Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When I skip the race using "Simulate session" it will just show blackscreen and nothing else. I tried to wait 10 minutes, but nothing. When I restart the game and return to my team, its saying that I completed that GP that I skipped but noone gets the points.

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Game-mode? 

My Team

What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I just tried to wait for blackscreen to disappear, but nothing happened and I cant do nothing about it.

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I dont know what should I try

What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Wheel: Thrustmaster TMX FFB

Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Snímek obrazovky (241).png

Same here: I was playing for 10-15 minutes shortly after having installed it, then it's black when I choose a car or where I need to drive.

The only "particular" things I have did into the between was to optimize the graphics settings using the nVidia GeForce Experience, but I have reverted the only option the nVidia software said to have changed.

Posted (edited)

I have also had this issue 

Edited by NickR877

Rtx 2070 win10 64bit

Same here, played for 20 minutes TT, no problems. 

Closed game, installed newest nvidia drivers 451.48 and now i have got the "Black screen problem" 

I've tried dx11 and dx12 Same result

Intro movie is working Just fine but in the main menu my background is black

In the showroom i can see the team logo's but no cars, that area is pitch black

Plz help

15942519284448707159593125782157.jpg

Fixed for me! 

I've removed the newest nvidia drivers and i installed the older nvidia 446.14

Black screen problem fixed

15942529435134524409316786491036.jpg

Little update from my side: for me it was working with the nVidia Drivers 451.48, installed days before having installed F1 2020. I have seen that with DX11 the game works, so for now I will wait because I really don't like to play with the nVidia Drivers.

After two or three races, the first gearbox for the first and second free practice session broke. Because it has worn too much. During a race I saw the wear on the gearbox. I immediately noticed that it wears out too quickly. I had 5% or more wear after a round. The problem occurred not only in career, but also in normal racing.

Posted (edited)

When I will start a new race (monaco) the game crashed and then I will go to the homescreen. I have re-installed the game already. (MY TEAM) 

GT: Dutchproud33  

Console: Xbox one X 

how can i fix this

Edited by Dutchproud
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 4:08 AM, BarryBL said:

Please try replication in new sessions @Ab0we

I replicated this 22 times in my Driver Career Mode.   I've also now replicated this in a secondary Driver Career Mode, as well as My Team Mode.
Each time the Simulate Race ends with a black screen, never showing results.  Upon reloading up F1 2020, the schedule, standings, and other pages all show No results for anyone.
When making it to the end of the season, the game can't handle a season with everyone at 0 pts, so it crashes.

See my thread for more info + screenshots here.  @BarryBL

Edited by thehelplesshero

5 hours ago, anthonyd5189 said:

@Eenzeenz Change your anti-ailaising settings.  There's a pinned thread on the Black Screen issue.

I confirm to have solved the problem changing the ant-aliasing settings. Thanks for the hint!

When I try to start a race weekend in my team, the game crashes and kicks me out to the Xbox home screen (I have no recording but it looks exactly like the user "Dutchproud"s video, just it's Bahrain instead of Monaco)

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Game-mode? 

My Team

What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Upwards of 8. I finished my first race in Australia last night and when I came back to play this morning, the problem occurred.

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I dont know what should I try.

Wheel: Thrustmaster TMX FFB

Console

Xbox One

On 7/7/2020 at 10:08 AM, BarryBL said:

Please try replication in new sessions @Ab0we

I have also experienced this issue just now in Hanoi

simulated race and have to quit game and start it again as just black screen. 
Also there are no results for the race as in the screenshot. 

This is on Xbox one x. 

my team career mode

version 1.02

sorry for formatting  

20694DAC-B253-4EE8-A0FE-462366E3EDF0.jpeg

A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I did a 25% race in Vietnam in My Team Mode. As all of the AI did, i pitted from the soft to the medium tyres. In the last lap, I get the message to pit and change tyres because i have not used two different compounds although I obviously did. Even if I go to the pits again, I get disqualified.

Game-mode? 

My Team

I tried it twice and waisted almost an hour. I don't want to do it again.

Restarted the session with the same result.

Logitech G920

Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Unfortunately not. I got frustrated and closed the game to retry on another day.

I can confirm it also. I drove everything P 1 2 3 Q and wanted to simulate the race, because of full wet Monaco (cant really drive in heavy rain). I get a blackscreen have to quit out come back and lose acclaim tie my rivalry and have to see no one got any positions.

1.03 PC

Game-mode? 

My Team

I dont want to replicate it to not further ruin my carrier and i dont know how to backup F1 2020 save games to even try to replicate something without ruining everything,

I dont know how

Gamepad: Ps4 

Screenshot_78.thumb.png.618e68e8b6383dd75e8c9f250fd19812.pngScreenshot_77.thumb.png.c402e5390534b2b0901f644e76d638d0.png

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL I hope this is enough to get this moving forward 

This is an addition to my Bug report 50 minutes ago. I hope this helps to fix this consistent Error, which potentially can kill your whole save game. As you can see by the screenshots, I am at the 5th race and no driver has any points.

Edit: This has nothing to do with anti-aliasing. I dont have the option of DLSS. Mine is on TAA

1.03 PC

Game-mode? 

My Team and Driver Career

My replication numbers are 5. It apparently isnt relevant if you skip practice and quali or if you do it all. The important part is to simulate the race via the Headquarters. As soon as you confirm to simulate the session it turns black, then 'please wait' for 2 seconds and nothing more.

I have tested DX 12, DX 11, fullscreen, borderless fullscreen. I am on the latest Nvidia Driver

Gamepad: Ps4 

Screenshot_81.thumb.png.8f6d646cf58a09615310b91b9a16ea6e.png
Screenshot_82.thumb.png.2d928e44d0d390cecf5401cb9d98e67c.png

Edited by Jockel90
Addition marked as Edit

Posted (edited)

A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Game crashes in MyTeam at Bahrain. I have run 2 practice programmes, it crashes when I drive out of the garage. This happened twice, I then tried a flying lap, crashed as I crossed the line twice as well. 

Game-mode? 

My Team

6 times. 2 times driving out of garage, 2 times flying laps. 2 times practice programmes.

Since driving out of the garage made me crash, I tried flying laps, which still caused a crash. I then tried the ERS programme driving out, crashed as I left the garage. Then tried the ERS programme on a flying lap, again a crash as I cross the line to start the lap.

What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model)

Xbox One controller.

Nope.

Edited by McGintyRacing
Wrong game version.

I have the same problem, i simulated only Monaco and i have no results .

Is my save corrupt and I need to start another one, or can i just continue this one?

• Agree 1

Just had the same issue people appear to be reporting in this thread. I had completed Practice and Qualifying for Monaco in my first season of MyTeam. I'm not a fan of Monaco in game so I decided to simulate the race since I had a good starting position. I hit Simulate and there was a black screen with a loading symbol for a couple of seconds, and then just a black screen. I left it for several minutes as often when loading a session my game will black screen but usually it quickly loads. Since this clearly wasn't happening in this case I closed the game and relaunched it. When I got back into the MyTeam menu I was welcomed by the rivalry page (with Kvyat) and the weekend money page. I've then gone to check the results and there is nothing there for the Monaco Grand Prix and it just lets me move on to Azerbaijan.

1.03 Xbox One

Game-mode? 

My Team

I have only had this scale of error once as I don't want to risk my MyTeam save by testing it. The black screen as a general issue has happened countless times since I got the game.

I have no idea what troubleshooting to even try, hence why I came to the forum

Gamepad: Xbox One

I may have found a temporary fix for the black screen after simulating race Bug. It might be caused by having the formation lap option on. Try turning it off, cause it worked for me after several try tonight. Got a black screen in australia with the option, deactivated it and could simulate 50%race in Bahrein and Vietman.

On 7/7/2020 at 7:25 AM, Ab0we said:

Attempt to advance my team career, timer icon completes a nearly a full loop before then stopping and the game freezes - I am then left with a wait of about 30 seconds before I get kicked out the game. Maybe it could be an issue with the engine upgrade coming the next day, I'm not sure...

Game-mode? 

My Team

I have tried to solve this multiple times by turning altering small stuff like the formation lap on and off, tried to remove the activity I do in the next coming days. This info could also be applicable to the question beneath.

Installed the game and it still doesn't work.

Thrustmaster - f1 wheel, have tried also advancing with gamepad and got same results

IMG_20200718_122505.jpg

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM IF THERE IS A FIX FOR THIS?

WHY IS CODEMASTER NOT RESPONDING TO A GAME BREAKING BUG?

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE ON PC!

30 minutes ago, CokeKabul said:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM IF THERE IS A FIX FOR THIS?

I tested it just now and it works, but its not the perfect solution, to remind yourself to turn off formation lap every time. 

On 7/17/2020 at 10:27 PM, MagicJist666 said:

I may have found a temporary fix for the black screen after simulating race Bug. It might be caused by having the formation lap option on. Try turning it off, cause it worked for me after several try tonight. Got a black screen in australia with the option, deactivated it and could simulate 50%race in Bahrein and Vietman.

30 minutes ago, CokeKabul said:

WHY IS CODEMASTER NOT RESPONDING TO A GAME BREAKING BUG?

Probably because a lot of people here used this thread as a general bug report thread for my team. I have tried tagging someone some time ago, but nobody is answering. This thread is getting more and more comments, its a consistent issue and we have a temporary fix for it, but they don't seem to care. I even have another black screen issue after the podium celebration, but nobody seem to have it.

This thread is probably dead and we will never get a fix for it. I purchase every second game and after 5 hours of playing i am on the forums posting bug reports or commenting on some that i expedierend. Every time i tell myself this game wont be bugged as hell, but here I am.