Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 Schumacher Edition - Steam family sharing doesn't work

I don't know if it's the right section, but anyway. I bought the game and I share the library with a friend of mine, but he doesn't see the game, it's not in his library, while other games are (F1 2019 included). I logged into his PC to download the game, it appears in his library, but he can't play it because there's the button "Purchase" instead of play or the button to ask to borrow the game. I thought it was ok in the past few days considering it wasn't unlock so it wasn't supposed to appear in the library, but now this version is unlocked and he can't play. Did you disable the family sharing for this game? It's on Steam? The game will be available for sharing on July 10th?

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes and add your platform here. PC (Steam) No report code because it's not in game. Using steam family share, the account that purchased the game can play it, while the account that is using the shared game cannot.
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) Not in game related.
3.       Game-mode? Not in game related.
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
- Buy F1 2020 Schumacher Edition on Steam Account A.
- Download game on Steam Account A. 
- Family share Steam Account A with Steam Account B.
- Go to library and find F1 2020. Steam will say "purchase" instead of "play".

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings? Have tried removing Steam Family Share from both accounts more than once, no avail. On the account you purchased the game, if you go to account details > scroll down, manage steam family library sharing > Press show excluded games > F1 2020 will show up as not supported. Could it be because release date is on the 10th?
6.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs? Images posted below.steam_2uiI7UnK2k.png.324992784c357c8e3b49d067193c100d.pngsteam_xEsaUX9Z26.png.0a0d5fab76ff7a5425fa3ec5a7f9390f.png
7.       [ For PC ] – Please add a DXDiag to your post. DxDiag.txt

Let's wait till the 10th and see if it gets fixed by then, as Steam has had some problems with the Schumacher edition release date in general 🙂 

• Agree 1