Jump to content Jump to content

1. During a race, when I reached the penultimate lap, Jeff will inform me that I haven't used all tire compounds even though I already pitted for a medium from a set of soft tires. Even when I pitted, it still disqualified me. Seems like the game doesn't recognize that I have used all mandatory tire compound and just decided that I haven't, therefore disqualifying me from the race. However, it seems this bug is extremely inconsistent. I've tried some solutions including changing the pit strategy at the start of the race. It helped in Australia and Bahrain, but when I got to Vietnam the bug reappeared even after changing the strategy.

2. I am using version 1.03

3. This happened on MyTeam Career mode. Haven't tested it in Driver Career though.

4. To replicate, simply just play MyTeam Career mode and play any race with the default pit strategy. However, some people said that it has something to do with flashbacks, so try using flashback at least once or twice during the race. I, myself, doesn't have the problem during the Bahrain GP even though I used flashback once.

5. Like I said, changing the pit strategy seems to temporarily solve the issue. It's just tedious because you have to play an entire race just to confirm whether it works or not. It works in Australia and Bahrain but doesn't work in Vietnam.

6. I am using an X-input gamepad (Gamesir T3w)

7. I don't have a screenshot or a video unfortunately, but many people have reported it in reddit and Steam discussions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, AnimeGroover said:

Thing is, the bug is extremely inconsistent.

And if I want to show it in video, I have to record the entire race.

How often have you experienced it vs how many races?

Could just be a clip on the last lap where the disqualification notice comes up with the reason, maybe add a screenshot of the tyre strategy at the start.

I just experienced the same tyre bug at australian gp final lap saying I have not used the tyre compounds but I used softs x2 and mediums x1 and got disqualified.

im going to restart the race and get pictures of my tyre strategy before the race and when the bug happens. I should be able to upload pictures in around 1 hour.

Edited by Thatgingerdude4
  • Thanks 1

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Disqualified for not using required tire compounds during the race.  I started on Softs, pitted at the end of lap 6 and put on Mediums.  15 lap race, got the warning at the end of lap 13 and DQed after crossing the line at the end of lap 14. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

XBox One X, version number 1.01

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

First race - set up brand new team with custom colors, spent resources before starting Australian GP weekend.  Weekends are set up to do all 3 practice sessions, 3 phase qualifying.  I completed ALL practice session programs and used both Soft and Medium tires during practice.  Never used the hard compound during practice or qualifying.  I DID use flashbacks during the race.  At this point, no replication attempted - I have restarted the race session, but saved and quit while still on the grid to get the version number so I have not yet completed the second run.  

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

None available, not possible to do anything other than change tires.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Using standard XBox One controller, no peripherals

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

3f1c9389-3d74-4a95-8316-7c63d11cf2ed_Thumbnail.PNG

e053c128-1ef7-4ea7-9f69-6014ae5a82aa_Thumbnail.PNG

Not a good first impression.....

Edited by JKSullivan
Completing bug report

I believe I have identified the issue with this bug, as well as an additional bug that stems from it. The Automatic Strategies that the game generates for each race does not Include the *Required* compounds that are shown when you choose to edit the strategy. For example, on Bahrain, the Auto strategies given to me were 2 Soft compounds and 1 Medium compound, or 1 Soft compound and 2 Medium Compounds. When I edited the strategy the Tire allocations showed that the Medium and Hard compounds were required choices, and if I did not have Pit Stops with those tire compounds, it would not allow me to change the strategy.

Furthermore, I have found that the AI DO NOT follow the required compounds as well. Any driver that started on Medium Compound tires, made 1 change, to Hard Tires, these drivers followed the required tires, the AI Drivers that started on Soft tires (Amusingly, this included *ALL* Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull cars...) did not change to Medium and then Hard tire compounds. They did make 2 stops, but the first change was to a new set of Softs, and the second change was to Mediums, which they all finished the Race with. These AI should have been disqualified. 

TL;DR, The Auto strategies do not give the player the required Tire Compounds, make sure to edit your strategy for it to show you what tire compounds are required so you aren't disqualified, at least until Codies can fix this bug, also, the AI cheat.

• Like 1

Good thought, but not sure that's really the issue.  By the rules, you only need to use one of the two mandatory compounds, not both.  This is stated on the "Stint Vitals" screen as "You must use at least two different compounds with a minimum of one being the mandatory race tyre for the weekend (usually the harder two of the three compounds)."  By that rule, the AI didn't cheat but you did get cheated with a DQ.

For Australia, the mandatory compounds are Medium and Hard - it does allow me to make a custom strategy starting on Softs and changing once to Medium.  This was also the default strategy that I used when I was DQ'ed - my customization was just to change the lap I set to come in.  If you try to start on Soft and change to Soft, you DO get the warning/error that you're not using a mandatory compound.

Edited by JKSullivan
  • Agree 2

In that case the Game is looking at it that the Player should use *both* the required compounds while the rules say it should only need one of the 2?

Actually wait, I think you've identified the issue;

6 minutes ago, JKSullivan said:

"You must use at least two different compounds with a minimum of one being the mandatory race tyre for the weekend (usually the harder two of the three compounds)."

What if the game is identifying that last part as a must? So you must use the harder of the required compounds? So if the required tires are Medium and Hard, using Soft and Hard would be fine, but Soft and Medium would not.. While the rules might state you can use only one of the tires, if the game is taking that you have to use the Harder of the required compounds then that would mean anyone using Soft and Medium would get the Disqualification, and all the posts I've seen have been people using both Soft and Medium, Hard has not been mentioned in any of the posts I have read, that might merely be coincidence, but I'm 90% sure I ran Soft and Hard tires on Australia without issue, no DQ or anything. 

I broke my front wing on the First lap so i changed tyres from soft to mediums on the First lap and at the end of the race I got Disqualified from the race for using the right compound of tyres. It's like it didn't count i had soft tyres on at the beginning of the race.

F1 2020.png

F1 2020 (3).png

• Agree 1

I had this and reported it sunday, shame i had 2 days with this and not a single reply 😞
Mine was in M Team, 1st race of season and 14th out 15th lap and not only do i get forced to change tyres for a 3rd set but i retired 3 times from scratch to try avoid the glitch but Lewis Hamilton will also go out of the race at the very same point seconds after the compound glitch message.

59 minutes ago, AshCaboose said:

In that case the Game is looking at it that the Player should use *both* the required compounds while the rules say it should only need one of the 2?

Actually wait, I think you've identified the issue;

What if the game is identifying that last part as a must? So you must use the harder of the required compounds? So if the required tires are Medium and Hard, using Soft and Hard would be fine, but Soft and Medium would not.. While the rules might state you can use only one of the tires, if the game is taking that you have to use the Harder of the required compounds then that would mean anyone using Soft and Medium would get the Disqualification, and all the posts I've seen have been people using both Soft and Medium, Hard has not been mentioned in any of the posts I have read, that might merely be coincidence, but I'm 90% sure I ran Soft and Hard tires on Australia without issue, no DQ or anything. 

You say this but every team/driver started on soft and swap to medium in every one of the 3 new my team careers tried to get rid of this glitch.
So every driver would have had to make an extra change yet they dont.

Tire strategies are just plain messed up in this game - I finally finished Australia with a custom strategy.  Then I moved on to Bahrain and finished 3-phase qualifying, all 3 phases were run on the soft tire, parc ferme rules are on.  Check the strategies at the start of the race, and the default strategy had me STARTING on mediums and changing to hard, never running the softs at all.  Didn't bother to race it to see if I'd be DQed because I don't want to waste my time yet again.

Just had this happen to me again I was about to get a win in the my Team mode in japan as the AI seem really bad there considering I was getting about P16 before then all off a sudden I am over a second Faster then everyone at Japan but the game wanted to Disqualify me instead. I even pitted on the second too last lap to softs just in case i get P10 or something so i can get a point but as soon as i left the Pit i got DSQ. I wasted 50 mins of my life again.

I have yet to to test it, but looks like there's a workaround being discussed on Steam:

Choose your race strategy and once you have decided select "edit". Make any random change and "revert". If you try to close at this point it will tell you that you do not have a mandatory tyre despite showing them both lit up.

Simply select Stint 2 and manually change the tyre and back to the preferred one, it will now save and the DQ won't happen.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ah well. Wanted to report the bug as well because I encountered it in Bahrain when starting from Softs and pitting for Mediums twice. But I see there is this thread already, so I don't need to

Restarted the race and did it the 50% race 3 times (my thumbs hurt like crazy now)... 2 times I got the DSQ at the last lap.

In the 3rd attempt I used the alternative strategy using Soft->Medium->Hard... and it worked even if it wasn't as efficient.

Funny thing is the AI uses the S/M/M strategy without getting DSQ'd... and I had to defend against Hamilton and Vettel in the end like crazy because they had the faster tires. xD

Edited by MeduSalem
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, MeduSalem said:

Ah well. Wanted to report the bug as well because I encountered it in Bahrain when starting from Softs and pitting for Mediums twice. But I see there is this thread already, so I don't need to

Restarted the race and did it the 50% race 3 times (my thumbs hurt like crazy now)... 2 times I got the DSQ at the last lap.

In the 3rd attempt I used the alternative strategy using Soft->Medium->Hard... and it worked even if it wasn't as efficient.

Funny thing is the AI uses the S/M/M strategy without getting DSQ'd... and I had to defend against Hamilton and Vettel in the end like crazy because they had the faster tires. xD

Please report your issue regardless @MeduSalem as it helps us.

• BarryBL changed the title to DSQ from Tyre Change Master Thread
  • BarryBL pinned this topic
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic