ps4 button is working normally but he doesn't reacts as P2. 

There is no error code visible on the screen. He keeps saying that P2 needs to click the 'options' button. 

I can still play splitscreen but only with 1 steering wheel and 1 dualshock controller. 

I'm playing the 1.05 version on PS4. 

Can someone explain this?

I'm trying this for days now and nobody got a answer. 

• Agree 2
6 hours ago, RamboDoBrasil said:

@AyushShukla27

Follow these steps, too:
1. In Steam click Settings > Control > General Settings.

2. Select the following options: "Enable Xbox Controls Settings" and "Enable Generic Controls Settings".

I did the test with these options disabled and it didn't work so I think that's the key to success!

01.png.fabde6ff0c318560ef7eae5a2b5dd206.png

image.thumb.png.9bd34dbf9b32e5b7e584402b00be854e.png

Thanks a bunch mate @RamboDoBrasil IT WORKED !! It sure is the key to success 😉 

I think it was a steam issue after all. Happy now to be able to enjoy the split screen mode, finally. 

I guess all we had to do was to help ourselves on our own, after all. XD

I think we finally have a solution to the problem @BarryBL. Thanks to you too mate for interacting with us. 

• Like 1