Jump to content Jump to content

DSQ from Tyre Change Master Thread

@BarryBL Is this problem now fixed with the release of the xbox patch 1.03 or are we still waiting for a fix? The patch notes for 1.03 mentioned penalties in a safety car period were resolved but it’s unclear if this means the mandatory tyre disqualification? 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Thorne92 said:

@BarryBL Is this problem now fixed with the release of the xbox patch 1.03 or are we still waiting for a fix? The patch notes for 1.03 mentioned penalties in a safety car period were resolved but it’s unclear if this means the mandatory tyre disqualification? 

No it does not. Please read the 1.03 patch notes for context on, what in reality, these notes are. 

• Administrator
On 7/7/2020 at 6:19 PM, JKSullivan said:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Disqualified for not using required tire compounds during the race.  I started on Softs, pitted at the end of lap 6 and put on Mediums.  15 lap race, got the warning at the end of lap 13 and DQed after crossing the line at the end of lap 14. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

XBox One X, version number 1.01

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

First race - set up brand new team with custom colors, spent resources before starting Australian GP weekend.  Weekends are set up to do all 3 practice sessions, 3 phase qualifying.  I completed ALL practice session programs and used both Soft and Medium tires during practice.  Never used the hard compound during practice or qualifying.  I DID use flashbacks during the race.  At this point, no replication attempted - I have restarted the race session, but saved and quit while still on the grid to get the version number so I have not yet completed the second run.  

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

None available, not possible to do anything other than change tires.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Using standard XBox One controller, no peripherals

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

3f1c9389-3d74-4a95-8316-7c63d11cf2ed_Thumbnail.PNG

e053c128-1ef7-4ea7-9f69-6014ae5a82aa_Thumbnail.PNG

Not a good first impression.....

@JKSullivan I am okay to use these images please for future communications on this topic please.

On 7/8/2020 at 8:08 AM, BarryBL said:

Please report your issue regardless @MeduSalem as it helps us.

SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME: I started to choose the second automatic option of tire compounds, the one that includes the hard tire (white). In this option I only make one stop in the pits. So I was no longer disqualified in any of the races.
The disadvantages that I need to do the entire second part of the race with tires with less grip than the others. This option for me is much better than making two pit stops.
Play on PS4 version 1.04 (September 9th) in My Time mode.

2 hours ago, dudaguedes said:

SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME: I started to choose the second automatic option of tire compounds, the one that includes the hard tire (white). In this option I only make one stop in the pits. So I was no longer disqualified in any of the races.
The disadvantages that I need to do the entire second part of the race with tires with less grip than the others. This option for me is much better than making two pit stops.
Play on PS4 version 1.04 (September 9th) in My Time mode.

So far, this has worked for me as well. 25% race, using alternate strategy (usually softs - hards)

3 hours ago, blabod said:

If the bug is fixed, can we get an explanation from CM on the root cause and whether we can do anything to avoid it?  Or are there too many lawyers between them and us to allow this?

Seriously, read the thread and don't over complicate it - several people have already given the same workaround, but here it is again:

Use the alternate strategy and go from Soft to Hard tires instead of the default Soft to Medium strategy.

58 minutes ago, JKSullivan said:

Seriously, read the thread and don't over complicate it - several people have already given the same workaround, but here it is again:

Use the alternate strategy and go from Soft to Hard tires instead of the default Soft to Medium strategy.

I'd prefer to just be told the exact issue and workaround from those that actually know what the problem is as a basic courtesy to their customers.  CM can easily confirm whether any of the theories posted in this forum actually work or not.

4 hours ago, yrek150 said:

I had this bug in the Driver career mode in F2. Since I started to customize my strategy before every race, this bug not appeared, maybe this is solution fot this bug?

Tried this and unfortunately this doesn't work for me.

So, another race, (Spa, 50%, Driver Career) I started on softs with the plan to switch to mediums, but at the pit stop I made a mid-session save so I could go back on things before the switch.

Switched to mediums and sure enough, told I would get DQ'd.

Went back to the mid-session save and instead switched to Hards. This time, nothing happened. No call, no DQ. I can only guess that Mediums aren't being counted as a mandatory tyre. That's all I can take from it.

It would be great if this one fix could be released as an emergency hotfix because as it stands, we're going to have to switch to Hards when the rest of the field are on Mediums or Softs. I'm in a Williams and it's dragging the game down - twice I've found myself scrapping for 14th or 15th, holding off the car behind me, only to be DQ'd. Go on Hards and I'm a definite last anyway. :classic_unsure:

I think I've found a workaround.

Just before you're about to pit for mediums, make a mid-session save (I actually made mine in the pitlane). Exit to the main menu, then reload the mid-session save and continue as normal. This actually just worked for me after it previously disqualified me. Was able to continue the race on the mediums with no issue, and was able to have an enjoyable race. 🙂

Give it a try.

Edit: Ignore this, tried it again - didn't work.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Mussmeister said:

@BarryBL - Do we have a date we can look out for when this patch will be released to us. ?

Nothing I am happy to confirm to the public. Please be patient when the 'upcoming patch' tag is added, as we will have other things in that patch too. As the more experienced forum users will testify, once we have a patch that is ready, this is the first place to know.

16 hours ago, TomEmilioDavies said:

That guy who said to disable the safety car might be onto something. Haven’t had this glitch since I disabled it. 

In fact, the only time I had a DQ was when the SC was deployed in one of my races.

The pit strategy change bug still appears though.

1 hour ago, Bassco1990 said:

In fact, the only time I had a DQ was when the SC was deployed in one of my races.

The pit strategy change bug still appears though.

I've had them when there hasn't been a SC, so I doubt it's that.

3 hours ago, OxyTheSheep said:

image.png.c917c3800d0bfcb1fe225d51f6c52014.png

£45 for a game which is literally unplayable still.

Not sure what else to do, tried every solution in here and still just randomly happens.

Ya it's driving me nuts as well...with the challenges that rotate and the Podium Pass counting down while I have zero motivation to keep trying to play my Career as I can get DSQ after trying various methods on a 30 min race, 3 times over. I finally got it to work once and only because I had to pit a 2nd time, while dropped me from a tough fought 3rd down to 9th...woo..

Archived