What have changed, improved, the such?
Track surfaces, evolution of grip over the weekend and rain
Testing by real drivers in the future, and assist balance
What kind of setups does the AI use?
Grip scaling

Driving
Starts in F2

Driving in dirty air
How does brakes fading affect the driving and how to manage it?

Setup
F1 2019 setup to 2020, what to look at?
More downforce in the front or in the rear?

Dry tire temperature range & What do tire pressures affect?
What do tire pressures affect?
Do hotter temperatures affect the oversteer of the car?

Modifying default setups to be less understeery
Time Trial setup to race setup (Multiple answers in a row)

Handling
Difference between Mercedes and the Multiplayer car
F2 and engine braking
Is the FFB same as the beta, and info about an upcoming fix
Does the game implement a "Coca Cola bottle effect"?
Does the game implement the possibility of brakes overheating and tire temperatures dropping under SC/VSC?
Do the dry tires have a blanket operating range?
Is the altitude simulated in-game?
Will the game implement the grip differences of a wet rubbered in track?

Does the AI have dynamic tire temperatures?
Does the AI performance scale depending on the weather conditions?

Wheel / Controller Setups
Thrustmaster Control Panel Settings & T300
T300 In-game FFB settings
Greco's in-game wheel settings

Settings to get a linear curve in F1 games

Multiple Questions from Multiple Categories
Racing Line, What gears is overtake most effective and Lean fuel mix and engine wear

Message added by UP100

Just now, UP100 said:

In-game, something around that. I was asking about the Thrustmaster Control Panel's settings 🙂 

Ah thanks for clearing up my confusion  🙂

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

Having a few issues with my G29 on PC, is there anyway to get some resistance when turning the wheel? I get all of the other feedback forces but no resistance when cornering for example. I've tried changing FFB settings in game but to no avail (Such as having Damper setting up to 100 and Overall FFB at 150). The Logitech Gaming Software doesn't have any options to adjust FFB. The wheel works fine in other games.

Thanks

Edited by Heva14

Posted (edited)

I would love to see an aggressive version of default presets to have some good starting points cause at the moment they are understeery and tend to overheat (I hate having to use league racing setups for offline). If it's not possibile in the game, different presets and setups could be uploaded to the blog.

So my question is connected to that: the best/most sober way to get oversteer in this year's game? A lot of combinations from last year leads to overheating or a lot of potential traction left on the table.

Edited by sirio994

37 minutes ago, Heva14 said:

Hi All,

Having a few issues with my G29 on PC, is there anyway to get some resistance when turning the wheel? I get all of the other feedback forces but no resistance when cornering for example. I've tried changing FFB settings in game but to no avail (Such as having Damper setting up to 100 and Overall FFB at 150). The Logitech Gaming Software doesn't have any options to adjust FFB. The wheel works fine in other games.

Thanks

Yeah, I have the same problem here with my G29. It's almost non-existent, I can barely feel the back spinning nor does it actually feel like I'm on a road. Works perfectly fine in 2019, but even turning in-game FFB to the max it's just too light and weak. 

Guys, please post a proper bug report if you have some issues with some controller/wheel setup, don't post off-topics here.

@David Greco CM How does the differential now work (as there were changes mentioned in Alex' Video) ?

And also it was mentioned that the TOE in the suspension geometry was improved, how is this now working? Is it the same as it was in F1 2019 where you got more let's say traction when you move more to the left and on the opposite moving to the right gives you more responsiveness?

Hi david experienced pad user here, can you please explain why the pad feels even worse compared to 2019, i feel like i have no front wing and i cant turn the car, very dissapointing and off putting to be honest, it feels like each year the pad just keeps getting worse and worse and ruins the immersion for me, as i cant point the car in the direction i want to, making adjustment mid corner on a pad was already hard but with this handling model it feels next to impossible

19 hours ago, UP100 said:

Now that many of us have already had the chance to try out F1 2020 for the first time, I thought it'd be great to get the real life racer, simracer and most importantly the handling designer of F1 games, @David Greco CM, to answer some of your questions that you might've come up with! There won't be any proper rules for the Q&A. Try to keep on-topic and Greco will answer as many questions as he can. Also, all questions are valid, no matter if you're a complete newbie or a seasoned veteran! If you're encountering an issue, it's quite likely that someone else has also encountered that issue at some point in time.

I'll be compiling all the answers to a message that can always be seen at the top of this thread above all comments, no matter what page you're on 🙂 

Thanks for this topic!

I'm new to F1 games and I'm having problems with gearbox wear in the F2 portion of the Career mode. The gearbox is getting wear down a lot with the engineer saying something about it around half way through the race. I'm running 6 round 50% in F2. Am I shifting incorrectly or is there something else going on? Please help.

11 minutes ago, Latium said:

I'm new to F1 games and I'm having problems with gearbox wear in the F2 portion of the Career mode. The gearbox is getting wear down a lot with the engineer saying something about it around half way through the race. I'm running 6 round 50% in F2. Am I shifting incorrectly or is there something else going on? Please help.

I think its just a case of managing the revs. The F2 cars rev lower than you think so its easy to over rev wuthout realising. Same with downshifting, measure your downshifts, other games let you just hammer down the gears but you'll get punished doing it here.

5 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

I think its just a case of managing the revs. The F2 cars rev lower than you think so its easy to over rev wuthout realising. Same with downshifting, measure your downshifts, other games let you just hammer down the gears but you'll get punished doing it here.

So just don't hammer on the throttle as hard and make sure my downshifts are clean and I should be alright?

13 hours ago, David Greco CM said:

Just like Lando told me about a year ago, full gas, and then release the throttle a bit to make it gain grip. Very tricky car to get a good start

Hey, that's the technique I used since V8 Supercars 2 (TOCA Race Driver 2) 😄

So, one thing that’s always bugged me is camber in the setup.

If I understand correctly, -3.5deg is more camber than -2.5, which should give more cornering grip, but less traction.

Im confused because if the above is correct I would expect to see -3.5 to the right on the slider (move to the right for more camber - the same way you move slider to the right for more wing, or more tire pressure, or more fuel etc). So I’ve basically never quite been sure if I’ve understood this right?

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

So, one thing that’s always bugged me is camber in the setup.

If I understand correctly, -3.5deg is more camber than -2.5, which should give more cornering grip, but less traction.

Im confused because if the above is correct I would expect to see -3.5 to the right on the slider (move to the right for more camber - the same way you move slider to the right for more wing, or more tire pressure, or more fuel etc). So I’ve basically never quite been sure if I’ve understood this right?

I think that you should only look at min and max. More to the right, more negative camber, more your wheel is towards the chassis of the car. The numbers are inverted and this bug has always been there.

• Sad 1

Enjoying the game so far but still not fully satisfied with my FFB Settings. Does anyone have some suggestions for settings for a Thrustmaster T500rs for PS4?

19 hours ago, UP100 said:

In-game, something around that. I was asking about the Thrustmaster Control Panel's settings 🙂 

So I took over the setting in the profiler.

100  overall

100 constant

100 periodic

100 damper 

0 spring

Ingame overall on 75%

Rest i left default 

But i am not really satisfied with this.

Do you mind sharing  your ingame settings or have some advise to improve mine?

Thanks in advance.  :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, philappleraily said:

I think that you should only look at min and max. More to the right, more negative camber, more your wheel is towards the chassis of the car. The numbers are inverted and this bug has always been there.

This is exactly why i’m confused... more to the right is not more negative camber, it’s actually less (-2.5 is less than -3.5). unless you think the numbers are wrong?

I used to think they were wrong, but it’s been this way for so many years now they can’t be. CM must be aware of this and would have fixed if it was simply the numbers being wrong.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

So I took over the setting in the profiler.

100  overall

100 constant

100 periodic

100 damper 

0 spring

Ingame overall on 75%

Rest i left default 

But i am not really satisfied with this.

Do you mind sharing  your ingame settings or have some advise to improve mine?

Thanks in advance.  :classic_smile:

my ingame settings are the default ones. 

4 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

This is exactly why i’m confused... more to the right is not more negative camber, it’s actually less (-2.5 is less than -3.5). unless you think the numbers are wrong?

I used to think they were wrong, but it’s been this way for so many years now they can’t be. CM must be aware of this and would have fixed if it was simply the numbers being wrong.

is the way our ui works, min is on the left max is on the right, being a negative number, is confusing i know, but that is how it works. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, David Greco CM said:

is the way our ui works, min is on the left max is on the right, being a negative number, is confusing i know, but that is how it works. 

Thank you for the reply. I’m still confused as i don't see how -2.5 can be more camber than -3.5. However i am perfectly aware that I probably just don’t understand and i am grateful for you responding. At least now i know that right = more camber 😊

• Agree 1

Could you explain pressures better. It is more pressure more temperature but better wear.

In the past was it the opposite: less pressures less wear?

Another wuqestion about temperatures: is it me or overheating is easy but less tragic than it used to be? From my experience obviously it makes you lose time but less compared to the past from my experience. 

@David Greco CM

Are these new 2020 cars less understeery compared to how it was in the previous game? Or how about FFB and the general feeling of the car? Has it been improved? I could notice an improvement during the beta but some people have reported that the final game's handling differs a bit from the beta.

43 minutes ago, MateLeLe120 said:

Are these new 2020 cars less understeery compared to how it was in the previous game? Or how about FFB and the general feeling of the car? Has it been improved? I could notice an improvement during the beta but some people have reported that the final game's handling differs a bit from the beta.

Ye and they are on drugs 😄. I can't show you the files, I can't do a side by side for you guys, but, you have to trust me, this handling, at least on PS4 and PC is 100% last beta. Same for FFB.

Although, for FFB, we will patch a fix, which will make the pneumati trail effect smoother when loading/unloading the tyres.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

David, thanks for the replies. I find the default setups very understeery in slow speed corners, what setup adjustments would you recommend to remedy this issue?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

David, thanks for the replies. I find the default setups very understeery in slow speed corners, what setup adjustments would you recommend to remedy this issue?

I noticed since the Beta. Presets 2 and 4 are good. World records have been set with them too. They're understeery but not like preset 3.

Preset 3 is very very understeery (I mean 5-3 suspensions 7-6 arb...). Personally I have no problems with it since I develop my own base setups but I love fixed setup leagues and races. I'd love to have some aggressive presets or base setups. Even if it's not in the game but in the blog/forum. To have an idea of what conceptually based on the new handling a competitive setup should look like without any crazy combination...

• Agree 3