What have changed, improved, the such?
Track surfaces, evolution of grip over the weekend and rain
Testing by real drivers in the future, and assist balance
What kind of setups does the AI use?
Grip scaling

Driving
Starts in F2

Driving in dirty air
How does brakes fading affect the driving and how to manage it?

Setup
F1 2019 setup to 2020, what to look at?
More downforce in the front or in the rear?

Dry tire temperature range & What do tire pressures affect?
What do tire pressures affect?
Do hotter temperatures affect the oversteer of the car?

Modifying default setups to be less understeery
Time Trial setup to race setup (Multiple answers in a row)

Handling
Difference between Mercedes and the Multiplayer car
F2 and engine braking
Is the FFB same as the beta, and info about an upcoming fix
Does the game implement a "Coca Cola bottle effect"?
Does the game implement the possibility of brakes overheating and tire temperatures dropping under SC/VSC?
Do the dry tires have a blanket operating range?
Is the altitude simulated in-game?
Will the game implement the grip differences of a wet rubbered in track?

Does the AI have dynamic tire temperatures?
Does the AI performance scale depending on the weather conditions?

Wheel / Controller Setups
Thrustmaster Control Panel Settings & T300
T300 In-game FFB settings
Greco's in-game wheel settings

Settings to get a linear curve in F1 games

Multiple Questions from Multiple Categories
Racing Line, What gears is overtake most effective and Lean fuel mix and engine wear

Message added by UP100

6 minutes ago, philappleraily said:

I know but it continues to be very confusing since you have to slide the cursor to the min on the left to get the maximum negative camber -3.50°!

No, David kindly confirmed that all the way to the right is max negative camber (even if the numbers don't make sense this way).

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

No, David kindly confirmed that all the way to the right is max negative camber (even if the numbers don't make sense this way).

Hmm. Last year I used more left camber (~ 3.2) at Spain to compensate relatively low front wing (2-9 was my aero balance). It worked well. I'm comfused now.)  

@David Greco CM 

What's your thought on the following suggestions of mine?

1.  We have engine overheat feature, what about brakes overheating? Just like engine overheats while following other car or if using higher power modes, wouldn't it be cool having our brakes overheat the same way as engine does? In my opinion it'd add a lot of fun while racing. 

2. Tyres dropping off temps massively under SC/VSC conditions IRL drivers struggle to keep their tyre temps under such conditions. Drivers on used tyres have little to no chance to warm their tyres, especially the harder ones.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

4 hours ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Hmm. Last year I used more left camber (~ 3.2) at Spain to compensate relatively low front wing (2-9 was my aero balance). It worked well. I'm comfused now.)  

no no, I did not say that. I say it is math, because of being a negative number, the more negative is of course on the left. we work Min on the left, Max on the right.

It is a NEGATIVE number, -3.5 is less than -2.5

The numbers is what you have to look at, is pretty simple guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, sergey_blackbird said:

@David Greco CM 

What's your thought on the following suggestions of mine?

1.  We have engine overheat feature, what about brakes overheating? Just like engine overheats while following other car or if using higher power modes, wouldn't it be cool having our brakes overheat the same way as engine does? In my opinion it'd add a lot of fun while racing. 

2. Tyres dropping off temps massively under SC/VSC conditions IRL drivers struggle to keep their tyre temps under such conditions. Drivers on used tyres have little to no chance to warm their tyres, especially the harder ones.

1. Yes, we already have brake fade, but for overheating, I would need to implement brake duct settings to be chosen then in a setup. 

2. Yes, but is not easy to balance this stuff.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, marioho said:

If I am allowed a quota of silly questions too, may I ask:

1. The racing line assist. Seems to me that green doesn't equal flat-out throttle, just that you're good to accelerate to a certain degree. What does yellow and red mean then? Originally I assumed it was to ease on the throttle and to begin braking, but I'm not sure.
  2. Actually pertaining F1 2020 new handling system now, on what gears/RPM is the Overtake mode most efficient? If I'm not mistaken, last game Overtake delivered more power than High or Hotlap only on gears 7 and 8. I wonder how to use the function to get the most out of it on those straights that you start accelerating form 2nd gear and will have a considerable strip of 2-3 seconds on 8th gear before the next braking zone. 
  3. Lean Fuel Mix and engine wear. I've heard conflicting information on this one. Fuel consumption aside, what is the impact of running on Lean on the engine wear? Does it increase the rate or will it save engine?

1. Racing Line assist is just 100% what the AI will be doing, so, if it is green, they are actually flat out. depends on difficulty settings. Also, they do run slightly different setups, so it can differ a bit.

2. Overtake gives you full 160 bhp from the hybrid system. Is the only mode that gives you full power, from second gear to 8th. At higher speed, it will start to decrease power, but every mode do that, so, in that sense, Overtake is always the most powerful mode. Is a non balanced mode, it really is full power, where as the other modes are balanced per speed and gears.

3. Lean fuel doesn't do anything to engine wear, nor good or bad. Will make sure you don't overheat the engine. The bad stuff for the engine is overheating, so, the more power you demand, the more the risk of wear.

• Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, David Greco CM said:

no no, I did not say that. I say it is math, because of being a negative number, the more negative is of course on the left. we work Min on the left, Max on the right.

Sorry, i must have misunderstood, but now im even more confused!

So is -3.5 (all the way to the left) max camber?

That would actually make sense, given it is more camber. It is a little odd though as max values for everything else is all the way to the right.

Edited by kalamazoo123
  • Like 1

I know how frustrating it can be but regardless of how the UI work or should work, the description of the camber settings is spot on and clear things up on how to set up your car. I don't remember the wording by heart but it mentions adding more negative camber to achieve this or that. 

As David say, just look at the numbers.

And it is not a glitch per se. If it were the other way around you bet there would people chiming it saying that it is confusing that a negative number could be presented as being a greater numeric value than a "less negative" one in a slider.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, David Greco CM said:

David,

With all my respect, it’s getting even more confusing because neutral camber would be 0° (there is no positive camber in F1), so that -3.50° is more negative camber (more towards the chassis) than -2.50°. So in this context Max does not mean more.
So if I don’t consider min and max, do you agree that running with -3.50° the tire has less contact patch than with -2.50°?

Thanks.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, David Greco CM said:

1. Yes, we already have brake fade, but for overheating, I would need to implement brake duct settings to be chosen then in a setup. 

2. Yes, but is not easy to balance this stuff.

Plenty of time to think about it thoroughly for F1 2021, isn't it. 😉 

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I think we need to break out the drawings 😄 

Slider to the left, tyres do this (looking from the front):

/-\

Slider to the right, tyres do this:
|-|

So the issue is that with it labelled MIN and MAX, people think "Min Camber" and "Max Camber" whereas the min camber is -2.5 which is labelled MAX because -2.5 is the highest number and max camber is -3.5 which is labelled MIN as it is the lowest number. This is the confusion caused by your UI. It does need correcting IMO whether someone understands it or not as it definitely is NOT clear in game. When you refer to MIN/MAX it should be for that setting alone so if you are talking camber, MIN/MAX should relate to camber, not the number value.

My preference is that you actually have a car animation for all settings so when you change a setting, the animation of that part is changing as per your setting. You change the camber to more negative (e.g. -3.5), the animation shows the angle of the wheel changing per click to show the user (beginners and those versed in mechanics) what you are actually changing. Far more intuitive that way!

• Agree 7

I think i get it now, but def could be improved!

It’s basically just backwards because they wanted the greater number value on the right in the UI, even though In this instance the higher number does not mean more camber.

• Agree 1

On 7/7/2020 at 7:20 AM, David Greco CM said:

Is quite harder to remove it on the Formula 2, due to the nature of the engine. The 2020 F2 car, because of the new tyres, I had more time available to spend on those, so, it will have engine braking more in line with the F1 cars.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but will the 2020 F2 cars be in the next game, or am I missing them in F1 2020?

@David Greco CM it was asked a couple pages ago but can you confirm that the rubberizing effect of the track has been accentuated this year? I'll start to take notes for real but seems to me that my laptimes across all three practice sessions improves way more than on F1 2019. I even gave up trying the Qualy Pace programme on P2 and left it for P3 because of the apparent differences in grip. 

1 hour ago, kalamazoo123 said:

In this instance the higher number does not mean more camber.

It does and it doesn't.

It's technically correct in that a higher number gives you more positive camber. 

Camber's a weird one where "negative" is better though (unless you're rallying in very specific scenarios), hence why some people are confused as they're used to "more camber" meaning "more negative" camber, which is actually "less camber" in absolute terms 😄

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, marioho said:

@David Greco CM it was asked a couple pages ago but can you confirm that the rubberizing effect of the track has been accentuated this year? I'll start to take notes for real but seems to me that my laptimes across all three practice sessions improves way more than on F1 2019. I even gave up trying the Qualy Pace programme on P2 and left it for P3 because of the apparent differences in grip. 

It has been changed, I do not recall if more or less, but if you feel more, then probably is more.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Plenty of time to think about it thoroughly for F1 2021, isn't it. 😉 

yeah well, not up to me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, philappleraily said:

David,

With all my respect, it’s getting even more confusing because neutral camber would be 0° (there is no positive camber in F1), so that -3.50° is more negative camber (more towards the chassis) than -2.50°. So in this context Max does not mean more.
So if I don’t consider min and max, do you agree that running with -3.50° the tire has less contact patch than with -2.50°?

Thanks.

On a straight has less contact, on a corner the loaded tyre has more contact. Don't know what you actually mean with this.

Everygame, iracing, rFactor2, if you want more camber, you need to click on minus, because it will be giving you more camber..

I will say again, look at the number, forget the sign. move the slider towards the bigger number if you want more camber. I don't see what is so confusing about it to be honest 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, David Greco CM said:

On a straight has less contact, on a corner the loaded tyre has more contact. Don't know what you actually mean with this.

Everygame, iracing, rFactor2, if you want more camber, you need to click on minus, because it will be giving you more camber..

I will say again, look at the number, forget the sign. move the slider towards the bigger number if you want more camber. I don't see what is so confusing about it to be honest 🙂 

I think it's just the phrasing in the setup that makes it confusing. "Min and max" where in this case moving it to "Min" actually means more camber and "max" the least (if I understood it right). Might be a lot more clear if it said Negative/Positive on either side of the slider or something similar?

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 3

On 7/7/2020 at 11:15 AM, David Greco CM said:

Dry's: 85 to 100. Inters: 70 - 85. Wets: 60 - 75. Let's say that a couple of degrees outside this range is still ok, although, not optimal, but more, it starts to exponentially lose grip.

Low tyre pressure will help traction, help tyre temps, but will have more wear.
High tyre pressure will have less traction, but more responsive and better grip at high speed, better tyre wear, but higher temps.

So drys have a blanket temperate range and not per compound?

Just now, johnboy83 said:

So drys have a blanket temperate range and not per compound?

Yes

12 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

I think it's just the phrasing in the setup that makes it confusing. "Min and max" where in this case moving it to "Min" actually means more camber and "max" the least (if I understood it right). Might be a lot more clear if it said Negative/Positive on either side of the slider or something similar?

This sums up why it is (was) confusing me.

But i get it now 😊 thanks for you input David 👍

David,

A novelty this year is dirty air? How do you feel it and how to avoid it?

Thanks.

Could it be that ABS got a little too strong this year?