Jump to content Jump to content

7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Merged about 400 topics here 😛

Can users who have experienced this please can we ask players to create a mid session save, backup and provide their save games? Easiest to do on win64, just zip up and upload the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your user id>\1080110\remote

Sending save games via console would be useful too. We have replicated this internally, but need more examples for us to clarify and confirm the issue.

I noticed a bug i reported was merged here for a different issue is this also been fixed/replicated by the codies team?

I had the same issue on my first two races, playing on XBox. But i think i have a workaround to avoid this glitch:

- There are always two options for race strategy, for example: 1. Soft -> Medium 2. Soft -> Hard

- When you check both options, at option 1 you will see 'mandatory tyre: M' and at option 2 'mandatory tyre: H'

- When you want option 1 for your strategy: go to edit option 2, change Stint 2 Hard tyre to a Medium tyre. So that option 1 and 2 are equally the same.

This works for me.

I guess the glitch will happen when you have option 1 mandatory medium and option 2 mandatory hard, i think the game will see both tyres as mandatory.

Probably hard to say, but is there any idea on when a fix will be available, is it hours, days, weeks, months? I'm checking this thread a few times a day, as I'm really eager to play the my team mode, but is pretty useless if I get DQ'ed every race

• Agree 5
1 hour ago, BartR92 said:

I guess the glitch will happen when you have option 1 mandatory medium and option 2 mandatory hard, i think the game will see both tyres as mandatory.

How much have you tested this though? I’ll give it a try but seeing as the bug doesn’t happen reliably every single race it’s very hard to tell whether a potential fix is working of if the bug just didn’t happen in that race. 

Edit: Nope. Literally my first race attempting this potential fix I get DSQ’d. 

Edited by TomEmilioDavies
58 minutes ago, MaartenH said:

Probably hard to say, but is there any idea on when a fix will be available, is it hours, days, weeks, months? I'm checking this thread a few times a day, as I'm really eager to play the my team mode, but is pretty useless if I get DQ'ed every race

Hopefully not in F1 2021 ;D

Do we have any idea what is actually causing this bug? I have a theory that the game expects you to use both of the mandatory tires over the course of the weekend and will disqualify you if if didn’t use the hards/mediums in practice or simmed the practice sessions and didn’t use both compounds in either the race or qualifying. 

29 minutes ago, TomEmilioDavies said:

Do we have any idea what is actually causing this bug? I have a theory that the game expects you to use both of the mandatory tires over the course of the weekend and will disqualify you if if didn’t use the hards/mediums in practice or simmed the practice sessions and didn’t use both compounds in either the race or qualifying. 

I've got an idea. When I use the Hard tire, I don't get a DQ. So in the programcode should be written you have to use Hard besides the Soft or Medium

I've been having the same problem on Xbox in My Team mode. It occured in my first race in Australia. First I thought I somehow messed things up but after carefully checking the strategy next race it happened again. I got 'around' it by adding another stint but it might have just been pure luck. Then everything seemed fine again in Hanoi and China but started again in Zandvoort. I finally managed to finish it by choosing the alternate strategy which ends with the hard tyre. Again I don't know if picking hards is a workaround or just luck. Great to hear they're working on a fix but I'm hesitant to continue because I might have to restart the career. I'm surprised a game breaking bug/glitch like this could actually make it into the final game :classic_sad:

I have this problem on my PS4. Didn't happen on my first race but I was leading the race in a Williams!!!! and it DSQ'd me :(

Tried a few things, also tried to Qualify with a different compound but didn't help. Any idea when this would be fixed?

3 hours ago, TomEmilioDavies said:

Well from what I have tested so far it seems like the game doesn't recognize whatever tire you are starting on. At least for 25% races that is true.

Normally in 25% races the game suggests you to do only 1 stop races... and if you start on softs and change to mediums for 2nd stint then you get DSQ'd saying that you didn't use softs. And vice versa if you started on mediums and use softs for the 2nd stint it says you didn't use mediums.

So what I do as a workaround which has reliably worked for me is qualify in Q2 with softs so I start on softs, then change to a custom 2 stop strategy before race start... where in 1st stint I have that soft I have to start on, then 2nd stint doing mediums and for a the 3rd stint using softs again. Doing that I can finish the race without any problems.

Alternatively you can do softs on the 2nd stint and mediums on the 3rd stint if you want to, I tried that too and it worked as well... I did that in a retry of Monaco after I could foresee that I was about to lose the race because I was too slow with the mediums and hence couldn't drive out enough time to fit in the 2nd pit stop at the end of the race.

On all other tracks except for Monaco I didn't have that problem so I remained with the S-M-S strategy so I could also do the fastest lap at the end of the race and get the point for it when the tank was empty.

Even if you min/max the lengths of the stints so that you are on fresh tires as long as possible it still is inefficient for sure because you have to make up for good part of the additional pitstop delta time, but it works. At least for 25% races that is.

Edited by MeduSalem

1. A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

During the Race on the circuit of Bahrein, (Short-length, 25%), I started with the Soft tyre. In the 3th lap I got a 'Strategy Change' option. The options where: 1. Keep current, pit for Medium in the next lap. 2. Don't change tyres at all! The first time I choose to keep the Current option (because the other one is against the rules) and pitted in lap 4. When completing lap 13 I got the radio message that I should Pit for either a soft or hard tyre to be within the regulations. Ofcourse, knowing that it shouldn't matter, I got a DSQ on the start op the last lap. 

In the next try I followed the same approach. Starting with Softs, but when the radio message asked me again to choose between a 1-stop or NOT-stopping, I was curious how the system would react. So I choose the other option, pitted at my own selected moment in time for a set of Mediums and went to the end. But again, the notice of not having complied with the tyre compound regulations. And again I was DSQ at lap 14. 

The last try I followed the lead of the system. So started on the Soft tyre, ignored the radio message to do a 0-pit stop strategy, and went on to the end to get the compound regulation message. I pitted that lap for a Soft tyre and went out of the pits where I got a DSQ in the first corner.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.03 PC
3.       Game-mode? 

My Team
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

See the detailed description of step 1. Even as a Backend/Cloud developer I'm not that nuts to do a 4th re-try for the purpose of testing. That's a too much waste of my time, excuse the language.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

This is a bug in the hearth of regulations vs. the length of the race. This isn't fixable for a user/gamer.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Xbox Controller for Windows.

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Not created but the screenshots in the thread above are a accurate description of my frustration the past hour.

Please fix the if-else/case statement that is meant to oversee this part of regulations. The game is unplayable at this stage, because you get a DSQ. It has no point starting the race in that case.

For my part as said above by customizing its tactics the bug is no longer there but yes indeed it can be depressing and does not make you want to play for those who have it
Edited by MPick
How to fix this bug:
When you are on the starting line and you choose the strategy, you must take one of the 2 and personalize it. If you take a strategy personalize there is no more beug to personalize it just for example add a third stop to the stands and remove it just after. ;)
Here I hope I could help you
1 minute ago, OxyTheSheep said:

Just been hit with this for the second time in three races - and I'm pretty sure I only didn't get it the race before because it was a wet race in Hanoi.

Not going to try and continue playing until I see news of a fix.

Yeah me too this cost me my first win. I was so lucky with the safety cars and pitstop I was going to win in alpha tauri

Meh. Any ETA when it is going to be fixed?

Asking because I am no patience and motivation left to play because in Monaco it is impossible to do any workarounds like scheduling a late 2nd pitstop to avoid the DSQ and still win the race because there simply is not enough time in a 25% race to do that.

Edited by MeduSalem