Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1 2020 crashes after intro (AMD Phenom II)

I bought the F1 2020 with Deluxe Schumacher edition and tried to play today. But unfortunately F1 2020 game crashes immidiately after "press the button" section.
I tried
-updating windows
-playing with dx11
-playin in-safemode.
-disabling the overlays  
I really want to play this game please help me 

My PC specs : 
gtx 1050 ti 
amd phenom x6 ii 1100t
16gb ddr3 g.skill ram

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Posted (edited)

1. When i press a button on the press any button screen the game crashes. Oddly i get the crash log twice before the game closes. I don't see any error codes.

2. 1.03

3. None

4. It occurs every time i try to start up the game and has been happening since the first start.

5. i have tried reinstalling the game, updating drivers, unplugging my steering wheel, turning off overlays and restarting my pc. None of which worked.

6. My driving force gt steering wheel and my keyboard.

7: Here is some footage and my dxdiag

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Looshkin
extra info

I had the same problem and, what fixed it for me is I had a graphic driver update available, updated the driver, restarted my PC, and everything was fixed

Please follow the bug reporting template, and also add a DxDiag and the Crash Dump (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\666824-20200707-000949-0.zip) Do note that the crash dump and DxDiag will show us the name you had blocked from the screenshot 🙂 

Could you get me the crash dump? You can see the zip file location in the "Show details" screen. It should be located in AppData\Local\Temp.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Please follow the bug reporting template, and also add a DxDiag and the Crash Dump (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\666824-20200707-000949-0.zip) Do note that the crash dump and DxDiag will show us the name you had blocked from the screenshot 🙂 

Hey, couldnt find the 000949 zip file but i this will work too i guess.

DxDiag.txt

666824-20200707-092536-0.zip

• Like 1

As you have a GTX 1050, I'd suggest to run the game on DirectX12. I'd also like to ask you to check if there are any updates available for your CPU. Try also unplugging some of your USB attachments just in case they're causing an issue

@steviejay69 is probably more able to help you with driver related issues.

Merged these two threads together, let's see if we can find similarities in your setup 🙂 

3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

As you have a GTX 1050, I'd suggest to run the game on DirectX12. I'd also like to ask you to check if there are any updates available for your CPU. Try also unplugging some of your USB attachments just in case they're causing an issue

i searched in 2019 problems and people said dx11 worked fine for them. thats why i tried dx11 but dx12 not works as well. and i dont really know how to update my cpu or i dont think there is a update for that. because it's an old cpu. but works for f1 2019 in very high settings 

• Like 1

It seems that all of you have a some kind of AMD Phenom II processor. Two have X6s, one has X4. This may be a some kind of issue with the processor type. Don't know if you know anything about this, but @Hoo any clues?

(Hoo: See comment below. Below minimum specifications and the error is illegal instruction. Up to you guys if you want to investigate)

Just now, UP100 said:

It seems that all of you have a some kind of AMD Phenom II processor. Two have X6s, one has X4. This may be a some kind of issue with the processor type. Don't know if you know anything about this, but @Hoo any clues?

When I first press the play button, before game opens this comes. But, in F1 2019 this warning comes too but I get like more than 80 FPS in every races and it was a never a issue for me. 

And my friends who has F1 2019 and 2020 says they're getting much better FPS in 2020's game.

Screenshot_4.png

Yes the 1090T. It runs fine in f1 2019 in FullHD 60 Frames in Race. In other games it runs good too. 

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Merged these two threads together, let's see if we can find similarities in your setup 🙂 

Thanks @UP100 the Phenom is an unsupported CPU.

Athlon FX4300 is the stated minimum and is Piledriver architecture from 2012 (K10 APU).

The Phenoms in both the dxdiag and mentioned here are older 2010 CPUs (it is the unpleasant 'time to upgrade' scenario).

Codemasters will not or should not issue any kind of patch, hence the warning. If people buy games their machines cannot run properly, buyer beware.

5 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Thanks @UP100 the Phenom is an unsupported CPU.

Athlon FX4300 is the stated minimum and is Piledriver architecture from 2012 (K10 APU).

The Phenoms in both the dxdiag and mentioned here are older 2010 CPUs (it is the unpleasant 'time to upgrade' scenario).

Codemasters will not or should not issue any kind of patch, hence the warning. If people buy games their machines cannot run properly, buyer beware.

So do I have to refund it ?

2 minutes ago, erkanemre said:

So do I have to refund it ?

I'd suggest that if you're able to for the time being 🙂 Better to buy the game again at a later date if it gets fixed.

Just now, UP100 said:

I'd suggest that if you're able to for the time being 🙂 Better to buy the game again at a later date if it gets fixed.

That is sad. So disappointed. so disappointed...

8 hours ago, UP100 said:

Eu atualizei o título do tópico. Provavelmente, esse é um problema devido ao fato de a CPU não ser suportada pelo jogo, e por isso o jogo exige um recurso que sua CPU não pode processar.

Não há mais respostas minhas sobre isso. Não há nada que eu possa ajudar, você precisa esperar o Codies aparecer  🙂 

Vc não pode entrar em contato com o pessoal da codemasters para avisar sobre esse problema?

156/5000
I have the same problem, why does F1 2019 have the same requirements as F1 2020 if it really isn't?
Money thrown in the trash ...
Thanks codemasters

2 hours ago, SergioZurriaga said:
156/5000
I have the same problem, why does F1 2019 have the same requirements as F1 2020 if it really isn't?
Thanks codemasters

The CPU in question does not pass the requirements, hence why something like this can occur 🙂 

2 hours ago, SergioZurriaga said:
156/5000
Thanks codemasters

If you ran F1 2019 on an out of spec machine, you got lucky. 

They don't just make the requirements up. Plus, underlying features in the OS might change because it is probably a different version (of the OS).

Why just a staff can't take look gere and say it's patchable or not... Kinda fuñy. Getting "Technical Assistance" from normal forum users :D