Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DSQ from Tyre Change Master Thread

Saturday July 11th, My team, same bug occurring! I keep getting disqualified on the penultimate lap for the right tire compounds. 

Yeah...same issue. 

You have to use the two mandatory tires. Usually medium and hard or you get disqualified. So annoying.

It says you only need to use one but that is the bug. You actually have to use two. So you have do qualifying on Mediums and then Mediums at start of race and Hards to finish. You can't use soft tyres...otherwise disqualified.

Please fix bug!!! :-)

The same thing has just happened to me. I am currently at China in My Team mode. The qualifying session was wet and then changed to dry. I started on the soft tires and switched to mediums in the pits. With one lap to go, I was told to make a pit stop because we hadn’t used both dry compounds. I pitted, and was disqualified. Obviously I’m very angry, because I started on pole and was leading.

Is this some kind of joke?? This thing should be Unit Tested in logic side from d1 that F1 was developed, not in X'th version of it in F1 2020, just wth ;D Ruining peoples My Team mode and time.

QA tests should catch this up before release as well.

20200711231905_1.jpg

20200711231910_1.jpg

15 hours ago, Rengar7 said:

Its not fixed yet.. It happend to me few minutes ago.. Rage Quit 😞

Same here, very annoying after a good race. Happend to me in my team, first race. 25%, started in soft, switched to medium but got a DQ...

Had the same issue yesterday at Melbourne for My Career. Did half-race, last lap get DQ'd

How to fix this bug:
When you are on the starting line and you choose the strategy, you must take one of the 2 and personalize it. If you take a strategy personalize there is no more beug to personalize it just for example add a third stop to the stands and remove it just after. ;)
Here I hope I could help you

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

In FP1 I used both sets of mediums rather than using mediums then a set of soft's the rule is two sets (the most worn) from a session should be returned.  However not only did I return a set of mediums and a set of softs instead of the two sets of mediums.  In FP2 i got a totally unworn set of mediums to use.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.03 PC

3.       Game-mode?  MyTeam mode
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Happened on some test games i did after (just the 4 min) basically ran a session just used the two sets of mediums i had (from softest tyre allocation setup) and each time it returned just the tyres which were recommended for FP1 and i got a free set of new unworn mediums for fp2 

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

N/A

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

XBox game pad

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

No can provide if you feel its needed.

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 5:34 PM, BarryBL said:

@AnimeGroover how many times have you replicated this? Screenshots and videos will also help here.

On 7/8/2020 at 7:08 PM, BarryBL said:

Please report your issue regardless @MeduSalem as it helps us.

Come on Bro, how is this still not one of the KNOWN KEY ISSUES, this bug is making the game unplayable. I really want to play but I can't since this DSQ bug happens again and again. At least let us know you guys are working on it or have noticed it, thanks so much guys!

Edited by BugsGone

I had the same issue as well. Maybe not an "issue", but it is a bit immersion breaking.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
I used the standard medium and hard for P1 in Australia and drove about 5 laps on each. I then finished the session, loaded back into the paddock screen, and exited My Team and the game for the day. When I returned the following day (in other words, I did restart the game between doing P1 and P2) and loaded into P2, the two sets of tyres I used in P1 were available to equip and had 0% wear. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen).
1.03 PC

3.       Game-mode?
My Team.

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.
Only 1 replication - I plan to test this with more sessions, but I thought I'd share my experience since this post was already created.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue
None just yet.

Fanatec CSW V2.5, Fanatec V3 pedals, Fanatec Formula V2 rim.

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  
Similar to the OP above, I can take screenshots of before/after next time I encounter the issue if the written description does not suffice.

Posted (edited)

just had a race in Bahrain

started with medium, had 1 pitstop for soft

on the penultimate lap, the tyre compound type warning appeared

dropped from 1st to 5th after the unnecessary pitstop on last lap

I was so angry that I deliberately crashed the car at the end of 2nd DRS zone

Edited by alnchn

Not sure if this is the case because I can’t be bothered testing it, but I’ve noticed that I have never encountered this bug in a race where I use the Hard tires at some point. Maybe the hards are erroneously set as the only mandatory tyre for the player? Idk it could just be coincidence. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TomEmilioDavies said:

Not sure if this is the case because I can’t be bothered testing it, but I’ve noticed that I have never encountered this bug in a race where I use the Hard tires at some point. Maybe the hards are erroneously set as the only mandatory tyre for the player? Idk it could just be coincidence. 

Nope.

In 25% races I can perfectly overcome the bug by customizing the strategy at the beginning of the race to use Softs/Medium for 2nd stint and vice versa for a 3rd stint. Don't need to use hard to avoid the DSQ (but I can use hards instead of softs if their are the option tires, did that in Bahrain and it worked too but is slower). But I definitely have to do a customized 2 stop strategy.

I can also start with the 1-stop strategy using Soft/Medium for 2nd stint but I then have to manually call in for 2nd stop to use the other tire.

Whatever I do... 2 stop and switching to the 2 different compounds DURING the race is the only way to avoid the DSQ.

So I feel more like the bug is that the game doesn't recognize the tire you start on.

Edited by MeduSalem

To update here, we have replicated and currently working on a fix. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

Merged about 400 topics here 😛

Can users who have experienced this please can we ask players to create a mid session save, backup and provide their save games? Easiest to do on win64, just zip up and upload the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your user id>\1080110\remote

Sending save games via console would be useful too. We have replicated this internally, but need more examples for us to clarify and confirm the issue.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I just experienced this bug too.

My Team Chinese GP (lap 27 of 28).

Received a text prompt and a voice warning from Jeff saying that I haven't used the soft or hard compound tire yet -- I started the race on softs, pitted in laps 4 and 16 for mediums.

Edit: Reloaded a midsession save (lap 24) and I pitted to put on soft tyres. On lap 27, the tire warning prompt indicated I haven't used a Medium or Hard Tire.

Edited by Redfanwhite

Posted (edited)

this is my mid session save file with the issue

My team save 1, mid session save file just before crossing start line and getting the warning. Two different tyre compounds used during the race (softs and mediums)

remote.rar

Edited by iraderi
clarification

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Merged about 400 topics here 😛

Can users who have experienced this please can we ask players to create a mid session save, backup and provide their save games? Easiest to do on win64, just zip up and upload the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your user id>\1080110\remote

Sending save games via console would be useful too. We have replicated this internally, but need more examples for us to clarify and confirm the issue.

Hello @BarryBL, here is mine:
the midsessions ones seems to be just time I've encountered the problem,
it's save from 17/18 lap, just before being DSQ
I was on S then swapped to M, but game did not recognise it

The things that can help you reproduce:

- I have chosen personalised racing strategy after doing race pace practice few times before

- I have clicked personalised racing strategy and swapped it with predicted few times to just check

If you could fix this game save in return I would be grateful as I find very little time to play with two kids at home.

remote.zip

Just had this happen towards the end of my first race on My Team mode, PS4, 50% race.

Started on medium to hard strategy, mediums were lasting well so decided to stay out longer. Pitted on lap 20/29 & changed to softs.

Thought it was strange team said I'd need one more stop on way out of pits. Ignored the request to box on lap 26, next lap they informed me I hadn't used the mandatory 2 dry weather compounds.

Crashed whilst distracted by it & rage quit 😂 Gutted as I'd had hell of a race up to that point! 

There is a way to fix the bug as said above but yes it was painful this bug mdr

i just had the bug this is the 2nd or 3rd time. I tried the work around as posted but it doesnt work all the time.

I will try next time, but to be honest it's not filling me with hope reading other replies & it's not motivating me to play thinking it might all be in vain. 

Decided on maximum realism with F1 2020, all assists off, starting with AI at 90 & was intending to up the AI & race distance after getting settled in, but this has put me off spending 1-2 hours on a race completely! 

Fingers crossed a fix is sorted quickly! 🤞🏻

Disqualified for not using required tire compounds during the race in China. I started on Softs, pitted at the end of lap 5 and put on Mediums.  14 lap race in my team. I got the warning at the end of lap 13, i changed the tires but got still disqualified

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Ps4 Pro, 1.03

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team

First time in the race in China, i used some flashbacks but nothing helped. 

Noting

Logitech G29 

No extra pictures. 

Really hope this is fixed soon.

Is it just the My Team mode that has this bug?