Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

DSQ from Tyre Change Master Thread

Posted (edited)

I was doing the Zandvoort race in My Team mode on Xbox One X, using my Thrustmaster TX wheel. I did a 25% race against 110% AI and started on the softs and went to the mediums when the SC got on track in lap 8 out of 18. However, two laps before the end of the race I suddenly got the message that I would be DSQed because I didn't use two different tyre compounds. I ignored it as I was like, I've used both already. And of course I got the black flag in the end. If video footage is necessary, I streamed the race on Twitch, so I can make a highlight video so it's only this race. 

15943967929151799954111007154339.jpg

15943970738187290758796517474166.jpg

Edited by laurens98

This is currently with devs as posted here :

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, I'm having this issue as well, and I found this kind of weird behavior which I recorded that it may help as a workaround or a way of developers find a solution.

Edited by Trilogy94
  • Like 1

I've had the same bug. 2 stop race around bahrain included screenshots, not replicated, Xbox One, most recent patch (1.03 i think)

EcllMGVWsAARvCN.thumb.jpeg.d980e3463f7c719d7fe63fefc1751d54.jpegEcllM3YX0AICbt1.jpeg.7aa125280627ba21c09eb67dbf24b749.jpeg

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

• Disqualified due to not using required tire compound, but I did use required tire compound. Otherwise, the entire grid should have been disqualified.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

• My Team

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

• 2 - Bahrain and Vietnam.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue.

• In pre-race strategy, I changed fuel load, pit lap, tire compounds.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

• Logitech Driving Force GT

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

20200710093316_1.thumb.jpg.4ebed47f8ae4fed1a1f2155a323498e3.jpg

i have the same bug on pc in australia. i have restart de race 3 times but it still give me the message that i need to change the compound wgen i already pit to an other conpound

Disqualified on last lap at Zandvoort on My Team. Changed from Soft to Medium on Lap 8.

20200711040059_1.thumb.jpg.55473392caaeddb523417daf994f3466.jpg

20200711035238_1.thumb.jpg.4b272a0ea97b7721274d5b301658c700.jpg

On 7/9/2020 at 3:01 AM, RvZPolarBear said:

Is this fixed? Because I can't find new issues posted by users. I'm not willing to test it myself again, because I had to do a entire race, with the change I had to do it all over again.

Not for me.

Hello I have this beug at the penultimate lap of the grand prix while I have respected the rules is it known and will it be settled?

It was really painful to do 30 minutes - 1 hour of racing to be disqualified for something you have to respect

C'était vraiment pénible de faire 30 minutes - 1 heure de course pour être disqualifié pour quelque chose que tu dois respecter

It's with the devs. Likely remedied in next major update

Posted (edited)

Guys... The bug is the game basically not recognizing whatever tire you are starting the race on... so you basically have to pit 2 times for 2 different tire sets during race to make up for it.

So until a patch/update is out to fix the issue I recommend this as a temporary workaround if you get DSQ'd using 1 stops in 25% races, that is if you don't mind aggressive driving or low AI setting:

1. Qualify with Softs (because fastest)
  2. Before the race set up a 2 stop strategy
  3. 2nd stint: Put on the mandatory tire for the weekend (usually Medium) or alternative again softs (if you are good about the tire wear, which is usually what I do)
  4. 3rd stint: Put the option tire (usually Soft/Hard, whatever you like, it doesn't matter) or alternative the mandatory medium if you used softs in the 2nd stint.
  5. Move the 2nd stop all the way back to the end of the race as far as possible... should be the penultimate lap.
  6. Min/Max the 1st/2nd stint lengths until the entire strategy needs the least time (It will take longer than default due to additional Pitstop delta time).
  7. Start race...
  8. Drive like crazy on first 1st stint and take as many positions as you can get or chase far ahead of the field (if you are P1) or just cheese the AI difficulty down and drive casually ahead the field
  9. Do the first stop when pit window opens.
  10. Drive again like crazy on 2nd stint
  11. Do the 2nd stop at the pen-ultimate lap as scheduled from the strategy.
  12. Race to the end.
  13. You shouldn't get any Tire regulation warning and won't get DSQ'd.

You could do the 2nd stop earlier instead of driving ahead as far as possible, the total race time will reduce obviously due using fresher tires for longer, but if you do then it is highly likely that you will end up back in the field again after the 2nd stop and then you will be struggling to regain the positions since you have to overtake a lot more... and the overtakes can take in sum much longer than the additional time you'd need if you put the 2nd pit stop all the way to the end.

Successfully advanced with that further in the career all the way to Silverstone (encountered the Bug first in Bahrain, after few re-runs and tests I took no chances anymore and did the same at every race since, with Monaco being the hardest drive of my life (won and felt happy that I beat the bug) because it is difficult to fit a 2nd stop in a 25% race even all the way at the end of the race after driving ahead as much as possible... since the AI is much better there than on every other track... so you might still lose tons of positions).

The +15-18 sek for the 2nd stop may be inefficient and you have to either drive harder to make up for it or tone down the AI but this way you can work around the bug until it is fixed.

Edited by MeduSalem

I got dq after Soft - Medium - Soft, so i dont think your workaround will help. (50% Race)

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, flxwitte said:

I got dq after Soft - Medium - Soft, so i dont think your workaround will help. (50% Race)

Well I especially wrote 25% races. There it has worked for me for 8-9 different races or however many it is from Bahrain to Silverstone.

Haven't tested the workaround for 50% races.

But if you took note of what the Tire regulation warning said in the pen ultimate lap then you could try adding one more stint (in your case a 4th one) using that tire of which it says that you lack it... and try again and see if you still get dsq'd.

Edited by MeduSalem

In my case, when I check the tyre selection screen, it only shows 2 types of tyre (medium and hard), both mandatory,

the problem started in Hanoi. I'm not sure if the problem persisted in China, since I choosed theses compound. In Netherlands it was raining (thanks god the game did not pushed me to use 2 dry compounds).

I tryed to play as the game suggested and with a custom tyre selection. But it only worked when I made a strategy with a medium and a hard compound.

20200710232507_1.jpg

Posted (edited)

I had the same problem in Barhain, restarted 3 times ... But after I did the workaround posted on steam (on the 1st page of this thread) I'm now able to finish my races without DQ. Very annoying bug.

Edited by RedmanQc

Its not fixed yet.. It happend to me few minutes ago.. Rage Quit :-(

I wonder if its linked to progressing to Q3. I hadn't come across the bug at all using 25% races until I got to a race where I progress to Q3 for the first time and the bug reared its head.

Didnt get out of Q1 for my next race so I'll see if it happens again.

Same happens for me on 25% races. Currently unplayable in My Team mode.

Is there any workaround for this issue?

I had it on Vietnam, I ran Softs/Mediums as per the primary race strategy. Should I just switch to Hards instead?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Retr0fly said:

Is there any workaround for this issue?

I had it on Vietnam, I ran Softs/Mediums as per the primary race strategy. Should I just switch to Hards instead?

Yes, I have found a workaround yesterday that works for me doing 25% races.

Ï have found that the bug is the game basically not recognizing whatever tire you are starting the race on... so you basically have to pit 2 times for 2 different tire sets during race to make up for it:

1. Qualify in Q2 with Softs (because fastest) (if you already did Q2 on Medium it's not a problem, it's just going to be slower and a little bit tougher during the race, did that in Bahrain because I didn't expect the bug to happen and was too late to change)
  2. Before the race manually set up a 2 stop strategy as follows:
  3. 2nd stint: Put on the mandatory tire for the weekend (usually Medium) or alternative again softs (If you are good about tire wear this going to be faster and it is what I do)
  4. 3rd stint: Put the option tire (either Soft/Hard if you used Medium in 2nd stint) or alternative the mandatory medium (if you used softs in the 2nd stint, it is what I do)
  5. Manually move the 2nd stop all the way back to the end of the race as far as possible... it should be the penultimate lap.
  6. Manually Min/Max the 1st/2nd stint lengths until the entire strategy needs the least time (Obviously it will take longer than default due to the additional Pitstop delta time).
  7. Start race...
  8. Drive like crazy on first 1st stint and take as many positions as you can get or chase far ahead of the field (if you are P1) or just cheese the AI difficulty down and drive casually ahead the field
  9. Do the first stop when pit window opens.
  10. Drive again like crazy on 2nd stint to open up a gap again
  11. Do the 2nd stop at the pen-ultimate lap as scheduled from the strategy.
  12. Race to the end.
  13. You shouldn't get the Tire regulation warning and won't get DSQ'd.

That said: You could do the 2nd stop earlier instead of driving ahead as far as possible, the total race time will reduce obviously due being on fresher tires for longer, but if you do then it is highly likely that you will end up back in the field again too soon after the 2nd stop and then you will be struggling to regain the positions since you have to re-overtake a lot more... and the overtakes can take in sum much longer than the additional time you'd need due to worn out tires if you put the 2nd pit stop all the way to the end.

Successfully advanced with that further in the career all the way to Silverstone (encountered the Bug first in Bahrain, after few re-runs and tests I took no chances anymore and did the same at every race since, with Monaco being the hardest drive of my life (won and felt happy that I beat the bug) because it is difficult to fit a 2nd stop in a 25% race even all the way at the end of the race after driving ahead as much as possible... since the AI is much better there than on every other track on the calendar... so you might still lose tons of positions there in the end depending on your skill in Monaco).

The +15-18 sek for the 2nd stop may be inefficient of course and you have to either drive harder to make up for it or tone down the AI but this way you can work around the bug until it is fixed.

Also I don't know wether the workaround works on other race lengths than 25%.

Edited by MeduSalem

this is really a shame, what if I want to keep the AI at a certain difficulty lvl, I can't even get to the front because in career mode the car isn't as fast as it could be?!