F1 2020 | 1.07 PATCH NOTES & ONLINE SERVICES DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

how to get good start in f2 cars?

title basically. i cant go too low revs or the car goes nowhere or put in not a lot more but there is crazy wheel spin off the line

You should take a look at the main forum page (with the announcements) in around 12 hours 😉 

Posted (edited)

I tend to go 100% throttle and give a slight lift just after releasing the clutch. As you say if revs are less than 100% as clutch released it bogs down too much but then you need to manage wheel spin. Its quite tricky and takes practice but its rewarding when you get it right

Edited by Jamesf172
  • Agree 1

It depends on how much traction control you have on your assists too. I find that with medium TC, I can pretty much floor it and it has a better result than keeping the revs at optimal levels. That was through trial and error, but I'm sure it's different for everyone.

Try lots of different things - you'll soon find something that works for you!

Also look at your tire temperatures - the F2 cars start with cold tires, and if you don't do the warmup lap manually, you are on the grid with cold tires.  If you do a manual warmup lap and get the tires warm, then you have much better traction on the race start.