What have changed, improved, the such?
Track surfaces, evolution of grip over the weekend and rain
Testing by real drivers in the future, and assist balance
What kind of setups does the AI use?
Grip scaling

Driving
Starts in F2

Driving in dirty air
How does brakes fading affect the driving and how to manage it?

Setup
F1 2019 setup to 2020, what to look at?
More downforce in the front or in the rear?

Dry tire temperature range & What do tire pressures affect?
What do tire pressures affect?
Do hotter temperatures affect the oversteer of the car?

Modifying default setups to be less understeery
Time Trial setup to race setup (Multiple answers in a row)

Handling
Difference between Mercedes and the Multiplayer car
F2 and engine braking
Is the FFB same as the beta, and info about an upcoming fix
Does the game implement a "Coca Cola bottle effect"?
Does the game implement the possibility of brakes overheating and tire temperatures dropping under SC/VSC?
Do the dry tires have a blanket operating range?
Is the altitude simulated in-game?
Will the game implement the grip differences of a wet rubbered in track?

Does the AI have dynamic tire temperatures?
Does the AI performance scale depending on the weather conditions?

Wheel / Controller Setups
Thrustmaster Control Panel Settings & T300
T300 In-game FFB settings
Greco's in-game wheel settings

Settings to get a linear curve in F1 games

Multiple Questions from Multiple Categories
Racing Line, What gears is overtake most effective and Lean fuel mix and engine wear

Message added by UP100

3 hours ago, mischaw said:

Hi @David Greco CM

First of all thanks for doing this, I've learnt a lot in this thread already.

I am struggling with traction under acceleration out of slow corners. Apart from moving the on-differential to 50% and being more gentle with the accelerator pedal, is there anything else I can do with my set up to make this less of an issue?

Everyone seems to favor 50% diff. I don't. I seem to get a lot more traction especially out of slow corners with higher on-throttle diff. For example the first chicane at Monza. For me the difference on the clock is over a tenth of a second in favor of 80% or so diff compared to 50%.

5 hours ago, philappleraily said:

I did and this works really well. Preset setups are actually quite good starting points this year and you tweak one or two things. Be careful with suspension geometry and tyre temperature and wear though.

I think adjusted presets can be a good starting point. This year's default 3 is very understeery. But compared to old default setups it has balance, a bit of rake too.

Default 4 is a true gem. The best preset out of the box in an f1 game. I'm not surprised top drivers posted early WRs with it. 

In general default presets have too much toe. At the end of the day toe and rear toe specifically are the first things you want to change. Camber levels are pretty high too. And obviously tyre pressures are set with non simulation gameplay in mind. Essentially presets are done not to be pushed at the limit.

Very stable grippy but with instant overheating. Unless you're playing without carcass temperature, a thing that a lot of casual players do.

Edited by sirio994
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, sirio994 said:

Default 4 is a true gem. The best preset out of the box in an f1 game. I'm not surprised top drivers posted early WRs with it. 

Which one is Default 4, slightly more Downforce or slightly more Speed?

Just now, PJTierney said:

Which one is Default 4, slightly more Downforce or slightly more Speed?

Slightly more speed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mischaw said:

Slightly more speed.

I'll have to try it out then 🙂 

I normally go for Default or yank a setup from Leaderboards, both of which have felt fine for me so far in 5 lap Ranked Multiplayer.

Anyone else having trouble catching slides at high speed, I have trouble feeling the FFB when the wheel is at a fixed angle coming out of corners, if the back goes I never "feel it" the first I know about it is when I see it spinning. Using a t300 wheel, settings as shown in a previous post, FFB 95 in game, 75 in my wheel app. I have dampening at 0%, I honestly can't feel a difference between 0% and 100% really apart from slow speed weight.

Edited by Retr0fly
  • Agree 1

Maybe this has been answered here before but what can be done to lower tyre temperatures besides lowering tyre pressures?

28 minutes ago, Costa said:

Maybe this has been answered here before but what can be done to lower tyre temperatures besides lowering tyre pressures?

Probably all that stress a tyre (suspension and geometry).

51 minutes ago, Costa said:

I was about to ask the same thing. Even with most tyre-friendly setups I'm forced to run low pressures but I guess this year it's pretty normal (and I like it).

I race 100% though. So running with full fuel load is a whole different world. To keep temperatures in check for the first stint I have to run 21.8 (2 clicks) as a base for the front.

Edited by sirio994

On 7/12/2020 at 5:16 PM, PJTierney said:

@David Greco CM I have a question I'm curious about as a player 🙂 

What settings would you recommend tweaking when converting a Time Trial setup into a race setup?

There's a different focus in Time Trial as maximum performance is extracted over a single lap, but in a race there's other factors like tyre wear and driving consistency.

Curious to know your thoughts 🙂 

For sure this year, a lot of focus on tyre pressure to keep those tyres in the right temperature working range. I tend to make the car a little bit less snappy, less oversteery, easier to drive. Usually a little bit slower, but more consistent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, sirio994 said:

I was about to ask the same thing. Even with most tyre-friendly setups I'm forced to run low pressures but I guess this year it's pretty normal (and I like it).

I race 100% though. So running with full fuel load is a whole different world. To keep temperatures in check for the first stint I have to run 21.8 (2 clicks) as a base for the front.

You can run less toe as possible, less camber as possible and car as soft as possible, all this trying not to lose reactivity and/or stability of the car. But by far, lowering tyre pressure is the most powerful tool you have.

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2020 at 2:35 PM, Retr0fly said:

Anyone else having trouble catching slides at high speed, I have trouble feeling the FFB when the wheel is at a fixed angle coming out of corners, if the back goes I never "feel it" the first I know about it is when I see it spinning. Using a t300 wheel, settings as shown in a previous post, FFB 95 in game, 75 in my wheel app. I have dampening at 0%, I honestly can't feel a difference between 0% and 100% really apart from slow speed weight.

at 95% in game you are saturating the FFB, so you will not feel any change in the FFB until is too late. I recommend 100% in wheel app and not more than 70% in game. I typically use around 60% to feel more the car. yes it can be a bit weak perhaps, but the signal goes to 100% at high speed due to amount of downforce. I could make it more linear and just have it more heavy from low to high speed, but, you wouldn't feel the tyres loading up through downforce, and I personally don't like that, so I designed the downforce this way. The only set back is that, at very slow speed, if you have a not so strong wheel, the ffb will feel a little weak.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, David Greco CM said:

You can run less toe as possible, less camber as possible and car as soft as possible, all this trying not to lose reactivity and/or stability of the car. But by far, lowering tyre pressure is the most powerful tool you have.

I just had an interesting 50% race at Monza. The weather was set to dynamic, but from start to finish there was light rain that never got going. The fastest tires were dries, although Jeff kept repeating he wasn't entirely sure. DRS was available all race. Anyways, I couldn't get any of the dry compounds to correct operating temperatures, even though I was trying to warm them up by doing 4-wheel drifting at 300km/h. The end result was that I was 2 seconds a lap slower than my AI competitors at a difficulty I can just about normally beat them with. My question is this: do AI cars have dynamic tyre temperatures or are they always at optimum? They don't do tyre warm up behind safety cars so I'm inclined to think they are always at optimum temps.

• Like 1

Hi @David Greco CM Can you please clarify or have an input on the slipstream effect and how accurately is modeled in game. I think I remember in the Beta days that you already cleared things up on this subject, but I can't find the post. Here is the post with a discussion that was just recently created:

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Neomo said:

Hey guys.What do you thinl about this setups for wheel user? https://realsport101.com/racing/f1/

Really good setups for long distance races (rare to find) and a very good base to work. This is very useful since most of the setups on the net are for time trials.

2 hours ago, philappleraily said:

Really good setups for long distance races (rare to find) and a very good base to work. This is very useful since most of the setups on the net are for time trials.

Thank you exactly this I was looking for :classic_smile:

Thanks @David Greco CM for providing this thread and all with their good questions. Such a simple thing makes the process of understanding the game/set ups more enjoyable as sometimes you find in other games what you expect to happen doesn't really materialize how you expect because your none the wiser whether a feature has been implemented or not. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Neomo said:

Hey guys.What do you thinl about this setups for wheel user? https://realsport101.com/racing/f1/

I use the setups from realsport since 2018. Very good setups for long races. Not the fastest, but well balanced. I like how the car feels during the race by using their setups.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/14/2020 at 6:39 PM, janbonator said:

I just had an interesting 50% race at Monza. The weather was set to dynamic, but from start to finish there was light rain that never got going. The fastest tires were dries, although Jeff kept repeating he wasn't entirely sure. DRS was available all race. Anyways, I couldn't get any of the dry compounds to correct operating temperatures, even though I was trying to warm them up by doing 4-wheel drifting at 300km/h. The end result was that I was 2 seconds a lap slower than my AI competitors at a difficulty I can just about normally beat them with. My question is this: do AI cars have dynamic tyre temperatures or are they always at optimum? They don't do tyre warm up behind safety cars so I'm inclined to think they are always at optimum temps.

They do but not as sensitive for the player. almost none. They can't dynamically change tyre pressure in setup, and adjust to driving so much due to temps. Would be too much data for the ai.

This scenario sounds like that high if not highest tyre pressure were needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Too much data for the AI relates to the game engine? Or limited capacity of the PS4/Xbox?

Or is it too difficult to balance it in the game itself? 

Id like to tell Codemasters that they ve done an amazing job with this game im loving it. I can tell this is the best F1 game, the handling is so detailed. Really well done!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 7/17/2020 at 1:02 PM, Neomo said:

@David Greco CM Hi David. Please which linear value mean linear curve for LC pedals? Is it 50 or 100? Thanks regards

All 0, linearity and saturation, means totally linear curve in F1 games.

• Thanks 1