Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

F1 2020 crashes after intro (AMD Phenom II)

Codies, maybe just try your best to do it one last time for the 70th anniversary of F1, and for the game that has My Team in it for the first time. I mean game is really revolutionary, and iconic with as I said F1's 70th anniversary so like it can be for this and last time. I like your work and your games, and I do understand that it is stupid to do it all the time with old CPUs, but as someone that is new to all this I wasn't aware that my CPU is old and that this game won't be optimised for old CPUs, I just saw I do pass the minimum requirements and I bought the game, not everybody is so much into it and can know about it, I just think you should have given info.

45 minutes ago, Dubi15 said:

I have the same problem, but if I knew for the problem I wouldn't buy the game yet, I don't really have a lot of knowledge of PCs or F1 games in general. I understand this but it should have been said that older processor guys might not have their game working. I just hope you can fix it.

It was known, the minimum requirements for the game were out well before the release. You can only blame yourself if you didn't read that.

2 hours ago, Dubi15 said:

I have the same problem, but if I knew for the problem I wouldn't buy the game yet, I don't really have a lot of knowledge of PCs or F1 games in general. I understand this but it should have been said that older processor guys might not have their game working. I just hope you can fix it.

I fully agree with you. I mean... they had this Problem in 2018 and fixed that but a little mention regarding old processors may not work would´ve been great. If they fix it for 2020 and say that in 2021 it will not be supported, okay.

Edited by xP0wer

2 hours ago, Lakrits said:

It was known, the minimum requirements for the game were out well before the release. You can only blame yourself if you didn't read that.

I think the point is that 2019 had the same requirements as F1 2020. Think he and many other people were able to play F1 2019, so why not 2020 then.

7 minutes ago, xP0wer said:

I think the point is that 2019 had the same requirements as F1 2020. Think he and many other people were able to play F1 2019, so why not 2020 then.

To answer this one, games change spec and have to evolve with the evolving hardware. I'm no expert, but yesterdays technology is out of date today due to the sheer speed of evolution.

Like @Hoo said, as we are unable to test on these older chips anymore, any change that we make is purely speculative and might not work so please don't miss out on the opportunity to claim a refund by waiting for this fix. Our specifications are required to inform people on if the game is available for their setups, and, like others have said, if we do it once, where does a precedent begin or end?

I understand the frustration of players, but gaming evolves unfortunately for our wallets. I think, for now, this should be closed pending any other CM updates.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Hi All,

As stated previously, this CPU is not supported by the game. However, our speculative fix has been added to version 1.05 which may resolve this issue. If this doesn't work then unfortunately we will be unable to attempt further fixes for this. 

Thanks,
Hoo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi All,

As stated previously, this CPU is not supported by the game. However, our speculative fix has been added to version 1.05 which may resolve this issue. If this doesn't work then unfortunately we will be unable to attempt further fixes for this. 

Thanks,
Hoo.

Now works!! Thanks you all!!!

Edited by SergioZurriaga

It is fixed, just want to say thanks to @Hoo and his team.
Thank you for really listening to us and trying to solve the problem. Not as like the other "staff"'s commented on this post. You didn't try to CLOSE the case. You tried to SOLVE the case. Thanks to you and your team.

• Agree 1

Hope you enjoy the game!

Let me mark this one as solved and close the ticket off. 

• Thanks 3