Jump to content Jump to content

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Black flagged because of not using hards or softs even though i started with the softs

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Latest Version 1.03

3.       Game-mode? 

My-team mode

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

2 times

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Appearantly i need to stick to the official strategy if i want to avoid this issue

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech Gamepad

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Screenshot just before disqualification showing i have used softs + every other driver has used softs.

Screenshot_193.jpg

5 hours ago, MeduSalem said:

Ah bem. Queria relatar o bug também, porque o encontrei no Bahrein ao iniciar no Softs e colocar duas mídias para os médiuns. Mas vejo que já existe esse encadeamento, então não preciso

Reiniciei a corrida e fiz a corrida de 50% 3 vezes (meus polegares doem como loucos agora) ... 2 vezes, obtive o DSQ na última volta.

Na terceira tentativa, usei a estratégia alternativa usando Soft-> Medium-> Hard ... e funcionou mesmo que não fosse tão eficiente.

O engraçado é que a IA usa a estratégia S / M / M sem sofrer DSQ ... e eu tive que me defender contra Hamilton e Vettel no final como um louco, porque eles tinham pneus mais rápidos. xD

My disqualification in Bahrain was exactly like that, Soft - Medium - Medium.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here

Black flagged because of not using correct tyre compound 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Latest Version 1.03

3.       Game-mode? 

My-team mode

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Once

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Appearantly i need to stick to the official strategy if i want to avoid this issue

ThrustMaster T150

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Even in race director it shows I used both compounds, but the order isn't correct as I started on mediums and then used two sets of softs... Frustrating beyond belief after SC period found myself finishing 7.... 

15942141680223120233027235415931.jpg

15942141972656620366479543816855.jpg

14 minutes ago, RvZPolarBear said:

Is this fixed? Because I can't find new issues posted by users. I'm not willing to test it myself again, because I had to do a entire race, with the change I had to do it all over again.

As of now there is no update/patch. So it is still there.

For the time being I started the My Team career from scratch doing 25% races (and also because I made some different sponsor/engine/starting question choices). That avoids having to do 2-stops. Because from what I have noticed it seems to happen more commonly with 2-stop strategies (for whatever reason I don't know).

If I would have to take a wild guess the bug is located somewhere with the change/addition of mandatory tires for a weekend... which wasn't that way the last time I played with F1 2018 (didn't play 2019)

That said if it happens again I will retry different strategies and rerun the race. With 25% races it isn't that much of a pain as it was for me when I started with 50% races.

If you don't want to gamble I would wait for an update.

Edited by MeduSalem
2 hours ago, MeduSalem said:

As of now there is no update/patch. So it is still there.

For the time being I started the My Team career from scratch doing 25% races (and also because I made some different sponsor/engine/starting question choices). That avoids having to do 2-stops. Because from what I have noticed it seems to happen more commonly with 2-stop strategies (for whatever reason I don't know).

If I would have to take a wild guess the bug is located somewhere with the change/addition of mandatory tires for a weekend... which wasn't that way the last time I played with F1 2018 (didn't play 2019)

That said if it happens again I will retry different strategies and rerun the race. With 25% races it isn't that much of a pain as it was for me when I started with 50% races.

If you don't want to gamble I would wait for an update.

I had it with the 25% races. It seems like the game code is saying the Hard tyre has to be used. All the time I had Medium-Hard tyres, I had no DSQ. But with the Medium-Soft I did. Soft-Hard I will test the next race

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

No error codes but basically once I'm in the garage during practice, I can't immediately change my tyre compound. 

To change tyre I have to go to the tyre select screen, change to car setup screen and then go back to tyre select screen. Only when I performed the above steps I can successfully change my tyre.

These steps have to be repeated every time you leave the car settings tab (example if I go to the lap times tab I have to repeat the steps above to change my tyre compound)

Version 1.0.3

3.       Game-mode? 

My team mode

To change tyre I have to go to the tyre select screen, change to car setup screen and then go back to tyre select screen. Only when I performed the above steps I can successfully change my tyre.

These steps have to be repeated every time you leave the car settings tab (example if I go to the lap times tab I have to repeat the steps above to change my tyre compound)

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Please see answer number 4

FANATEC CSL ELITE F1 PS4

Please see the video attached where I replicate the issue and the workaround

On 7/8/2020 at 1:21 PM, blinkkkRIPfps said:

Black flagged because of not using hards or softs even though i started with the softs

Latest Version 1.03

3.       Game-mode? 

My-team mode

2 times

Appearantly i need to stick to the official strategy if i want to avoid this issue

Logitech Gamepad

Screenshot just before disqualification showing i have used softs + every other driver has used softs.

Screenshot_193.jpg

same here on 1.03 on pc. 

Changed the strategy from Red-White to Red-Yellow before the race. 

50% Race in Aserbaidschan, MY TEAM Mode, two laps before Race end i got the message to change my tyres because of the rule with two different compunds. I started on soft first stop change to soft and second stop change to Medium.
1.03 PC
3.       Game-mode? 
MY TEAM
Had this bug two times first in Zandvoort and now in Aserbaidschan, i choosed the standart strategys at race start.
---
G29 Wheel
See below

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Cartmendes

This is definitely a weird one as myself and a friend both have done Australia (1.01) and neither of us were dsq. I even mentioned it to him as u saw it on here first. Both soft to medium one stop 25% race

PS4 Pro 

F1 2020 v1.03 (Digital PSN Schumacher Edition)

My Team Mode ( 50% Race lenght)

Australia ( Soft - Medium - Soft)

(Switched from the default S-S-M to S-M-S)

-> Got disqualified for not using two different tyre compounds in the last lap...

Edited by flxwitte

PC version 1.03. I had the same bug at Vietnam GP. I used soft-soft-medium strategy and got DSQ for not using two different tyre compounds at the start of last lap. One lap earlier I got information about changing tyres but information has closed after 1 sec and didn't know what was that. I saved the video through experience and could see what the game wanted to tell me.

lol.png

On PS4 I had the same issue today on my second race in My Team

version 1.03, OSQ and 25% race distance.

Started on fresh softs and pitted for mediums, got disqualified at the end for not using the hard tyre. 

I'm a bit scared to continue career with this bug around to be honest, hope it gets addressed asap.

Edited by Worntoathread

Same here on PC in Bahrain, 25% Race length, short qualifying, default tyre strategy without any changes.

The AI did the same stops and the same strategy without getting DSQed.

Black flagged because of not using hards or mediums even though i pitted for the mediums.

Latest Version 1.03

3.       Game-mode? 

My-team mode

At the race strategy page, for the default tyre strategy:

Pressing the edit strategy key, then the revert strategy key and then the back key gives you the error message that you have to assign a mandatory tyre compound to at least one stint (sS).

Changing the tyre compound on the second stint to either hard and then back to medium, or soft and then medium lets you press the back key without the error message.

It seems like the default tyre strategy only uses the left overs from the Qualifying and not the actual race tyres.

Thrustmaster T300

11.jpg

Edited by Deathmerlin
New informations inserted

Disqualified for not using required tire compounds (2 compounds or more?) during the race (It was supposed to be fine if I use two tyre compounds in a race right?), and they were in several different scenarios. I started on Softs, pitted at the end of lap 4/5/6 and put on Mediums/Hards, 25% length race, running till the second last lap of race then it DSQ me.  It has already wasted 10hrs+ of my life. Please FIX IT ASAP thanks a lot really appreciate your works.

PC Steam, 1.03?

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team and My Career

It happened in both My Team and My Career modes, I have encountered this about 6 times, in Canada/Bahrain/China GP haven't played latter GPs because the DSQ happens again and again. Everything was fine until it says I didn't use 2 tyre compounds and DSQ me from the race. I guess you don't need to try very hard to replicate this because I tried a lot of different things (like other players said change tyre strats at the beginning of race, but DSQ still happens) My guess is that it might happens to relate to race length because that is the only thing I have change, 25% length race and short (one-lap) quali session is my setting.

Changed tyre strategies and Game Modes, didn't help.

Using Thrustmaster T300

Edited by BugsGone

Disqualified for not using required tire compounds during the race in Australia. I have chosen strategy 2 (S-M-M). In lap 6 I drove into the pits and changed from soft to medium. In lap 17 I changed from medium to medium. On lap 28, I was disqualified because I would not have used the required number of tyre compounds. Shortly before I got a hint that I should drive into the pits again. I thought it was a display error, a few meters further on I was disqualified.

PC Steam, 1.03, Michael Schumacher Edition

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team

It happened in My Team mode, I have not played the career mode yet. After three attempts I gave up.

Changed tyre strategies, didn't help.

Using Logitech G29

It was not possible for me to take screenshots or videos. But since the problem occurs here several times, these are already available.

Disqualified for not using required tire compounds during the race.  I started on Softs, pitted at the end of lap 5 and put on Mediums, pitted again at Lap 16 for Mediums.  28 lap race, got the warning at the end of lap 27 and DQed after crossing the line at the end of lap 27. 

PC Steam Micheal Schumacher Edtion version number 1.03

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team

Round 1 & 2 was normal without any Problems, at the begin of Round 3 (Vietnam) I changed the Race Length from 25% to 50% but crashed at Round 6. At Round 4 (China) the Problem shown up the first Time for me. So its was the first full Race after changing from 25% to 50%, after 26 Rounds a Message appeared at the Top Screen because of Tyres for 3 secs. Team Radio also called out that Mercedes was preparing to get in Bottas, who was in Front of me, but he didnt go for the Pit so I didnt too. At the End of Round 27 I got DSQ, Bottas got Place 3.

None, because I didnt want to Race 1 Hour of China again.

Using XBox One Wireless Controller

20200709231449_1.thumb.jpg.c89f18cf24280e489508d20775942466.jpg20200709231445_1.thumb.jpg.1fd5da3067d7ecd45ae82dc7834c5606.jpg20200709231442_1.thumb.jpg.a52029231a8834cf47a6228aa2e29eef.jpg

Same bug for me in Canada in MyTeam. Started on Soft, pitted at the end of lap 1 for Mediums under the safety car, and again for Mediums later in the race. I had to pit a third time in the last lap because of the bug, thankfully with all the safety cars I still managed to score points but this bug is annoying

PS4, 1.03 Schumacher Edition 

Game mode : My Team

Playing with a controller

It's the first time I encountered the bug, it was round 6 of my first season in MyTeam (16 races season) 

Edited by CosmosPalace

While the bug is kinda annoying... In the meantime I seem to have found a workaround that reliably works for me if you can afford it:

Whatever tire you start with... go into the race strategy and pick the mandatory/optional tires for 2nd stint and 3rd stint manually. In most cases it is Mediums (2nd stint) and Softs (3rd stint). Only in Bahrain I used Hards instead of softs because I had no fresh soft left and it still seemed to work as replacement because I believe there the Mandatory is only Medium so either Soft/Hard are optional but still required for a third stint to avoid the DSQ.

From what I have tested so far it seems like the bug kinda feels like the system ignores whatever tire you start on in the 1st stint and hence thinks you didn't use any tire yet so you have to manually pick the 2 Mandatory tire (for races with 2 mandatories) or the 1 mandatory tire and an optional one (to fullfill the 2 compound rule) respectively for 2nd and 3rd stints.

Also from what I noticed if the game doesn't consider it a legal/valid strategy after fiddling around with it manually it will display an error and won't let you leave the strategy screen until you fixed it... but once its fixed it shouldn't cause the DSQ. BUT funnily from what I also noticed is that if you pick the default 2 stop strat that the game sometimes suggests automatically it might still cause a DSQ. So you kinda have to fiddle with it manually just to be sure the game legally accepts it as a valid strategy.

With that I managed to over come the DSQ in 4 races: Bahrain, Vietnam, China and Zandvoort. (Funnily in Australia the default 1 stop strat seemed to work for me and I only encountred the bug beginning with Bahrain).

I am going to use that above 2 stop strat for the further races too even if it could be done in 1 stop just to be safe because I don't want to have to re-race any more races because after doing like 5 races and re-racing each one 2 or 3 times for testing purposes to see which strats work and which don't I am slowly getting tired of seeing DSQs in the last laps as I start to feel like that with this pace I could already have made it to the end of the championship/season.

I wrote "afford it" at the beginning because if you do 2 stops then 25% races become an absolute nightmare. You have to push like crazy with aggressive driving as if you'd be under attack at all time + ERS/Fuel to Rich as much as possible to make partly up for the additional pitstop delta time so that you are at least get back into attack range when you switch to the fresh softs for the 3rd stint which may enable you attack and retake some of the positions you lost if you couldn't close the gap from the additional pitstop delta time since most of the AI will be on Mediums/Hards on their then 2nd stint and hence be slower than you. Saving the Softs for the 3rd stint is the key for a better attack then.

That or just cheese the AI difficulty down to the point you casually make up for the additional pitstop deltatime because the AI is just too slow. But that may not be that fun.

I hope they release a patch soon™ because I already consider cheesing the AI difficulty somewhat because my thumb is getting sore from the re-runs and aggressive driving.

Edited by MeduSalem
  • BarryBL changed the title to DSQ from Tyre Change Master Thread
  • BarryBL pinned this topic
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic