Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Formula 1 British GP

We return to the British GP in 2015, will Mercedes maintain their record of front row lock outs, will Ferrari be able to close the gap and will Williams get on the podium?

Yes, no and maybe. 

Looking forward to the GP and wishing everyone who's attending the race plenty of fun. 

I never normally like to complain about the weather being too hot in Britain, but if everyone could make a prayer for me and every other poor soul who's going to be sitting in this humidity for hours this weekend, that'd be just dandy. I don't think a race has ever been stopped before because the crowd has started to melt. 

Force India's new front wing for the British GP, hate to be the guy who's job is to give them extra downforce during the race lol

@Vettelfan are you at the British GP today? Someone called Seb was quite quick in the game zone and wondered if you were there, since you are pretty good at F1 games :p 

AMS97KRR said:
@Vettelfan are you at the British GP today? Someone called Seb was quite quick in the game zone and wondered if you were there, since you are pretty good at F1 games :p 
I'm tempted to just say yeah it was me, but sadly it wasn't :p I was there today but I haven't visited the game zone yet. Might pop in at some point during the next two days. 

After hearing the V6 turbos for the first time today though, I have to eat my own words and say it's honestly not that bad. It's not a match for the V10's, or even the V8's, but it's still pretty loud and it's nice to hear a different tone of engine for each manufacturer. The Mercedes sounds very crisp, while the Renault has a bit of a "softer" sound at the top of the rev range. The Ferrari is somewhere in between. And the Honda is just a different noise entirely. Very strange noise when the drivers are coasting. 

The cars in general are still unbelivable to watch. Spent the day at a variety of different corners, and in several grandstands with impressive views, but the highlight was actually just standing on a grass bank right next to the track at the braking point for Stowe. Incredible place to see the commitment of the guys. Bravest man on the brakes to my eyes was, perhaps unsurprisingly, Lewis. Maldonado, Ricciardo and Verstappen were also laying it all on the line through there. 

So wish I was going this year, although I will be going to Silverstone in a few months. Ticket prices are really cheap for next years race, so I might go to that. :)

How did Toro Rosso just drop like that from free practice to quali?

Looks like Hamilton has overtaken Vettel on the most poles table 3rd behind Schumacher (1st)  and Senna (2nd)

I loved it today! I watched qualy from Brooklands and the dedication into Luffield is amazing! Unlike Seb though, I was dissapointed by the lack of noise. It really says a lot if GP2 & GP3 are louder.

The GP2 race was really exciting, I was at Club and saw the last lap spin. For GP3 I moved to the stands at Luffield and needed ear plugs!

Was that a jump start from Rosberg?

Edit: Nope, it just looked like it at first glance.

Epic start by Massa. Bottas should have defended harder.

As much as I want Lewis to win, Williams 1&2 was the best thing to happen in terms of racing enjoyment.

I just lost respect for Williams.....

See, this is why Ferrari did the right thing by ordering Massa to move over, because Bottas would've been so far ahead if they allowed him to make the pass sooner. However, both Williams' keeping Mercedes at bay while Vettel is 1 second a lap faster.